Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft SQL Server
We utilize Microsoft SQL Server as the database for our Epicor Prophet 21 ERP system. It is used by all of our users to process the products that we sell, the potential customers for our Sales staff, and our purchasing department to order from suppliers. We also utilize SQL Reporting to create custom SQL reports for Management and end users. Microsoft SQL Server helps address the ability for management to easily query and access necessary business metrics. Customized SQL Server views and stored procedures are used to automate management tracking and customer contact. Since SQL Server is a widely-used database, numerous third-party tools that we use, like Pipedrive and Google BigQuery, easily interface with our data.
- Easy to create queries to return specific, filtered data
- Provides easy mechanisms to backup and restore data
- SQL Reports are easily created and customized
- Better exporting of SQL Reports to multiple formats
- More Tool Tips for some of the less familiar options
- More backwards compatibility for older software
- Customization ability
- Access to support
- Interactivity with other tools/software
- Sales reports have a motivational effect on staff
- Ability to customize has improved efficiency
- Updates to Microsoft SQL Server improve the speed of data interaction
Do you think Microsoft SQL Server delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft SQL Server's feature set?
Did Microsoft SQL Server live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft SQL Server go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft SQL Server again?
Since [Microsoft] SQL Server is a widely-accepted and popular database format, it is well-suited for smaller and larger environments, thanks to the different SQL Server versions available. SQL Server installation and configuration is fairly straightforward, and can be installed on different hardware, depending on needs. It may be less appropriate where simple database usage is required.