Overall Satisfaction with MATLAB
MATLAB is primarily used by the geophysics group in our company to understand the geophysical makeup of their wells to add insight for their drilling program.
- The programing language to enable functions is straight forward and fairly intuitive to understand.
- MATLAB does have intro lessons to help end-users become familiar with the MATLAB and its specific programming language.
- MATLAB has an incredible community of users and challenges to further and help end-users to use MATLAB for leisure and professional purposes.
- More examples of how MATLAB can be used in other functional areas such as Finance and Accounting. I can definitely see how MatLab can be used for mathematics and sciences and other statistical uses but it is readily apparent for other areas.
- I have not used MATLAB for my business objectives but I realize the value is learning platforms of other machine learning technology.
It seems MATLAB has built-in functionality that is sometimes missing in Spotfire and can only be enabled in Spotfire with additional programming language like Iron Python.
This is a neutral rating as I have not used support for MATLAB.
Do you think MATLAB delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MATLAB's feature set?
Did MATLAB live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of MATLAB go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy MATLAB again?
MATLAB is well suite for professionals in the geophysics area in oil and gas industry, actuarial insurance industry, astrophysics professionals, etc.