Monetate Review 8 of 69
Monetate Review: "Easy to use, Effective and Great Customer Service"
Laura Neil profile photo
December 20, 2018

Monetate Review: "Easy to use, Effective and Great Customer Service"

Score 10 out of 101

Modules Used
Test & Segment, Intelligent Personalization Engine

Overall Satisfaction with Monetate

Having used Monetate in a previous role, followed by an alternative A/B and personalisation platform, I was so glad to move back to Monetate at my current company. The interface is intuitive. The customer support is fast and friendly, and usually my problem is resolved with the first couple of emails.

Far superior to any other platform I've used in my time as a CRO and UX professional and actually very competitive on price. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Monetate as my first choice of personalisation and testing platform in a move to a new company that didn't currently utilise testing tools due to how easy it is to become acquainted with the tool. I also remember, at my previous workplace, Monetate were happy to come in and run training sessions which were very valuable. Their conferences and events have also been informative and enlightening, in my experience.
  • Customer service - Their customer service is far better than any of their competitors that I've used in the past. I've had detailed coding help and suggestions to improve experiences within hours of lodging a support ticket.
  • Intuitive interface - The action builder is so easy to use, even if you don't have a good grasp on HTML/CSS and makes it possible to get launch experiences quickly which is important in a retail environment where things are so changeable.
  • Analytics - The speed at which detailed information comes in about whether an experience is performing is great and the level of detail makes it possible to provide business cases to key project stakeholders efficiently.
  • Lack of ability to move experiences to another folder if you're on the main experience page - This has bugged me for ages because we do a lot of experience duplication for different campaigns every month and it would be easier if you could duplicate and move folders on the same page.
  • Mass content upload. I may just be missing this feature somewhere but I've never been able to upload more than one piece of content at once and it's quite frustrating.
  • More Manchester based events. This one is obviously specific to my location and I understand why London is the hub for events but it would be nice to have more frequent opportunities to liaise with other Monetate users locally.
  • Conversion rate increase
  • AOV increase, specifically in the case of experiments with exit intent pop-ups and recommended product additions
  • Wider acceptance of CRO within the business as important to overall goals
1) Quick to launch experiments
2) Quick analytics so you know whether to continue running or end an experiment
3) Intuitive interface and easy to organise folders
4) Easy to use action builder
1) Very detailed targeting such as location, behaviour, device etc.
2) Ability to set up custom targets
3) Ability to run experiments on different pages
4) Ability to include/exclude people from different experiment pots to make sure if they see one experience they will also see another
5) Ability to set up custom categories with products in for use in experiences
1) Integrates with Google Analytics
2) Fast and accurate results that are presented in an easy to understand format which makes it quick to tell whether an experiment is working
3) Ability to download experiment results in various file formats for quick distribution to stakeholders.
As mentioned previously, the ability to download experience results in different formats has proven useful to me. The integration with Google Analytics is also very useful for quickly pulling results.
I would recommend Monetate to a business that wants to get set up with testing and personalisation quickly, with the knowledge that they can get the support they need to learn the tool but don't need to be web developers to use it.

I would also say that in the case of wanting to set up very specific experiments, Monetate is very useful as the targeting can be quite complex and there is the ability to integrate with other applications as well as set up custom targets.