Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Our marketing department uses Marketo to manage incoming leads and their lifecycle, score them, and nurture them with email and advertising. It allows us to keep track of nearly all of our marketing initiatives and lays the foundation for reporting which programs are working and which are not. This helps us make better business decisions on where to spend our marketing budget.
- Marketo's integration with Salesforce is second to none and lightning fast. This is absolutely critical when processing Leads, Contacts and Campaigns, maintaining accurate data and ensuring transparency,
- Marketo has made it really simple to scale the creation of marketing programs and assets. With features like tokens and the ability to clone, hours of work is saved by the average marketer.
- Marketo's user community is the best. There are so many people willing to help, from answering basic questions to sharing advanced solutions that push Marketo to the limits.
- Marketo's partner ecosystem makes for an incredibly smooth integration with our entire marketing tech stack.
- Marketo documentation does not stress enough how to set up and maintain a best-practice instance. For example, many key features that are required for reporting are not clearly prioritized over other features.
- Marketo's reports still leave a bit to be desired. It can be tough to give someone all the information they would like in one snap shot, or even in one consistent format.
- Product Launches
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Our main goals are to generate new opportunities for the business, as well as influence opportunities that are in the pipeline. By integrating with Salesforce, Marketo allows us to handle communications differently based on the sales cycle.
It's been several years since I've used another marketing automation platform. However, I remember literally crying at my desk when I called support and asked a question about lead scoring only to find out that it was not scalable. I have had to head-to-desk moments with Marketo!
I would absolutely recommend Marketo to any organization that is looking to manage a large database of prospects and customers through their lifecycle. I would especially recommend Marketo for integration with Salesforce. If someone is looking to simply send emails and not manage lead lifecycles or track ROI of marketing campaigns, Marketo may be too robust.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
Learnings & Advice
Marketo has made every business more aware of process management and marketing budget optimization. It has allowed organizations to scale in both activities and optimizations. Businesses can manage marketing activities at large and integrate with third party applications to create an ecosystem worth bragging about. The most important lessons I've learned is that this is a system that needs cross-functional buy-in. This is not an app - this is a business-changing platform that requires strategy to setup and a team of people to support.
I use Marketo in many different ways, but Engagement Programs have got to be my favorite. I use them to create complex email programs to nurture people through the sales cycle. Using dynamic content, one asset can be created and sent to different demographics, such as those with other language preferences.
The advice I would share would be this: Get help from an expert! At this point, there is a wealth of knowledge in the Marketo community and you should not go it alone. Hire a Champion with implementation experience, or use a Champion from a 3rd party consultancy, who knows the ropes and all of the "gotchas."
The Marketo Community is amazing. Having a network of people to go to when questions arise is a big plus to using Marketo. They make it very easy to connect with other marketers. It helps when you have a quick question or a complex problem. The Community is a resource that cannot be fully explained. You have to be a part of it to know!
Have a mini-audit onhand that you run through quarterly. Check on important business processes, check your CRM sync, review your database, review reports and check compliance. Be involved in the Community, because Marketo users are so willing to share their knowledge. QA, QA, QA. And create templates for your well-used Program Types. They will save you hours of building!
5 - I support companies that have both large and small user bases, from technical to field marketing
5 - Some technical background, but really - a thrill for logic puzzles and analyzing ROI.
- Marketo allows marketers to track ROI of marketing efforts
- Marketo allows you to nurture and score leads with ease
- Marketo allows for both simple and complex integrations with 3rd parties