Monetate Reviews

Monetate35 (35)4.4 out of 0 - 5

Most Helpful Reviews

Favorable

Monetate
Fri May 01 2015 15:34:07 GMT-0500 (CDT)

May 1, 2015 - We use Monetate to test segmentation targets and site development/changes in eCommerce. It allows us to test without incurring hours upon hours of third party development and to easily define testing parameters.

Overall Satisfaction with Monetate

Likelihood to Recommend Monetate

Monetate may not be suited for retailers with a smaller product catalog or with a very distinct, similar looking line of products.

Monetate Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Monetate Pros

• I love that I can easily and quickly build an action, and implement within a very small time frame.
  • Troubleshooting is simple with Monetate support.
  • The software is very easy for me to understand and their knowledge base is first class.

Monetate Cons

• Action builder could be simpler to use. Sometimes it doesn't seem to pull specific elements out of my native site and instead groups them together.
  • I'd like to see the metrics UI updated. I recently pulled metrics for campaigns and items that had not hit significance display in a pale gray text.
  • I'd like to be able to contact support via phone.

ROI on Monetate purchase

• We've learned that product recommendations perform better on our native site than through an algorithm - but then we have a smaller product catalog in which items are very similar in photographs.
  • We've seen positive results when using Monetate to target segments to serve different experiences.

Critical

Monetate
Thu May 01 2014 09:37:04 GMT-0500 (CDT)

December 18, 2014 - The ease of implementation and targeting allows us to truly add a level of detail previously unavailable.

Overall Satisfaction with Monetate

Likelihood to Recommend Monetate

We use Monetate to host/display all of our internal site banners. The ease of implementation and targeting allows us to truly add a level of detail previously unavailable.

Monetate Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize the power of the Monetate platform to add/remove elements on our web site in a quick and easy fashion and leverage the testing capabilities to A/B test site changes globally before rolling them out "officially".

Monetate Pros

• The ease of setting up actions to add new content or remove existing content from the web site is very streamlined and even non-coders on our team can do so with ease and little difficulty.
  • With the power of A/B testing on virtually anything we post to the site with Monetate we can gauge user response and acceptance and target the "better" CTR on specific designs. This expedites the creation of future designs as we know what works--and what doesn't.
  • Running concurrent campaigns throughout the site is simple as you can easily pause and edit anything running on the site with little interruption to the flow of the existing site.

Monetate Cons

• The action builder interface has come a long way, but there are times when it feels intrusive. The top nav bar that is shown should be resizable to the user specifications... not on the standard sizes that Monetate dictates.
  • Sharing tests with others is quite easy, however, a test should be made available to "test" automatically rather than having to build a specific link. Users should be able to set a target location and allow others to see it as part ot the set up process and that "share link" should be automatically generated upon "completion" of building a campaign. Having to click elsewhere and build a link foolish as it is nearly always a "next step".

ROI on Monetate purchase

I am unable to answer this "ROI" question as it is not part of my job description as a developer.

Likelihood to Renew Monetate

It is used company wide so we will re-up for certain when our current contract is expired.

Monetate Reviews

Add filters:

Reviews (1-25 of 31)

August 12, 2015

NTO
5 out of 0 - 5  |  8/12/2015

We use Monetate in our eComm department for our websites. Monetate allows us to implement our site ideas quicker and more easily than going through the traditional site update process. It also allows us to test our changes so we can make an informed business decision on what leads to better ROI. I...

July 29, 2015

Team Lead in Marketing
5 out of 0 - 5  |  7/29/2015

Monetate is currently being used only in one department to deliver relevant, personalized experiences and offers on our website. It allows us to target different audiences based on location, behavior and other information we have so that we can learn what UI works best on our site and provide...

July 21, 2015

Employee in Marketing
4 out of 0 - 5  |  7/21/2015

The marketing department uses Monetate to implement A/B testing on our site, along with personalization for our customers. It is a great tool to use to make sure that the customer has the best possible experience when on the site.

May 1, 2015

eCommerce SpecialistLEM Products
5 out of 0 - 5  |  5/1/2015

March 23, 2015

eCommerce Business AnalystDillards
Apparel & Fashion51-200 employees
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  3/23/2015

If you are fine-tuning your website, this is a must. There is no better way to manipulate your pages without disrupting the flow of regular traffic. I especially like that we can solve issues that require immediate attention on the site with Monetate. The flexibility saves us a lot of money!

March 21, 2015

Ecommerce Content & Production ManagerTommy Hilfiger
5 out of 0 - 5  |  3/21/2015

I have been using Monetate for over three years now. The tool is extremely easy to use. We have been executing extensive A/B test campaigns on the site using this tool which have directly increased conversion and revenue. The request time for new campaigns is very short. Usually campaigns are live...

February 18, 2015

Ecommerce Marketing AnalystOrchard Brands
5 out of 0 - 5  |  2/18/2015

Taking an idea from concept to implementation has been reduced greatly. I can make changes to my site without Monetate, but without it I would not be able answer the question of how this change affects my results. Being able to personalize and make changes is great, as long as you can measure...

July 8, 2015

Digital Marketing DirectorNextWorth Solutions
Consumer Electronics11-50 employees
5 out of 0 - 5  |  7/8/2015

Monetate's platform is used to define customer segments, create actions, and run A/B tests for improving user experiences and conversions across multiple devices and channels.

January 24, 2015

Administrator in Marketing
Retail201-500 employees
5 out of 0 - 5  |  1/24/2015

Monetate is currently being used in the e-Commerce area specifically for recommendations, banners and other imagery.

December 5, 2014

Targeted Promotion SpecialistNewegg
Computer Hardware11-50 employees
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  12/5/2014

The most important thing is to opt for a trial run of the UI to see if Monetate is right for your company and if the learning curve is too difficult for the possible users. Other than that, the capabilities of Monetate are very powerful and I would definitely recommend it.

November 11, 2014

Site Optimization ManagerBuySeasons, Inc.
Retail201-500 employees
4 out of 0 - 5  |  11/11/2014

You should ask if you ever need to make quick updates to your site. You should ask if you would benefit from the ability to A/B test different scenarios on your site.You should ask if you have a person who is able to understand HTML and CSS in order to go in the tool and make changes more quickly...

December 23, 2014

Ecommerce Merchandising & Marketing ExecutiveViking Direct (Office Depot)
5 out of 0 - 5  |  12/23/2014

The use of knowledge base, the support team and the endless campaigns we can use make this my number one tool to drive our business forward.

February 25, 2015

Sr. Director - Audience DevelopmentMeredith Corporation
Publishing11-50 employees
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  2/25/2015

With a large scale implementation across many websites, we've really just scratched the surface of the potential uses of Monetate.

February 4, 2015

eCommerce Marketing SpecialistKontrolFreek
Marketing and Advertising51-200 employees
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  2/4/2015

It gives non-technical marketers the ability to make quick edits and creative changes.

May 16, 2014

Employee in Other
3.5 out of 0 - 5  |  5/16/2014

Essentially the potential client should know their business needs, and see if Monetate fits their needs. There definitely is a place and time to use Montetate, but then at other times maybe not so much.

May 13, 2014

Senior Online Producer and Content AdministratorWalgreens
5 out of 0 - 5  |  5/13/2014

The Customer Success Team that we work with is "well suited". They bend over backwards for us, and we have some pretty heinous requests and time lines that we throw at them. They never miss a beat.

May 10, 2014

Manager in Corporate
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  5/10/2014

I had never worked within a company that had a tool like this. It made my life as a designer and a creative manager much easier with it's easy to use interface and limitless possibilities in terms of creative. I would highly recommend taking Monetate for a test drive, you will not be disappointed.

March 16, 2015

Manager, eCommerceSkyMall
Marketing and Advertising51-200 employees
4 out of 0 - 5  |  3/16/2015

As with any other tool, there are things I would change, but I am very happy with the tool overall. I don't see any reason to switch.

May 2, 2014

VP, EcommerceTommy John
Apparel & Fashion11-50 employees
5 out of 0 - 5  |  5/2/2014

We've just begun our testing, targeting and personalization attempts at Tommy John. I'm confident Monetate will be a partner of ours for many years to come.

December 18, 2014

Web / Digital project SpecialistGarnet Hill
Apparel & Fashion201-500 employees
3.5 out of 0 - 5  |  12/18/2014

April 9, 2015

Manager in Marketing
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  4/9/2015

I currently use Monetate on most of our web properties, and plan on expanding. Being able to personalize the sites has helped us differentiate our sites from each other, although we still have a long way to go.

April 1, 2014

Online Marketing Manager, Main Focus Website Optimizationyd.yourdelivery GmbH (Lieferando)
Internet51-200 employees
5 out of 0 - 5  |  4/1/2014

We use Monetate in various ways from simple landing page testing for our different online marketing channels to advertising our apps especially personalized on mobile devices to optimizing our order process.

December 4, 2014

Executive in Marketing
Music11-50 employees
4 out of 0 - 5  |  12/4/2014

If it is solely for A/B and multivariate testing, you may find a better specific solution elsewhere - but for a strong tool for building out relevant experiences and testing them for both marketing and UX, it can't be beat.

December 9, 2014

Project Manager in Professional Services
Logistics and Supply Chain51-200 employees
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  12/9/2014

Monetate has continued to impress with a range of new features and continual engagement with our business.

March 18, 2014

Web Content ExecutiveMorrisons
4.5 out of 0 - 5  |  3/18/2014

Performance so far has been impressive and we have a whole raft of tests yet to be started. I think we have only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Monetate Rating Summary

Likelihood to Recommend  (31)
Likelihood to Renew  (22)
Usability Rating (3)
Availability Rating (1)
Performance Rating (1)
10.0
Overall Support Rating (3)
In-Person Training (1)
Implementation Rating (2)

Monetate Description

Monteate is a website optimization product and is a recent entrant into the space. The company offers a strong product that it tailored to the needs of e-commerce and retailers. Customers are mostly enterprise brands.

Monetate Integrations