Three Cheers for Nagios!!!
March 02, 2018
Three Cheers for Nagios!!!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Nagios
Nagios is being used primarily by the IT department but the management team makes use of its reporting features. With its robust monitoring and ease of use to set up our company has been happy with the product. Having the amount of information at our fingertips has made our jobs easier and given us the peace of mind that our systems are being monitored properly.
- Monitoring of services is one of the biggest benefits for our company. Being able to respond in a timely fashion keeps business smooth.
- Hardware and device monitoring are easy to set up with proper parameters.
- Notification to key staff to be able to respond quickly makes issues go away faster.
- There could be a better tutorial for setup but the overall system is very easy.
- More options for notification would be great.
- There could be a few more customization reporting functions.
- Nagios has saved time by allowing our IT staff to focus on other projects.
- Just knowing that systems are being properly monitored allows them to keep other tasks on track.
- Downtime is lessened by proper timely notifications of system issues or down states.
- SolarWinds Log & Event Manager and Splunk Cloud
Nagios is an easy to use intuative tool that gives a great return on investment. It has better monitoring features that IT needs than competitors and won't break the bank. Support for this tool is first class and the techs will help you to get the most out of the product.
This tool is very appropriate for IT staff to have the information they need at their fingertips. Notifications are timely and response time to issues has been cut down immensely. If you are looking for Nagios to be the one network monitoring tool for your department then you are in the right place. Nagios will allow your staff to focus on problem resolution and create efficiency by putting more information at their disposal.
7 - IT infrastructure in charge of company wide support of all Systems and Applications. IT Ops also uses this product in their daily functions to keep on top of monitoring. Management is happy to receive reporting out of the Nagios system.
3 - Network engineer in charge of maintaining the overall health of the network as well as all monitoring of issues. We also have a DBA who makes use of this system to keep all SQL monitoring information at his fingertips. Our system admin likes the timely notifications to keep her apprised of any potential issues.
- Network Monitoring
- Notification of issues
- Review of systems to create better efficiency
- Tracking issues over time to see trends in problems
- Allow management to be able to see how IT is keeping business continuity running
- Lateral notification of system outages or issues to non-IT personnel
- Predicting systems to be refreshed earlier by examining past issues
- Keeping up to date on systems for patching, updates ect
- Aiding in risk analysis by examining past events