Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Our largest volume of email is being sent to our dealers (installing contractors) to keep them informed of everything that's happening in the company and to engage them with our training program, our parts stores, and e-commerce platform. We add value to them and seek to get them engaged with us to create a more permanent bond. We currently deliver email for 18 functional segments of Lennox Industries Inc. (business problem - Professional, timely communication) . The area we're most excited about is our lead generation process which we formally launched April 15th of this year. We are working to engage infrequent parts and supplies customers to increase their frequency and volume of purchase, and we're targeting other prospects to convert to our brand (business problem - assist the Sales team to uncover quality prospects).
- Despite a very large volume of email, we are able to segment our target audience through demographics, job roles and customer segmentation. This allows us to narrowly select our target audience so we don't create too much channel noise to be heard.
- With some custom work, Marketo is effectively interfacing with our software stack including Salesforce.com and our internal e-commerce platform. This allows us to have one functional data warehouse for the customer information we track and use.
- Marketo provides a platform for professional, consistent communications to our internal and external customers. Prior to its use, we were at the mercy of the individually created messages coming from various departments.
- I understand from our automation manager that as the size of our customer base grows, some of the functionality of the program slows down noticeably.
- I typically contribute content, copywriting and editing to our projects and have very little hands on work with the platform.
- Product Launches
- Customer Service
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
The sales goals for each campaign varies by the product, promotion, season and business environment. Product launches may be attempting to drive customers up the product line, or plug a hole somewhere in the lineup. The upsell and cross sell functions are primarily used in our on-line marketing efforts and I don't have much to do with those. Customer Service currently uses the software to deliver breaking information to our customers. The Prospecting, Lead Management elements are all about delivering more pre-qualified leads to the sales team to allow them more time for conversion.
We find that the platform is suited well to deliver content that can be scheduled and planned in advance, and has some type of repeating cadence throughout the year. Seasonal promotions and sales at our warehouse stores are a great example of both. We also find that it works well around a campaign designed around a specific event that may repeat in another location (like a store opening) but is focused on a tight geographic radius and a short series of scheduled events.