Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is the backbone of all marketing activities, it is however also connected to several other parts of the business. We integrate with our CRM system, our own software application and several other third party marketing solutions such as webinar providers and event management software. Marketo helps us to centralize all marketing activities and data in a single product so that we are able to fully monitor, and improve marketing performance. The whole organization is certainly aware of the value Marketo has brought as it is now much more transparent what marketing is doing compared to before we had Marketo.
- Centralize all marketing into a single platform.
- Allows marketeers to be much more productive then ever before.
- Using Marketo put more power in the marketeers hands by being able to provide accurate reporting on marketing efforts.
- Managing the lead-life cycle has become breeze since we started using Marketo.
- Easy to learn, hard to master.
- Certain modules are optional and require additional payment.
- Might require some third party applications to run next to Marketo.
- Insights in our marketing ROI
- Improved marketing ROI by 50% in 6 months time
- Improve marketing productivity by 200%
- Measure marketing investment
- Plan and coordinate marketing across your team
Yes we have certainly been able to measure our marketing investments. We started with automating our marketing pipeline, followed by making sure all campaigns that where run by marketing where present in Marketo. After we started connecting leads to the campaigns we where able to identify marketing contribution and calculate ROI on campaign level and marketing channel. Having all marketing activities in one single application also allowed other marketeers to see what everyone was working on, the Marketo calendar shared when these campaigns where executed.
- IBM Silverpop Engage and HubSpot
Marketo is very user friendly, yet it still holds all the functionality a marketeer would need. The product focuses less on inbound then HubSpot but certainly makes up for that in grating the user more options to automate. With regards to Silverpop the building of campaigns in Marketo is much easier and we noticed a much quicker time to market for our campaigns.
I believe Marketo works very well for our organization but I do believe your company needs to be of a certain size for the investment in Marketo to actually make sense. Also make sure you have a Marketo expert on your team to help out with the initial setup, because if you start with a good initial setup that scales, you will be set for growth and can quickly roll out a lot of marketing campaigns.