Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Marketing Automation
Marketo is used in Marketing to manage leads and the ongoing nurturing of those leads.
- Quick answers to questions regarding what is working, and what is not.
- Easy to review data in various formats, plus I can quickly dump to Excel if needed.
- Integrated with Salesforce.com and CAKE, so that I can see the entire customer journey from anonymous browsing to closed/won.
- Automated email updates sent out, so that I can keep key people up-to-date without needing to run separate reports.
- Simple to build a campaign that I can turn on, and it runs automatically as I add new leads.
- Full support for keeping compliant with various international email marketing laws.
- Biggest challenge is keeping campaigns organized over time. Sometimes tough to go backwards and clean out poorly detailed or run campaigns.
- Cleaning out bad emails, lacking emails, etc. Again - the auditing process is cumbersome.
- Risk of bloatware. As more functionality is added, tougher for a manager (as opposed to a daily user) to find what they want to see. Not there yet - but an ongoing concern.
- Nomenclature of names, leads, contacts, accounts discrepancies between different products (i.e. Salesforce calls it one thing, Marketo calls it another).
- I can see exactly what is happening with our leads.
- Reports are automatically sent out.
- Reporting needs to be simplified for an exec sponsor only dashboard view / email.