SCCM 2012 R2 Review
November 30, 2018
SCCM 2012 R2 Review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is used by our whole IT department. Being part of a company that has multiple locations all across the world, SCCM is a must have tool for managing thousands of computers. SCCM is amazing for imaging, application deployment, and reporting. It allows you to save time and be very efficient.
- SCCM has a very strong user community.
- One of SCCM's best feature would be the ability to push software through packages to multiple computers at once.
- What I like best about this release is the added powershell support.
- Apart from the steep price, there is absolutely nothing to dislike about this product!
- Huge learning curve, requires a lot of training.
- Requires many prerequisites for installing SCCM on a Windows Server.
- SCCM has basically made our whole IT department much more efficient with new hires and solving issues by simply re-imaging.
- Monitoring applications and infrastructure health.
- Being able to verify inventory and generate reports.
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager does not have any competition. None of the other deployment solutions have the amount of features SCCM has. SCCM has loads of templates, stronger third party support, and a very big user community to help you troubleshoot your problems. It has been the industry standard for years. If your IT department is currently using other solutions like KACE or MDT, I would strongly suggest you and your team try SCCM out. Even though it's very expensive it's worth every penny!
This software will greatly improve your organization and save you countless hours. If your company is still using Acronis or other small solutions, do them a favor by recommending them SCCM. SCCM is simply the greatest deployment solution on the market. I would highly recommend taking courses to obtain the best performance on the system.