Overall Satisfaction with On-Screen Takeoff
On-Screen Takeoff is the preeminent takeoff software. On-Screen Takeoff has incredible capabilities for cross calculations, complex divisions of quantities and back calculations from 2D plans. With On-Screen Takeoff's database abilities, we are able to save ourselves dozens of man-hours every bid by having our conditions pre-organized, pre-created, and with automatic layers built in. To take your estimates to the next level, On-Screen Takeoff is a must.
- Calculating by area
- Calculating by bid package
- Using more than one of their sectioning tools at once. For instance, you must use a typical areas and zones to get areas within areas
- Tutorials - On-Screen Takeoff has an amazing depth of features but their tutorial videos barely scrape the surface
- Creating consistent takeoffs
- Speeding up the estimating process
OST simply is a more robust product at the moment. Bluebeam is fine for a simple, quick takeoff but requires a vast amount of effort to layer, perform the calculations you need and (most importantly) secure your takeoff. Bluebeam may head for there in the future, but for right now OST is miles ahead.
On-Screen Takeoff shines for any situation where you want higher consistency and accuracy from your estimates. Between their features such as zones, areas, typical groups, style sets and databases, On-Screen Takeoff allows your estimating team to fly. If you're willing to put in the upfront time to educate and build your workflows, On-Screen Takeoff gives companies the ability to assemble estimates and perform hand-offs seamlessly.