Reviews (1-25 of 49)
- Adding text
- Marking up a document
- Doing take-offs for estimating purposes
- Dimensioning scaled PDF documents is one of the things I use the most. I can get an accurate measurement where one has not been provided
- Editing PDF documents- there are documents that are automatically created through systems software that may need to be edited to me to the specific needs of a particular project. With Bluebeam, you could do this with ease.
- Document control is a major strength of Bluebeam. I have used Bluebeam on a project that had over 18,000 drawings. We also used the link feature to hyperlink each page that had a fallout.
- Draw on PDFs. No other software I've ever used is better at this, and I've used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat. Revu molds together the best features in CAD (powerful drawing capabilities, point snap abilities, extreme accuracy) with a great PDF viewer. Very much worth it.
- Mark up / annotate PDFs. Typing on Revu is very easy via the text box tool or the typewriter tool. You can choose from a variety of fonts, opaque or transparent backgrounds, any color--the possibilities are endless.
- Combining and rearranging PDFs. You can easily move pages around, combine separate files, and flatten files.
- Scaling drawings to get accurate measurements from drawings.
- Cloud sharing via Bluebeam Studio.
- The markup tools.
- Bookmarking pages to make pages easier to find.
- Creating hyperlinks within a document.
- Comparing document changers with their compare tool.
- Drawing comparisons
- Once you set Bluebeam Revu as your default PDF handler, it launches immediately when clicking a PDF to open. The speed with which it opens documents is impressive.
- Creating PDF's out of other documents, such as Word, Excel, JPG's, etc. is simple.
- Digitally signing documents is a simple, secure process. You can keep your signature password-protected, yet still access it quickly.
- The Bluebeam Revu mobile application ( I use the iOS version on an iPad Pro), is awesome. Not only does it handle PDF's like you would expect it to, it allows for effortless digital signing of documents on the fly. Nice to be able to quickly sign a document and email right back out from the tablet no matter where I am.
- Drawing markup. There are multiple ways to markup files from revision clouds, hyperlink tools, various shapes, and lines. All of these markups can also be counted and sorted for estimating takeoff style markups.
- Compiling and organizing. Bluebeam Revu also is a PDF authoring tool. You can create and export PDFs from anywhere there is a 'print' feature, or even convert filetypes directly to PDF. Multiple different PDFs can easily be combined, split apart, or rearranged.
- File distribution. The Studio Project and Studio Session feature allow for teams to have a cloud storage resource to share files with various permission and viewing abilities.
- The ability of Bluebeam Revu to combine files saves time.
- The ability for Bluebeam Revu to create an OCR file and then search for words saves a large amount of time searching.
- Marking up a drawing to serve us in the construction industry makes it quick and easy to understand.
Bluebeam Revu is good at finding specific items in a large spec book. The OCR feature is a huge time savings when searching a 1,000-page document looking for one or two specific words. We also will markup drawings to show certain construction activities in a certain sequence. Bluebeam Revu allows us to markup the drawing easily and then send them out to many people.
- Easy to use. No need to convert files. You can work on a PDF file directly.
- You can directly export the quantity to MS Excel.
- You can write comments in the drawings.
Bluebeam also has good markup tools allowing you to markup drawings or sketches to send back and forth with clients in order to easily convey what we're trying to depict, without having to print new documents.
- Applying stamps or any other markup to multiple pages in a document set is very easy.
- Having the ability to "flatten" all markups in a document so the user who you're sending the document to can't edit what you've added is very helpful.
- Bluebeam does a good job of providing add-ins to the popular design tools.
- Clear and easy viewing of project plans.
- In depth and extremely detailed mark up tools and sketching tools.
- Excellent help and support services.
- I like that Bluebeam is able to convert JPG files and word documents to PDF.
- I love that Bluebeam helps with my take-offs on jobs using the integrated measuring tools.
- I love that Bluebeam allows me to modify text on existing documents to be used in new presentations or RFI’s.
- Revision control
- PDF viewing
- PDF editing
- Comment sharing
- Great tools in Bluebeam to edit documents.
- I love that this software has the ability to flatten sheets!
- I think this software is wonderful for anyone who is in construction looking at plans.
- Ease of use
- Wide range of tools
- Clean and clear results
- It is excellent for compiling, organizing, reviewing, and marking up documents.
- For large documents, the bookmarking tab, hyperlinks, and highlights make it easy to quickly navigate large documents.
- There are many different functions such as takeoff, document creation, markups, etc.
- It is easy to share .pdf files with others.
- It is cheaper than alternative takeoff software.
- The drawing editing tools are more advanced than those of similar products.
- Batch tools make processes like plotting, file rotation, or reduction of file size save countless hours.
- Being able to calibrate PDFs to a scale allows me to quickly show missing dimensions in the field without opening a model editing it printing it and sending out the file.
I haven't found a scenario where Bluebeam is less appropriate than similar products.
- Editing PDFs and creating templates for standardized forms such as change orders, RFIs, etc. is very useful.
- Marking up PDFs for submittals and requests for information allows for more detailed questions to get detailed answers.
- Assembling documents for contracts.
- Combining / Stapling PDFs.
- Having multiple screens open at once - works just like a browser tab.
- Marks up drawings
- Shares documents with others
- Tracks changes
- Bluebeam Revu has the ability to read plans and help with my takeoffs. If you are looking for something specific, the search function can look for either words or symbols which is very helpful.
- There are several shortcuts using the keyboard that save time by not having to point and click.
- The ability to customize the toolboxes for easier access to features.
- It allows you to overlay drawings.
- Combine, split, extract, reorder, markup, flatten, scale, compare and distribute PDFs - Pretty much anything you want to do with a PDF can be done in this software. The key aspect here is the user friendliness of the document controls. No training is needed to get started with the basics.
- Toolchests for all general scopes of work. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sitework, structural, and architectural symbols are just some of the many available toolchests that markup a drawing for quick and easy takeoffs from design drawings.
- Document management with slip sheeting. Easily add new PDFs into the current contract documents in the correct locations while ensure the outdated documents are logged for future reference if needed.
- It is a powerful tool for simple take-offs.
- Great for graphical presentation.
- Works well with collaboration to review documents.
Bluebeam struggles with creating drafting and creating drawings.
- Recent and recall of PDFs that you had open so you can easily flip back in forth between files all within the same window.
- Instant access to a list of tools and setting of the defaults.
- Hyperlink the drawings quickly
- Name each page in a set of drawings based on the drawing name. This can VERY quickly
- Collaborate with other people working on the same project, especially when people are in different offices
- Marking up PDFs
Bluebeam Revu Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Bluebeam Revu
Bluebeam Revu Screenshots
Bluebeam Revu Competitors
Bluebeam Revu Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|
|Supported Countries:||USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden|
|Supported Languages:||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Japanese, Korean|