Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics GP
Dynamics GP is currently being used by our comapny as the the Accounting, Finance and Logistics teams. It provides a common tool that can be used across multiple departments. Its easy to use and provides many ways to integrate with the company's ERP system. We also use the Analytic Cubes, Management Reporter along with the out of the box SSRS reports for reporting.
- The Inventory module integrates smoothly with the Accounting module. Along with the our third party Logistics addin, we can use handheld scanners to maintain our inventory.
- Writing reports for use within GP is easy. I have written reports and published to GP within 30 minutes
- The econnect API is easy and straight forward. We use it for many custom integrations such as automatic Invoice and Payables document generation.
- More out of box reports that can be exported to excel in tabular form. There are to many text based reports that even though they can be exported to excel, are still not in a form that allows easy used.
- Easier setup of the Web Services,
- More workflow capabilities
- Faster invoice generation and processing especially with its econnect integration to POS systems
- Its payables integration using econnect to a third party system
- Easy reports generation
Out of the box, GP offers a solution that can be used by many of the internal functionality groups. This includes logistics, Payables, Collections, Receivables and Purchasing. When you add the ability to drop third party tools into GP, you now have a flexible application that can be extended well beyond its original boundaries.
Using Microsoft Dynamics GP
GP is an easy to use accouting program that integrates easily with other systems. There is a strong support base where a user can go to find answers to many questions. These can be questions for day to day problems such as how to handle a posted invoice for the wrong amount or a developer issue about which tables should be used to write a report.