The New Frontier of Speech Analytics
May 19, 2015
The New Frontier of Speech Analytics
Score 9 out of 10
Behavioral Analytics Portal
Overall Satisfaction with Mattersight Behavioral Analytics
Mattersight is used in out contact center by "agents" who work with our students on the front end of Admissions. The focus of the product use has been to improve the ability of our "agents" to work and connect with students and to use the tools for performance management.
- The Communications behavioral model typology is an excellent model to help employees understand and improve how they communicate to others including customers, colleagues and in their personal affairs.
- The tools in the portal have improved the efficiency of how we do performance management.
- Mattersight's training materials and training support are excellent. Probably the best I have ever seen from a vendor.
- Quality people on their end working with us during implementation and post implementation support.
- The linguistics technology and the use of call recording has provided us much greater options than our previous call recording technology.
- Transactional system reporting. Limited/no ability for us to design our own reports, we must work through Mattersight's resources for the creation of new reports.
- Portal can be a bit clumsy with minor glitches. Seems like the technology is a little older for portal technology.
- Ability to modify and make changes in the portal. Most modifications need to wait until a portal upgrade which is done 3-4 times a year. Do to a regularly changing business environment we would like to see greater flexibility. Any modifications whether configuration to fields or customization has to be done by them.
- Administration tab in portal is decent but anytime we have major changes in employee management hierarchies it is very manually intensive to make changes. Fine for one off changes but if you have a higher level management change, profile information for each employee under that manager has to be changed as well.
- We believe we improved our customer service with our employees working with our customers and adapting to their styles.
- We improved our manager's efficiency selecting calls to monitor and conducting impactful coaching sessions.
- We had challenges determining a true ROI as we found it difficult/impossible to fully isolate Mattersight's impact to our bottom line. It was hard to attribute our lead conversion applications and revenue directly to Mattersight with several other external factors in play.
The fact that Mattersight's recording technology records in stereo and allows the linguistic technology to separate out the customer from the agent is a major positive for Mattersight. The technology is superior to other call recording technology we used (Calabrio) but is also more expensive. Mattersight does not seem to have any direct competition when it comes to their behavioral analytics model which makes them unique. Not fully knowledgeable about this recording analytics technology and the industry around it. Its a new technology that is still in its infancy so I think companies are still try to find the best application to understand how the can truly maximize this service. It is an expensive technology but Mattersight is competitively priced for what it offers, the real question is for the organization to develop a strategy to fully utilize the tool for a strong ROI.
One of the keys to a successful implementation is to make sure you get detailed business requirements on the front end. Take the time to do this right and don't rush it. The network technology is also important as it works with other technology. Our initial implementation was good but we ran into some problems when some of our other technology in our network changed post implementation. Examples of this include us transitioning from Cisco hard phones to laptop softphones and some challenges with us moving to utilizing more remote employees working from home. Always ask the question who else, where else, what else, and how else.