Reviews (1-25 of 39)
We use Monetate for three purposes, A/B testing, targeted dynamic content and segmentation, and on the fly changes to our sites.It is so nice to be able to answer the question "What happens if we ....?" We have not come across an idea yet that we have not been able to test in some fashion using Monetate. Personalizing our site by customer, recognizing how they found us, and displaying content relevant to them is not only possible, it's relatively easy. Hardest part is usually coming up with the creative. Being able to quickly add a block of text where you don't currently have a div setup is amazing. You don't need to be and expert programmer to make real changes to the look and feel of your site.
- Ease of segmentation.
- Ease of action builder. You don't need to know how to code html or java to create most of your actions. Even novice users can make substantial changes.
- Support. The support that you get from your Client Success Managers make a big difference with the tool. You are not left to your own devices to figure out how best to accomplish a test. They make sure you are getting what you pay for.
I know that it is recommended to give any test at least two weeks before considering any results, but I would like to see real time reporting.
Taking an idea from concept to implementation has been reduced greatly. I can make changes to my site without Monetate, but without it I would not be able answer the question of how this change affects my results. Being able to personalize and make changes is great, as long as you can measure whether those changes are positive or negative.
We are utilizing Monetate for a number of purposes. We use it for A/B testing on a variety of projects. We rely on this tool heavily to justify our decision making process. This has been a great tool to provide us with insight on our user interface. We also use Monetate for a variety of other functions, such as promotional banners, email sign up lightboxes, and much more.
- A/B testing functionality.
- Reporting analytics for A/B tests and experiences.
- Ability to provide product recommendations based upon site data, and feeding through a variety of algorithms.
Monetate is well suited for companies that want to have a scientific way to measure the effectiveness of various presentations of user interfaces in a head-to-head A/B style testing format. This has been critical for our company to determine what is the best option to move forward in our experiments.
The main drivers of Monetate usage for our company is the team that is responsible for on site performance and user experience. This team is responsible for the administration of the tool as well as definition and creation of campaigns. Focus is on driving AOV, conversion, email signup, and personalized site experiences.
- Ease of use resulting in quick and easy implementation. Team members have been able to quickly learn the tool and understand how to implement both easy and complex campaigns.
- Wonderful support with rapid response to any questions or concerns. Questions are responded to quickly and updates on progress are given regularly.
- Capabilities are endless. If you can think of it, Monetate will help you find a way to do it.
- Based on their road map, Monetate is listening to their customers and continually moving forward.
The Merchandiser tool could be more flexible in the information it displays as well as in the data filters that can be applied. It is a solid tool but has room to offer more.
Sites with lower traffic will have a hard time getting actionable data from the tool unless you are willing to make decisions on a low confidence level. This isn't a reflection of Monetate but rather having enough traffic to meet statistical significance.
We are currently using Monetate within the web team only. I am the primary user, but there are some additional users as well who use it as needed. We recently implemented their Merchandiser tool, so this responsibility will likely be shared between myself and another coordinator. With Monetate we are able to manipulate and test all areas of our site; from the most basic color changes to complex layout changes. With their guidance, we have built a very strong multi-variant testing program here.
- The tool they offer is exceptional - easy to use, easy to understand the analytics
- Our support team is phenomenal. We are in touch with them regularly and they are an excellent resource for us.
- Monetate offers a variety of on-site resources, with up to date eCommerce information of everything that is going on in the industry
Our team is very happy with the service and support provided by Monetate. The only thing I have had frustration with (very minor!) is the full page refreshes within the UI. This is particularly painful when trying to prioritize 50+ campaigns at any given time
We use Monetate for testing and customization of our desktop and mobile websites. It addresses problems such as customer segmentation for site experience and messaging; providing more relevant products to specific buyers; helping to identify best actions based on multi variant testing; allows us to geo-target, etc. We also heavily rely on the tool to help workaround lengthy development times and costs. We are able to utilize the Monetate tool to do things such as mimic the experience of desktop site on our mobile site; add mobile optimized content/landing pages and product endcaps - which would take much longer to accomplish without Monetate.Just starting to use email tool - currently geo targeting to help drive to closest stores and will use to test promo language.
- Tool is very intuitive - easy to use right out of the box. Users can create tests starting day 1 AND it is so easy to build upon existing campaigns..feels like a limitless amount of things you can accomplish right away.
- Analytics - again straightforward design - easy to access and take away learnings. For example - when we tested abandoned cart messaging (adding links to customer service, etc) with no offer - saw 22% increase in add to cart and 9% decline in bounce rate. Can utilize the Monetate summary dashboard or look at data directly.
- Support team - consistent knowledgeable members who make the effort to understand client end goals - then help develop action/strategy plan to accomplish AND help execute. Whether providing / assisting with training to helping to troubleshoot to building in-house. Always accessible - whenever i've had a question/issue!
- Engage email program isn't managed the same way as Merchandiser. While our team helped get us up and running with the tool and provided support in initial programs to test, we have to go through Monetate Support for additional help. Wish it was all in one place/one team.
- As a small brand that is part of a larger corporation where other brands also use Monetate...think it's a good decision recently implemented to re-organize so that there is a team/acct lead for the corporation. There are a lot of good learnings that we needed someone to facilitate sharing across the different brands. It took a while to implement - but a good improvement.
Things to consider: Do you have someone in place who has the time to manage tests - creating test plans, building/or working with Monetate to build campaigns and react to results? It is easy to use Monetate to make changes to site quickly (skipping internal development) and to skip the testing - you have to be rigorous in taking advantage of that piece of the tool. Otherwise..Do you have a clunky development process - that makes it hard to make site changes? Monetate works well for emergency quick fixes (such as updating incorrect messaging/adding a disclaimer) as well as more developmentally intensive changes such as adding Paypal to minicart. It's so easy to use that we often rely on Monetate to manage content pieces on site and mobile.
Monetate is being used by the e-commerce teams for two sites which I manage. It enables us to improve conversion and average order value by testing creative and promotional messaging, target messaging to consumers based on behavior and demographic segment, and cross-sell merchandise. Monetate also enables the teams to make quick changes to the site and avoid the time consuming ordeal of submitting tickets to developers and waiting for response and resolution.
- The UI is intuitive. With very little training team members start using the tools.
- It is versatile - a testing, targeting, a second CMS, and recommendation engine which can be used virtually anywhere on the site.
- It is light. Integration is fast and does not slow down site speed. We even use Monetate to test certain 3P functionality, integrating through Monetate and testing the application to validate impact on site KPI rather than just integrating the 3P directly into the platform.
- Client Services team very proactive in helping our team identify opportunities and get quick results. Also very responsive when we need to use Monetate to quickly address issues affecting the business.
Continuous improvement in predictive analytics.
A tool such as Monetate can impact the businesses most if it is able to leverage multiple sources of first and third party data. I would discuss in the evaluation process the best ways for integrating and leveraging those data sources in a way that is scalable. If your team does not yet have a culture of testing, it is worth discussing what organization is required to leverage the tool.
We have had such a great experience with Monetate. The tool itself has opened up a ton of opportunity for us on our website, as well as different ways to market to our website visitors. Their customer service team is exceptionally knowledgeable and always there to help. We can't say enough good things about Monetate.
- The technology is fantastic and can help take your website and on-site marketing efforts to the next level.
- Customer service is always responsive and extremely helpful.
- Real-time reporting would be a huge improvement.
- The ability to target customers based on an on-site event is also functionality that would be great to have.
Most of our questions were around how the tool could help test across multiple sub-domains and code bases. I would work with their sales staff to understand where your organization is in terms of testing vs. personalization. The tool does well with both, but you'll want to make sure you know how to effectively leverage the tool before bringing it onboard.
Monetate is owned by the digital team, but all departments have access to submit a request to be tested or implemented on the website. We use it for a number of tasks from marketing, to small fixes, and tests.
- Provide customers with the power to change what was previously unchangeable. We can now alter our site thorough Monetate when such tasks would previously take months.
- Great customer service. Any issue or question I have they answer it and look for ways to improve it going forward. They are constantly looking to improve their tool and listen to customers' pain points and feedback. Many concerns and suggestions I have had, have been implemented on the dashboard. It's nice to know my opinion and voice matter.
- Testing. Before Monetate we would alter or roll out with things based on the loudest opinion. Now, we have results to show what works and what doesn't.
I don't love the dashboard or interface. I find it challenging to use however because of client suggestions, they are rolling out an improvement.
Monetate works very well for testing and marketing in ways that we are unable to, i.e. badging and banners. Having the option to time experiences also eliminates late night project pushes.
We use Monetate for every promotional email campaign. We set up banners displaying the offer and also set up pop-ups so people can see the small print on the offer (ex: excludes clearance, promotional end date, etc.). It has increased conversion and has decreased customer complaints.
- Adding Badges ("best seller")
- Adding a pop up for new email sign ups
- Adding a banner a promotional banner (Free shipping use code..)
- The reporting could be cleaner
- I wish there was a mobile preview
- More testing examples for product pages and site content
The help support is quick. I would recommend Monetate. I am unfamiliar with the cost, that would be my only drawback.
We utilize the power of the Monetate platform to add/remove elements on our web site in a quick and easy fashion and leverage the testing capabilities to A/B test site changes globally before rolling them out "officially".
- The ease of setting up actions to add new content or remove existing content from the web site is very streamlined and even non-coders on our team can do so with ease and little difficulty.
- With the power of A/B testing on virtually anything we post to the site with Monetate we can gauge user response and acceptance and target the "better" CTR on specific designs. This expedites the creation of future designs as we know what works--and what doesn't.
- Running concurrent campaigns throughout the site is simple as you can easily pause and edit anything running on the site with little interruption to the flow of the existing site.
- The action builder interface has come a long way, but there are times when it feels intrusive. The top nav bar that is shown should be resizable to the user specifications... not on the standard sizes that Monetate dictates.
- Sharing tests with others is quite easy, however, a test should be made available to "test" automatically rather than having to build a specific link. Users should be able to set a target location and allow others to see it as part ot the set up process and that "share link" should be automatically generated upon "completion" of building a campaign. Having to click elsewhere and build a link foolish as it is nearly always a "next step".
We use Monetate to host/display all of our internal site banners. The ease of implementation and targeting allows us to truly add a level of detail previously unavailable.
Monetate is a great tool to deliver personalized content to the customers where customers are seeing real time personalization fitting to their behavior. It's also great to do AB testing with Monetate as the customers are easily segmented and presented with different testing content. It provides a quick solution for site owners to dynamically insert content without having advanced technical background.
- Capture customers' behavior real time.
- Easy to use UI.
- There are endless combination of targeting variables to utilize.
- Faster turnaround time for special targeting variable request.
- Deliver new features for the UI at the time they promised.
I would recommend Monetate to those who are just stepping into the personalization world.
We use Monetate for onsite testing and personalization - from very simple a/b content tests to very advanced functionality tests. Occasionally we use it to push content or features quickly when our IT group is backlogged. It is a very robust and yet simple tool for us.
- Monetate's testing tool is extremely user friendly, reliable and robust. The tool itself allows us to test content and functionality in 2-4 weeks where it would normally take months for our IT team to prioritize and build.
- Monetate's service is above and beyond. They assign each client a very knowledgeable and helpful client success manager who speaks with us weekly and answers emails daily when we have questions. They are proactive about testing suggestions and ideas and are extremely quick to respond to questions.
I truly have no areas for improvement for Monetate.
We are huge Monetate supporters. I feel like it's the best website testing solution available.
We use Monetate in our eComm department for our websites. Monetate allows us to implement our site ideas quicker and more easily than going through the traditional site update process. It also allows us to test our changes so we can make an informed business decision on what leads to better ROI. I love the simplistic user interface of Monetate. It's a truly great product and I would recommend it to any other company.
- I can implement my tests/features with little to no HTML coding experience. It's great!
- Instant previews and instant fixes before pushing an experience live.
- Segmenting is very easy and clear of which customers will and won't see a given experience.
- Some lag when searching for experiences, but we have multiple brands all on the same account, so this is likely part of the issue. This lag was severely decreased with a recent update.
- Not being able to preview every type of experience. Some you have to push live and just use IP segmentation to preview before rolling out to segmented customers.
Monetate is very well suited for when we want to test our site ideas/functionality against alternatives. It's easy to have the same program running the actual creative/ text changes as well as the testing and reporting.
Monetate is currently being used only in one department to deliver relevant, personalized experiences and offers on our website. It allows us to target different audiences based on location, behavior and other information we have so that we can learn what UI works best on our site and provide meaningful customer shopping experiences, and drive signups and conversions.
- Their knowledge base and university is extremely informative and helpful when you need some extra help understanding the product features and capabilities.
- The Summit is incredible in every way. All the speakers were outstanding. The entertainment and networking opportunities were also a huge value add, and the one day university helped me gain confidence using the tool and learn helpful tips from other retail customers.
- The PEOPLE! The account reps and everyone else there provide incredible service all the time and everyone I have met at the company goes overboard to make sure customers are happy with the product, using it to its fullest potential, and meeting their goals.
- The product is awesome and extremely easy to use even for non-technical people.
Most of the issues I have are being addressed in the upcoming release and it is all around organization of experiences in the tool. They are creating a filing system to make it easier to manage experiences and that will be a big improvement.
It is very well-suited for retail. Monetate is very good at working with others in your org to socialize the tool and help get buy-in from developers and designers. Once the developers understand that it won't break the site, they are much more willing to accept and start using the tool.
Review: "Monetate delivers personalized experiences to your customers, across channels and devices."
Monetate's platform is used to define customer segments, create actions, and run A/B tests for improving user experiences and conversions across multiple devices and channels.
- Creating campaigns is as simple as click and point. No coding experience required.
- Building customer segments based on used behavior.
- Managing campaigns in real time.
- Analytics and actionable insights provided for each campaign.
Integrating data insights from other platforms.
Define your objective clearly and make sure the solution covers your specific needs.
We use Monetate to test segmentation targets and site development/changes in eCommerce. It allows us to test without incurring hours upon hours of third party development and to easily define testing parameters.
- I love that I can easily and quickly build an action, and implement within a very small time frame.
- Troubleshooting is simple with Monetate support.
- The software is very easy for me to understand and their knowledge base is first class.
- Action builder could be simpler to use. Sometimes it doesn't seem to pull specific elements out of my native site and instead groups them together.
- I'd like to see the metrics UI updated. I recently pulled metrics for campaigns and items that had not hit significance display in a pale gray text.
- I'd like to be able to contact support via phone.
Monetate may not be suited for retailers with a smaller product catalog or with a very distinct, similar looking line of products.
We have used Monetate to understand who our customer is. Once we know that, we can use it to identify what their intent is. Personalization is a term being thrown around a lot all over the Internet, but it is really being put to use by Monetate. We can change many things on our sites based on who our customer is, or what they are interested in. I currently use Monetate on most of our web properties, and plan on expanding. Being able to personalize the sites has helped us differentiate our sites from each other, although we still have a long way to go.
- I have really enjoyed finding out who our customer is by using Live Audience. To me, it is the closest thing to the Marketing Holy Grail that I have seen. Knowing that much information about our customers is going to be invaluable.
- The analytical aspect of the Test Lab has helped us make improvements across our organization. The ability to show conversion rates, revenue increases and Add to Cart rates have helped us move the needle on change.
- I have been impressed with the communication from Monetate. Our Client Success team is always available for questions and help. Many times contacting vendors can be very hard, but Monetate understands what we are trying to do, and knows that sometimes time is an issue. They are always eager to help, and never rude or complaining.
I would love to see more detailed analytics. They are releasing some new analytics in the future, so this may not be relevant for long.
If an organization is very "status quo" driven, then Monetate can be difficult to use. To start testing and personalization takes a lot of risk, and many companies are not willing to take that risk. Smaller businesses would definitely benefit since they don't have the budgets to make mistakes. By testing something early, they can change potentially bad content early. Understanding the customers would also help small businesses since they don't usually have the budgets for market research as well.
Monetate is used strictly in IT, but we take care of issues and jobs from all lines of the business. Our call center went down one day and we were able to add a tippy top banner to tell our customers that they could only order online at the moment. Being able to add things to our site without a stage prop is amazing for last minute issues like that. We also use it for testing and it makes me so much more confident when we add something to the site if we have tested it first. It's our feature barometer. I can't imagine doing my job without Monetate now.
- Support/education - every new feature that is rolled out comes with a webinar and instruction. This is so helpful.
- Ideas - our rep is constantly evaluating our site to see if there are any new things we could try.
- Flexibility - We can do almost anything with Monetate, but if we can't, I know that they're open to the idea of adding something to their development schedule. It's nice to know that your opinion matters.
- Third-party analytics is not the easiest. I use Coremetrics and tagging those is tedious.
- The reps could learn a bit more about the business of their client.
- I'd like to see more reporting features.
If you are fine-tuning your website, this is a must. There is no better way to manipulate your pages without disrupting the flow of regular traffic. I especially like that we can solve issues that require immediate attention on the site with Monetate. The flexibility saves us a lot of money!
I have been using Monetate for over three years now. The tool is extremely easy to use. We have been executing extensive A/B test campaigns on the site using this tool which have directly increased conversion and revenue. The request time for new campaigns is very short. Usually campaigns are live within two weeks from when they are submitted to our account managers.
- The turn around time is fast. Two weeks usually.
- The staff is always available and helpful.
- The capabilities of the tool are fantastic. It is rare when they cannot make a campaign that I request.
I wish you could preview multiple campaigns at once. To make sure they work well together.
[Monetate is especially well suited] if you have limited resources in your in-house development team.
We are using Monetate for testing new things on the site (simple creative, CTAs, merchandising ideas, promotions) and we also use it for serving content and site elements that might take our IT department longer to implement.
- Targeting and segmentation- for those that don't have sophisticated content management systems and for those hoping to better personalize their site.
- Showing incremental lift/decrease- for things like promotions and other site enhancements, Monetate does a great job of giving an incremental dollar figure to things that top level executives are going to want to see.
- Ease of use- the UI is incredibly user-friendly and Action Builder is a great asset for people who aren't as adept with coding and such.
- Being quicker to release new features after they are announced. We often wait a year to gain access to features we are excited to use after they are announced.
- Being quicker to build out actions around the holiday shopping season.
- In terms of client support, we find that we have to sometimes remind our client service members about tests and other things discussed on update calls. A consistent follow up status email after each call or some other method of keeping track of things going on would be most helpful.
I would say that I would recommend it to someone who really wants to utilize all of the testing features. It is pricey, but very useful to really getting a sense of the impact certain things have on the site and the business.
We use Monetate to Test and Target most of our marketing placements across all of our websites for lead generation, subscription and content marketing. It puts control into our online marketing teams hands to efficiently and effectively optimize our marketing campaigns without intervention or resource needs from our technical team.
- Allows our marketing team to efficiently and effectively launch tests and manage our onsite marketing campaigns without relying on our technical team.
- More opportunity for personalization and advanced segmentation of offers.
- Client success team easy to work with and very solution oriented.
- More robust reporting and data extraction to a third party BI tool.
- There can be a fairly lengthy "flicker" at times with swapping content when using the asynchronous tags.
As a publisher we have different needs and KPI's for our business vs. the typical retail client. Out of the box many of the targets and optimization opportunities were geared for other industries, but we've worked with Monetate closely so they understand our business needs and have created solutions that work well for our business. I'm continually impressed with how well versed everyone at Monetate is with their product, including the sales team we worked with. That's a rarity!
Monetate is able to pull geographical data, and drill down to send the right message to our customers. For example,the tool helped us segment so that we could send banners ads based on IP Address. Since we were product driven, we would send ads with jackets, winter hats, etc to cold weather areas and the reverse to the other side.
I liked it and never had any issues.
We are using Monetate for our A/B/n Testing Platform and a rapid merchandising tool. We are using it primarily in our Marketing and Merchandising teams.
- Monetate is extremely powerful while minimizing it's impact on site performance.
- Monetate enables non-technical people to intelligently merchandise their sites.
- Monetate was wildly simple to implement and their staff has been very helpful
- Their backend could use some improvements. Juggling 15-20 tests makes finding and editing campaigns difficult.
- Their reporting seems a bit too basic
- Their support platforms are a bit expensive and are a little light on guidance
I feel like this is a system meant to be managed by one person. It's hard enough to understand and find campaigns you have setup that the idea of someone else administrating the site would be a nightmare.
Monetate addressed the issue of needing to provide different content for different audiences. It was used only within the ecom dept, but fulfilled requests made by other depts.
- Very easy to set up new tests.
- Very easy to report on these tests.
- Super quick changes can be made to your site that are automatic.
- Reporting was not always as reliable as I had hoped.
- Should be some kind of alert when you create or start a test that interferes with another.
To really take advantage of the tool, make sure you have a support team. New action requests always had a quick turnaround and they can literally do anything you ask.
Monetate is currently being used in the e-Commerce area specifically for recommendations, banners and other imagery.
- Site wide recommendations
- Customer Service - fast problem solvers
- Teaching how to maximize the tool
- Some tracking sources
- Being able to duplicate storefront recs to mobile instead of having to create to separate campaigns.
Fast problem solvers.Easy to understand - speak your language.They get to learn your world and how their tool will best represent your company.
Monetate is a website optimization and personalization product. The company offers a strong product tailored to the needs of e-commerce and retailers. Customers are mostly enterprise brands.
Monetate Technical Details