Overall Satisfaction with The Okta Identity Cloud
- Okta has a huge library of verified applications. This library of verified applications translates to less headaches for you when it comes to integrating a new application. It also has the unforeseen bonus of acting as an identity app store. When we are evaluating applications we will look to see if they're already Okta verified which can give us a little more insight into the integration process.
- Okta is able to provision users you choose from your Active Directory environment and create them in the app that allows provisioning. Salesforce is one example of an app that allows provisioning. In one deployment I was able to create hundreds of new users and in one fell swoop.
- Okta offers some of the best support and training of any product I've seen. During the Heartbleed incident they actually called me to let me know none of my applications were affected.
- Okta offers a few different pricing tiers but for what I'm using it for the price could be better. Since they offer different pricing tiers it's just a matter of matching up what you need the product to do and what you're willing to pay for.
- Our need to open tickets for password resets has gone down.
- We've been able to offer Multi-Factor authentication.
- Faster application integration means we can stay agile to meet business needs.
- Employees can leverage self-service to add applications they need as they need them.
- Using Okta as an identity broker has allowed integrations with applications that wouldn't be possible (or done in a timely manner), otherwise.
- Symplified,ping one,onelogin
•Account provisioning and group policy supported
•Template applications for rapid deployment.
•Reset AD password with “Forgot Password”
•Large Application Library
•Uptime and reliability
•Flexibility with licensing model
While other services may offer multi-factor authentication none of the services I evaluated at the time had all of the features rolled up into an identity solution like Okta.
During my selection process I had the following requirements:
- SSO to on premises applications.
- User Provisioning (to Active Directory)
- User De-Provisioning (offboard)
- Offer Strong Authentication (multi-factor)
- Supports SAML
- Mobile App
- Uptime and reliability
All of these were requirements for our selection of an identity solution. The price wasn't a factor though that should be noted as Okta offers several different pricing and features to suit your needs.