Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is the backbone of our demand generation machine. With a team of 3 in marketing (plus one in CS that acts as a customer marketing specialist), we are able to use Marketo as the facilitator of all marketing campaigns. I don't use it much for reporting as the majority of that is done in SFDC.
- Smart list functionality and segmentation are strong. You can define anything, and manipulate anything with ease vs. other platforms.
- Integrations and field management are the easiest to handle compared to Pardot or Eloqua.
- For me, it was easy to train members of my team on it in a matter of just a couple weeks.
- Landing page and email, and form asset creation are easier than in Pardot.
- The reporting is non-beautiful. RCA (at least when I tried it out) is unusable.
- RTP is way overpriced.
- Asset creation I felt like was easier in Eloqua.
- The system itself lags speed-wise compared to Pardot or Eloqua, at least for our instance.
- Price tiering based on size of database PLUS modules is lame.
250,000 to 1 million
This is right for companies with a mature demand generation function. Don't get this if you just need something to blast out emails.