Overall Satisfaction with Mendix
We are using Mendix applications to enhance communication between different departments within our research community as well as to enhance communication with research partners and their staff. It provides us with animal use protocol integration, PI contact list updates, health surveillance, bar coding for recording of census, health and charging. We will also be using the system for drug and equipment inventory as well as equipment maintenance.
- My IT personnel have trained to use the system and are able to maintain or make changes as needed in the programs. This saves us from being nickel and dimed by out of the box programs.
- Out of the box programs do not always address your needs - Mendix applications allow versatility so that the application specifically meets our needs.
- The success managers are intent on seeing us succeed, thus customer support is great.
- Training: maybe extend the training to 5 days and have the exam be application based rather than exam based. Especially since the purpose of the training is to go back to your facility and create an app. An app is created as you go through the training, but can you recreate it at the end?
- Would like the company to re-evaluate user vs non-user for university based work.
I only see the benefits of this system at this point. The learning curve is steep, but most things worth having take work and have a learning curve. I like the fact that we are in control of the creative side of programming and can tweak those areas of the program we are not as happy with. This allows us to share programs developed by other institutions, yet alter them in a way that is most effective for our institution.