Bluebeam Revu Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Brij Purohit | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

A must-have PDF software!

Bluebeam Revu is currently used across the whole organization for viewing PDF files, marking up, and also for Bluebeam Studio file sharing and reviewing purposes. It also solves the problem of editing and marking PDF files. Bluebeam Revu is easy to open and it rarely crashes. Plus, the user interface is user-friendly and easy to understand. Creating PDF files, replacing pages, and cropping pages are additional benefits provided by Bluebeam Revu.
  • Bluebeam Studio is number one for PDF sharing.
  • Cropping pages and inserting PDF files is really easy.
  • Making PDF sharing more faster than it is right now.
  • Opening multiple PDF files and viewing them is a little difficult.
Bluebeam Revu is suitable in an environment where editing and sharing PDF files is on a heavy scale. The construction industry and civil engineering field should definitely use this software. Marking documents using a user-defined symbol is another pro feature that is offered by Bluebeam Revu and makes it a great tool for the overall engineering field.
Read Brij Purohit's full review
Bob Kramer, RCDD, LEED AP | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

Revu can handle all PDF related tasks with ease.

We use Revu in several different ways. First, it's a great tool both in the office and when on job sites to document existing conditions with both markups and photos, which are embedded in the PDF. We use it in the office for redlining progress drawings, as well as reviewing and marking up contractor drawings, submittals, RFIs, and other project-related documents. Using the studio feature, we can collaborate with other members of the design team directly inside Revu. Revu is also used to document ongoing progress site visits. We use the iPad app for the fieldwork, and the desktop application while in the office. Using Revu allows for concise and legible markups, as well as the ability to generate summary reports of markups.

• General PDF viewing: it seems to have the best PDF engine for speed and accuracy.
  • Redlining PDFs: it's simple to use and can create custom stamps easily.
  • REVU for ipad is not as easy to use as the desktop application.
  • The recent change of the user interface when going to the 2018 version was somewhat confusing. We have users on both older and newer versions.

General PDF creation and editing, as well as markup and combining of various PDFs, are great daily use features. We also use stamps quite often when marking up contractor submittals and related documents.

It's a much faster and easier application to use and master than the Adobe products, which seem to be very bloated and slow. I don't have any scenarios where Revu is less appropriate. It's our go-to application for anything using a PDF file format.

Read Bob Kramer, RCDD, LEED AP's full review
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2019

Bluebeam Gets It Done

Currently, we use Bluebeam as a management staff—all project managers, estimators and safety managers. It is particularly implemented in our estimating department to use for takeoffs and minor drafting. PM's use it to complete markups and sketch details. Safety uses it as a powerful PDF editor and form builder. Accounting uses it for electronic signatures and stamp approvals on invoices. Bluebeam solves a lot of needs in many departments, mainly as a drawing and PDF editor tool.
  • Easy surface-level use but can become a deep and powerful tool if you invest in learning all its features.
  • Perfect for editing PDFs, stamping, markups and creating templates.
  • Well equipped for simple or complex take-off methods.
  • Lots of customization for layout and tool ribbons.
  • I would like to see better Excel integration and exporting.
  • Id like to see a web app and cloud version to use on Chrome and also a Chrome preview extension
  • It would be nice to see integration into Microsoft Office
Well suited: viewing and bidding drawings, manipulating pdfs. Less Appropriate: developing Word or written documents.
Read Matthew Smith's full review
Heather MacLean | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2019

Better bang for your buck!

I would say about 90% of the company has upgraded from Adobe to Bluebeam. I have the basic program and there are definitely some pros and cons when in comparison to Adobe.
  • When I have different tabs open, it reverts back to the main or first tab which is helpful when I am moving documents around.
  • There are for sure a ton of more options even on the basic version.
  • Exporting to folders is super easy and separates the documents in order.
  • If you have several tabs open and you try to drag one out for a side by side view then you do not have all the modification options and you have to combine them back together.
  • There is a lag time when hitting the print option.
  • There is also a lag time when opening files, sometimes I think the window is frozen.
  • I wish the basic version also had basic file editing, as in editing a document as Adobe does.
We use Bluebeam for a lot of drawing markups and pay application reviews and approvals/declines. The office also uses the full version to create documents for draws and procedures.
Read Heather MacLean's full review
Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Bluebeam - One stop for PDF collaboration

Bluebeam is being used across our organization to manage and edit PDF documents. Our project teams use it to edit complex payment proposals for projects. Our planning teams use it to mark up blue prints and arrange complex schedules for trades. Our finance team uses tools like stamps to provide vital data on invoices, to combine separate documents into one and to insert digital signatures.
  • It is relatively easy to use - without formal instruction.
  • It easily allows you to grab PDF documents and edit them.
  • It allows you create canned tools, like stamps, so data editing can be standard.
  • Although it is relatively easy to use, the editing tools do not exist in drop down menus. I wish the interface were more similar to other Windows programs.
Bluebeam Revu works well to combine separate PDFs into one document. This is something that would have had to be done at a scanner - Bluebeam Revu allows you to do it easily from your desktop. This is something we cannot easily do through Adobe. However, I do feel that simple annotations like adding text or adding a non-digital signature are easier through Adobe.
Read Jill Liegghio's full review
January 23, 2020

All the bang for the buck

Most of our whole organization uses Bluebeam Revu. Our main use is to review and edit documents such as plans for construction. It offers us much more flexibility and clarity versus other programs that we have used int the past. Additionally, its ease of sharing between users is definitely a plus because we can all be looking at the same documents in a much more timely manner.
  • Ease of use.
  • Speed. It allows the user to access and edit documents much faster.
  • At first it might be intimidating if you have never used it.
  • Sometimes too many options.
Well Suited:
1. For everything we do in our takeoff engineering department.
2. Ease of access to view and edit plans and documents.
3. Ease of sharing between our office and field staff.
4. Inviting to sessions - meaning that we can all teleconference and view the same exact document in real time with each other.
I cannot think of a scenario where it would not be useful in my situation.

Great for scaled markups

We use Bluebeam Revu to add and track comments and markups on architectural drawing sets and other documents. We use Bluebeam Studio / Sessions to review documents with our consultants and clients. We also use Bluebeam drawing tools to create basic diagrams and other illustrations. We don't typically use more advanced features like conditional formatting, or exporting markups.
  • Great fast PDF viewer with better editing tools than Adobe Acrobat.
  • Useful feature set for architects, such as setting drawing scale, distance and area measurement tools.
  • I wish the drawing tools had 'snapping' options.
  • There should be more control over dimming backgrounds and flattening/unflattening markups so you can be sure your recipient is seeing the same thing.
Bluebeam Revu is great for quickly viewing PDFs. Its more advanced features such as collaborative sessions make it our go-to PDF viewer and editor, over Adobe Acrobat. The scale drawing and measurement tools make it a great program for reviewing and commenting on architectural drawings. It is less useful for documents that are primarily text, as the text editing features are somewhat lacking.
January 23, 2020

Great for architects and designers

Bluebeam Revu is used widely throughout our organization. I recommended it to my boss when I started at this job about 6 years ago and we've been using it ever since. My boss loves it and is so happy I introduced it to him. We mostly use the program to "redline" or mark up drawings, either our in house drawings or outside drawings. It has great marking up features that seem much quicker and easier than Acrobat. I also use Bluebeam as my basic PDF reader. I use it to move sheets around, add or remove sheets, and fill out forms.
  • Marking up drawings to communicate quick revisions.
  • Moving around, adding or deleting sheets.
  • Could have even more editing things, more shapes, symbols, etc.
Bluebeam Revu is well suited for quick and simple redlines/markups. It is less appropriate for detailed drawings.
January 14, 2020

reduce risk by automating your QA\QC process

Bluebeam is used across our entire organization for many different functions. Of course, it is used daily to mark up and review plan sets. Our estimators perform take-off Revu. We utilize Studio sessions to collaborate across offices, companies, vendors, and clients. It saves us significant time and risk by allowing all parties to perform QA\QC tasks in one source of truth.
  • It makes estimating take-offs a breeze by allowing for the simple creation of groups and automating counting and take off.
  • Revu is the best tool in the AEC space for marking up plan sets. It is the tool that simulates pen and paper the best.
  • Bluebeam needs to integrate with more systems. The few they have are great, but they need to expand.
  • Revu is lacking in PDF forms. They often do not support newer forms of technology for multiple release cycles.
Any organization that completes work across multiple locations Revu and Studio are the only way to go. With Studio you will save massive amounts of time and reduce risk by having all parties complete qa\qc in the same environment at the same time. You can organize comments by company, discipline etc... You can then track and build a audit trail of the QA\QC process.
December 13, 2019

Great for the price

Bluebeam Revu is a PDF reader and editor tool. It also does measurements and other markups. Right now only a handful of staff has this software and this is on a specifically needed basis. This is a great software to use as it is designed specifically for the architecture, engineering, and construction industries.
  • Customizing tools and interface.
  • Measuring and markups.
  • High price tag.
  • Updates should be easier.
Bluebeam Revu is very well suited to the building industries. I get requests for this software all the time for its ability to take accurate measurements and easily markup PDFs. The interface is easy to use and has a nice dark theme for those who like that. This is a very decent product that performs well.

Making Markups Easy

It is utilized to put together presentation pdfs for clients, meetings, etc. We also use it to aid in space planning and laying out schematic floor plans at the block level.
  • Marking up PDFs with preloaded stamps.
  • Easy to use line/rectangle tools.
  • Can't select pixels by color.
  • Hard to find bookmark tool.
Bluebeam is a good in-between of Adobe and Photoshop. If you're not looking to do photo editing, but need more capabilities than just line work, Bluebeam is perfect.
Trevor Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2019

Bluebeam leaves Adobe in the dust!

We use Bluebeam as an alternative to an Adobe product. Our joint venture company was using it and had noted the simplicity of marking up documents. We bought the program and most people use it as their default program to modify/edit documents. In addition to modifying documents, it allows you to almost create a document with all of the tools at its disposal.
  • Adding text
  • Marking up a document
  • Doing take-offs for estimating purposes
  • It launches slowly (which is why I personally don't have it as my default launcher for PDFs that I view only).
Best suited for generating quantities and doing take-offs. I use it regularly to quantify items on a drawing that I couldn't do with an Adobe program. I love the feature of saving the info so that you know if it was an area, perimeter, or simply a quantity take-off performed. A negative is that it takes a bit longer to load a PDF. This is the reason I have to default to Adobe, but manually open Bluebeam when I want to edit a file.
Read Trevor Smith's full review
CHE CHAVEZ | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2019

Bluebeam rocks

We have used project as document control for projects and used studio for collaboration and submittal review. I also use the markup tools almost daily. Colorado state university has adopted our processes for document control for all their construction projects.
  • Dimensioning scaled PDF documents is one of the things I use the most. I can get an accurate measurement where one has not been provided
  • Editing PDF documents- there are documents that are automatically created through systems software that may need to be edited to me to the specific needs of a particular project. With Bluebeam, you could do this with ease.
  • Document control is a major strength of Bluebeam. I have used Bluebeam on a project that had over 18,000 drawings. We also used the link feature to hyperlink each page that had a fallout.
  • The iPad is where Bluebeam has the most room to improve upon. I have used Bluebeam to record punch list as it is easy to create punch items but is not as simple to update the punch list status.
  • Creating reports is also not a strength of Bluebeam. You cannot create a report to tell you what items are linked to each other.
  • Storage, editing, and navigation are strengths of Bluebeam. But tracking document status is not a strength of Bluebeam.
Blue beam is well suited for the navigation, storage, and editing of documents. It is not as well suited for tracking the status of those documents.
Read CHE CHAVEZ's full review
Michael Savala | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 07, 2019

Revu is Essential for my use and plays nice with other software.

Bluebeam is being used by parts of my organization. Certain users prefer to use Adobe Acrobat, but I think Bluebeam is much easier at manipulating sheets. It enables me to mark-up drawings from the architect, stamp invoices with my approval, and prepare documents for submitting. It's a fast way of drawing on top of PDFs, editing PDFs when necessary, and including relevant information before submitting to other parties (in our case, that is usually subcontractors).
  • Draw on PDFs. No other software I've ever used is better at this, and I've used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat. Revu molds together the best features in CAD (powerful drawing capabilities, point snap abilities, extreme accuracy) with a great PDF viewer. Very much worth it.
  • Mark up / annotate PDFs. Typing on Revu is very easy via the text box tool or the typewriter tool. You can choose from a variety of fonts, opaque or transparent backgrounds, any color--the possibilities are endless.
  • Combining and rearranging PDFs. You can easily move pages around, combine separate files, and flatten files.
  • A feature I would add -- a command line. The shortcuts are good, and in the latest version of Revu you can create your own which makes things easier. But I have used CAD and I find the command line much faster than dropdown menus.
  • Something that could be better -- PDF compression. Revu files, when marked-up, can be massive, and there's not a clear enough way to shrink the file down by reducing clarity, etc. I understand this is a vector program--not rasterized--and vectors can be far more complex, especially with patterns and such. But compression would be nice.
  • Features I'd like--enhanced vector abilities. Feathering lines, precise arc drawing, etc. Similar to Illustrator.
Revu is very good for marking up already created PDFs, such as annotating architectural drawings, marking-up invoices, etc. for approval or denial, creating documents from a variety of file times, such as tables, photos, and text into one comprehensive file. Something it is less appropriate for is content creation; while it can combine architectural drawings, photos, tables, and text very well, it's not great for creating content on its own. I.e., its drawing capabilities aren't as robust as AutoCAD or Rhino, jpegs are not native to Revu, it can't produce spreadsheets or tables at all, and word processing abilities are lacking compared to Microsoft Word or the like.
Read Michael Savala's full review
July 13, 2019

Bluebeam, how construction uses PDFs

We use Bluebeam every day. It started off as being used in our BIM department, but quickly was adopted by our PMs who also do their own estimating. Bluebeam allows us to scale drawings, make accurate markups, sign documents digitally, overlay drawings to compare changes, share files with our field workers via Bluebeam studio, do takeoffs, and a host of other things that I am sure that I am forgetting.
  • Scaling drawings to get accurate measurements from drawings.
  • Cloud sharing via Bluebeam Studio.
  • The markup tools.
  • Bookmarking pages to make pages easier to find.
  • Creating hyperlinks within a document.
  • Comparing document changers with their compare tool.
  • I would like to see Bluebeam Studio be able to see document change dates for files that are not PDFs.
  • Every now and then the program gets a little glitchy.
Anyone in construction that needs to look at drawings would benefit from Bluebeam. If you are not in construction it may be a little overkill for what most people need from a PDF program, but there are a ton of tools that are still very handy, regardless of what industry you are in.
June 05, 2019

Powerful tool for A-E-C industry

Bluebeam Revu is used by certain individuals who need the additional CAD drawing/review components offered by Bluebeam. It is more powerful and streamlined than the traditional Adobe PDF products and geared towards the A-E-C industry.
  • Markups
  • Takeoffs
  • Drawing comparisons
  • Rendering speed is a bit slow at times
  • View and scrolling preferences (e.g. full page vs. scrolling view vs. zoom w/ scroll wheel) could be executed better
  • Multi-document or side by side viewing
  • Cost
well suited if in the Architect, Engineering, Construction (A-E-C) world. I would not recommend it if you only use it for text document review.
Tim Corbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2019

Bluebeam Revu: A nice interface and a powerful PDF handler

We use Revu across all departments, in all of our offices. We needed a PDF handler that allows ease in modifying/signing documents. While it is possible to simply use a generic PDF viewer to access documents, they don't provide any additional functions beyond just viewing/printing. Revu lets us create fillable forms, sign documents, add or subtract pages from a document, etc.
  • Once you set Bluebeam Revu as your default PDF handler, it launches immediately when clicking a PDF to open. The speed with which it opens documents is impressive.
  • Creating PDF's out of other documents, such as Word, Excel, JPG's, etc. is simple.
  • Digitally signing documents is a simple, secure process. You can keep your signature password-protected, yet still access it quickly.
  • The Bluebeam Revu mobile application ( I use the iOS version on an iPad Pro), is awesome. Not only does it handle PDF's like you would expect it to, it allows for effortless digital signing of documents on the fly. Nice to be able to quickly sign a document and email right back out from the tablet no matter where I am.
  • The textbox and the typewriter tools, while functional, could be easier to use. It can be fiddly to get the typewriter insert where you need it, sometimes it doesn't want to move just a little (it can be a tiny bit or a big move). This can make it tough to get an "x" to line up with a box on a form. The textbox tool allows for plenty of customization, but can still be cumbersome when the form lines are small.
  • On some documents it is necessary to "flatten" the document, or it comes across via email too large or with extraneous information. The process of flattening them seems a bit too laborious. Perhaps there is a default setting to make it do so automatically, but I haven't been able to locate it.
  • The "create stamp" process has a lot of steps and could be macro automated to speed things up. It is so time-consuming that we only have one or two people that have fully figured it out, and they are tasked with creating new stamps for everyone.
As stated before, the mobile application is a great companion to the desktop version. Either one works great in viewing, editing and saving documents. While the measurement tool is handy to have, we have found the precision to be lacking when measuring scaled drawings (construction design drawings). While it is a good rough place to start for measurements, we wouldn't recommend relying on the precision of the measurements taken on something with a very large scale.
Read Tim Corbett's full review
Nick Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2019

Bluebeam: Best PDF Document Management tool.

Our company has fully adopted Bluebeam as our document management systems (DMS) for all construction document related files used on the job site and in the home office. We particularly utilize the Studio Project feature, to allow file access with various permission levels for different user types. It is a great way to always have the latest set of drawings.
  • Drawing markup. There are multiple ways to markup files from revision clouds, hyperlink tools, various shapes, and lines. All of these markups can also be counted and sorted for estimating takeoff style markups.
  • Compiling and organizing. Bluebeam Revu also is a PDF authoring tool. You can create and export PDFs from anywhere there is a 'print' feature, or even convert filetypes directly to PDF. Multiple different PDFs can easily be combined, split apart, or rearranged.
  • File distribution. The Studio Project and Studio Session feature allow for teams to have a cloud storage resource to share files with various permission and viewing abilities.
  • It really is a great product and there really isn't a con that I can think of. Sometimes very large files struggle to refresh on a screen, but that is to be expected.
Bluebeam is an excellent choice for anyone in the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry. The mobile app is a lightweight tool to allow remote drawing viewing when in the field or on the job site, so the user doesn't have to continually return to the job trailer and print a drawing or view on a computer there.
Read Nick Tanner's full review
Mike McKeown | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2019

Bluebeam Revu, don't be afraid it's a great program

Bluebeam Revu is being used by our company in many ways. At first, only a few people had Bluebeam Revu and the rest were using Adobe. We then switched the entire company to Bluebeam Revu once we realized the benefits of the Program. Now all employees have it and we can seamlessly work together on the same file.
  • The ability of Bluebeam Revu to combine files saves time.
  • The ability for Bluebeam Revu to create an OCR file and then search for words saves a large amount of time searching.
  • Marking up a drawing to serve us in the construction industry makes it quick and easy to understand.
  • When you do a task the toolbar goes to another item and it's frustrating and adds time.
  • There is limited training and the help items could be better.
  • There are different versions so when you use the software on different computers there are different tasks available.

Bluebeam Revu is good at finding specific items in a large spec book. The OCR feature is a huge time savings when searching a 1,000-page document looking for one or two specific words. We also will markup drawings to show certain construction activities in a certain sequence. Bluebeam Revu allows us to markup the drawing easily and then send them out to many people.

Read Mike McKeown's full review
M.A ADIL ANSARI | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2019

TIME SAVER!

I'm a quantity surveyor and I used to do takeoff quantities using AutoCAD. I used AutoCAD for almost two years and I realized it was time for a change. I've used different software such as Planswiftm AutoCAD, Quantity Takeoff, Bluebeam Revu, etc. After giving them all a try, I decided to go with Bluebeam Revu. I suggested that my manager purchase Bluebeam Revu. It is very easy to use with no complications. You can do takeoff quantities of each item by assigning a name under the subject. I've been using Bluebeam Revu for the past year and would past recommend Bluebeam Revu to everyone.
  • Easy to use. No need to convert files. You can work on a PDF file directly.
  • You can directly export the quantity to MS Excel.
  • You can write comments in the drawings.
  • I want a Keyboard shortcut to reuse the previous command as I use the same few commands repeatedly. I didn't find any shortcuts online. In AutoCAD, by pressing enter or space bar you are allowed to use the previous command.
Bluebeam Revu is most suitable for those who deal with take-off related works such as construction projects where quantities are taken from drawings for estimation. Users can also create bookmarks and PDF files using Bluebeam. There is a provision for creating custom markups in the tool chest and project files can be uploaded to the cloud.
Read M.A ADIL ANSARI's full review
Jake Karl | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2019

Bluebeam makes documents easy

Our company uses Bluebeam extensively. We use it to manage all of our PDF sets of construction documents, sketches, submittals, etc. We are able to link Bluebeam with the design programs we use to print all of our PDFs.

Bluebeam also has good markup tools allowing you to markup drawings or sketches to send back and forth with clients in order to easily convey what we're trying to depict, without having to print new documents.
  • Applying stamps or any other markup to multiple pages in a document set is very easy.
  • Having the ability to "flatten" all markups in a document so the user who you're sending the document to can't edit what you've added is very helpful.
  • Bluebeam does a good job of providing add-ins to the popular design tools.
  • Working with many pieces of small text can be tedious.
  • Creating and using spaces can be confusing at times.
  • There should be more generic markup options in the tool bin.
If you deal with any amount of PDFs on a daily basis, Bluebeam is the software you should use to manage them. It gives many options for viewing multiple pages at once (side-by-side, horizontal, vertical, etc.), marking up documents with quick text, and easy access to creating new PDFs when needed.
Read Jake Karl's full review
Christian Maxwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2019

Markup Majesty - Bluebeam Rules

Bluebeam is used across the our whole company most particularly though it is used by the project management teams. Bluebeam is our go-to PDF viewer and editor and it is used for RFIs and submittals as well as contract viewing and marking up. I have never used a PDF viewer and editor that does as much as Bluebeam or does what it does half as well.
  • Clear and easy viewing of project plans.
  • In depth and extremely detailed mark up tools and sketching tools.
  • Excellent help and support services.
  • The sketch to scale tools are minimal and could be expanded.
  • The group editing and selection is not the easiest to use.
  • I think drawing tools could be improved in placing and editing line dimensions.
I think that Bluebeam is best suited to the scenarios where documents need to be reviewed, marked up or edited. The capacity of things that Bluebeam can do in these situations is vast. Bluebeam is not as well suited to quickly or super accurately drawing and creating sketches. It can be used in this capacity but it definitely is not the program's strength.
Read Christian Maxwell's full review
Michael Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2019

Great tool for Field Superintendents

Our organization uses Bluebeam mainly for PDF manipulation such as detail markups for RFI’s, creation of phasing plans, invoice billing, and change orders. We have also found a large use in the creation of illustrations for presentations to new clients. We use it company-wide, and it has filled a need which we previously required multiple programs to fill, such as document conversion to PDF, adding text, and then combining with other documents.
  • I like that Bluebeam is able to convert JPG files and word documents to PDF.
  • I love that Bluebeam helps with my take-offs on jobs using the integrated measuring tools.
  • I love that Bluebeam allows me to modify text on existing documents to be used in new presentations or RFI’s.
  • I would like if Bluebeam was able to convert a wider range of files to PDF format.
  • I would like if Bluebeam was able to be used cross-platform with documents on multiple devices.
I think in a construction company Bluebeam is well suited for use. Estimating and business development would find it highly useful. In somewhere more graphics oriented I feel there are other more appropriate programs.
Read Michael Carter's full review
Aaron Graves | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2019

Best in Class

Bluebeam is the go-to software for all pdf viewing and markup. It is currently the main platform for housing drawings both in Pre-Con and in the field. Using the Studio feature, we can share drawings within the team, collaborate via markup with the design team and subcontractors as well as ensure that everyone has the latest drawing revisions.
  • Revision control
  • PDF viewing
  • PDF editing
  • Markup
  • Comment sharing
  • Takeoff - the features work for a single goal but for multiple items, it is difficult to organize.
It's hard to think of a situation where Bluebeam isn't advised. A large number of features allow you to consistently keep organized and deliver high-quality products. Any company looking to streamline field operations and enable their staff to markup PDFs quickly and professionally should make the shift to Bluebeam. All of their features such as stamping, OCR, hyperlinking, batching are things that I use on a daily basis even in Pre-Con and they save dozens of manhours.
Read Aaron Graves's full review
Leticia Waller | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Bluebeam Revu is an awesome tool for professionals in many fields.

I absolutely love Bluebeam. I generally have to use this program to go through drawings and edit them. I use this software to review and edit drawings that our engineers do. I red-line them and make sure that dimensions match up. It is a wonderful program and very wonderful to use.
  • Great tools in Bluebeam to edit documents.
  • I love that this software has the ability to flatten sheets!
  • I think this software is wonderful for anyone who is in construction looking at plans.
  • I think it would be better if the take off portion was better.
  • I think it would be better if there were other editing tools.
  • I would like to see the opening of two sheets look a little cleaner. It is really awkward.
I love using Bluebeam in the construction industry. I have used it to review plans, edit plans and of course I use it for take offs and flattening pages that I have edited. I am able to put a signature on something, which is really easy to use. Everything about Bluebeam is awesome.
Read Leticia Waller's full review

Plan distribution & viewing (47)
9.2
Plan markups & sharing (49)
9.6
Issue tracking & punchlists (29)
Photo documentation (32)
Jobsite reports (27)
Document sharing (43)
RFI tools (31)
Collaboration & approvals (38)
As-built drawings (41)
Mobile app (26)
Submittal design and management (17)
Takeoff tools (25)
Job costing (6)
Cost databases (2)
Cost calculator (3)
9.6
Bid creation (7)

About Bluebeam Revu

For those who design, engineer, bid and build our world, Bluebeam Revu is how professionals get more done. Since 2002, Bluebeam has made smart and simple desktop, mobile and cloud-based solutions that utilize the construction documents themselves to share metadata, hyperlinks, bookmarks, images, attachments and 3D data downstream. More than 1.3 million AEC professionals worldwide trust Revu to elevate project efficiency and collaboration, streamlining critical processes to get more done in less time.