Bluebeam Revu is an awesome tool for professionals in many fields.I absolutely love Bluebeam. I generally have to use this program to go through drawings and edit them. I use this software to review and edit drawings that our engineers do. I red-line them and make sure that dimensions match up. It is a wonderful program and very wonderful to use.,Great tools in Bluebeam to edit documents. I love that this software has the ability to flatten sheets! I think this software is wonderful for anyone who is in construction looking at plans.,I think it would be better if the take off portion was better. I think it would be better if there were other editing tools. I would like to see the opening of two sheets look a little cleaner. It is really awkward.,10,The impact has been great. Allows me to use less time doing a task meaning I can do other tasks. I think the impact has been great because I am able to help my staff learn what they are doing wrong in drawing their plans. I think the impact is a little negative because of the fact that the take off tools aren't very great.,,Adobe Acrobat DCDrawing Storage & Mobile Solution ReviewWe use Bluebeam Revu for plan take offs, quantity and production tracking daily with our Project Engineers. Our field team members have the app on their iPads to also use to view plans. I personally use Bluebeam Revu daily for contract reviews, document markups, presentations and a variety of other day to day document functions.,Markups. Combining / Stapling PDFs. Having multiple screens open at once - works just like a browser tab.,The fly out menus are a little complicated for some users, as I get questions about where to find things that should seem simple (i.e. changing fill or text color). I'd like to see it integrate with the HCSS programs.,10,While more costly this program has allowed uniformity in many internal process, so we are speaking the same "program" functions and can easily assist and teach one another. Less time is spent trying to learn the program therefore it has increased productivity.,Adobe Acrobat DC, AutoCAD, PlanGrid and Procore,Procore, Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate, PlanGridBluebeam PowerIt's being used across the entire organization (at least in my district here in Southern California). It is a great tool to view construction PDF drawings and to easily mark up drawings and other documents. It also has some very powerful tools in the Bluebeam Studio where a group of people can work in the same document simultaneously and see real time mark ups.,Hyperlink the drawings quickly Name each page in a set of drawings based on the drawing name. This can VERY quickly Collaborate with other people working on the same project, especially when people are in different offices Marking up PDFs,The takeoff function needs some work. It's main competitor (OST) is a much easier and user-friendly tool for doing large, detailed takeoff.,10,A major positive aspect is being able to take your computer home without taking the entire set of paper drawings. They have made it so easy to navigate a set of drawings that I can work at home using only the digital drawings. Collaboration with owners and architects has been a great feature. Setting up a Bluebeam studio and having everyone get in and mark things up, then having the architect be able to go in and see what markups have been added, has made the constructability review process much much better. Even when not working on drawings, Bluebeam is a very good tool for working with standard PDF documents. The markup tools are very easy to use. The negative aspect is the takeoff function because some people would like estimators to use the Bluebeam takeoff because it would make their job easier down the road; however, the actual act of doing a full scale takeoff in Bluebeam would require much more time.,Adobe Acrobat DC,RevitConstruction Project Engineer's Review of Bluebeam RevuBluebeam is used for a variety of tasks across the entire company. It is a critical piece of our software that is used daily by the majority of the office staff whether assigned to a project or overseeing operations across the entire operating group. It is by far the most useful tool for the field support staff hands down. Bluebeam offers a huge array of tools that enhance communication between the owner, architect, and contractor which minimizes construction errors in the field.,Combine, split, extract, reorder, markup, flatten, scale, compare and distribute PDFs - Pretty much anything you want to do with a PDF can be done in this software. The key aspect here is the user friendliness of the document controls. No training is needed to get started with the basics. Toolchests for all general scopes of work. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sitework, structural, and architectural symbols are just some of the many available toolchests that markup a drawing for quick and easy takeoffs from design drawings. Document management with slip sheeting. Easily add new PDFs into the current contract documents in the correct locations while ensure the outdated documents are logged for future reference if needed.,RFI's and submittals tools are OK if your company uses them but there are better systems out there. There are quite a few steps involved in sending an RFI through Bluebeam that are unnecessary with other programs.,10,Since I am only a user of the software, I can't comment on any specific ROI data... but I can say without a doubt that the usability of this software far exceeds any of the competitors. Your users will thank you!,Adobe Acrobat DC,AutoCAD, Procore, Primavera Unifier, Microsoft Project, PlanGridBluebeam the Great!As a construction firm, we have implemented the use of Bluebeam over the past 8 years. We only use Bluebeam for our PDF document markups. It is very easy to use and it has so many construction geared tools. It has helped us as a company to push into the paperless way of doing business. For the cost of Bluebeam we have saved 10 fold in not printing documents. We have now got in the habit of printing to PDF and saving instead of printing and filing it away. Bluebeam rocks!!,When reviewing drawings, the markup tools are very easy to use. It is a snap to markup a document then forward on to another party. The way the snapshot tool helps take information from one document and paste it into another helps us to be more efficient. Being able to add photos to a drawing is great for project reviews. Our guys will walk the site and take photos and then in Bluebeam select all the photos and add them to a drawing by just click and dragging the photos adding them for an owner to see. This really helps to give a person the to see where and what they are looking at.,While creating forms it would be nice if when you copy a form field all the properties transfer when you paste them.,10,It has helped our firm to save thousands of $. We are printing less and less paper. We print everything to PDF and save it.,,Sage 300 ERP, Procore, Smartsheet
Bluebeam Revu

Bluebeam Revu Reviews

Bluebeam Revu
Top Rated Award
Filter 138 vetted Bluebeam Revu reviews and ratings
Leticia Waller profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Bluebeam Revu is an awesome tool for professionals in many fields."

• Great tools in Bluebeam to edit documents.
  • I love that this software has the ability to flatten sheets!
  • I think this software is wonderful for anyone who is in construction looking at plans.
  • I think it would be better if the take off portion was better.
  • I think it would be better if there were other editing tools.
  • I would like to see the opening of two sheets look a little cleaner. It is really awkward.
I love using Bluebeam in the construction industry. I have used it to review plans, edit plans and of course I use it for take offs and flattening pages that I have edited. I am able to put a signature on something, which is really easy to use. Everything about Bluebeam is awesome.
Read Leticia Waller's full review
December 06, 2018

Bluebeam Revu: "Drawing Storage & Mobile Solution Review"

• Markups.
  • Combining / Stapling PDFs.
  • Having multiple screens open at once - works just like a browser tab.
  • The fly out menus are a little complicated for some users, as I get questions about where to find things that should seem simple (i.e. changing fill or text color).
  • I'd like to see it integrate with the HCSS programs.
For all our PDF needs Bluebeam works for our entire company. From day to day PDF viewing, complicated contract markup and review, plan take-off and viewing; it really works for all of it. After a month or so of using the product I personally got used to it faster than I ever did other comparable PDF programs.
Charlie Jewkes profile photo
September 14, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam Power"

• Hyperlink the drawings quickly
  • Name each page in a set of drawings based on the drawing name. This can VERY quickly
  • Collaborate with other people working on the same project, especially when people are in different offices
  • Marking up PDFs
  • The takeoff function needs some work. It's main competitor (OST) is a much easier and user-friendly tool for doing large, detailed takeoff.
Bluebeam is a great tool to organize your drawings. They have made it extremely easy to rename drawings and bookmark drawings. The hyperlink feature is also a great tool. Bluebeam has essentially made it possible (and effective) to use only digital drawings. You could argue that with Bluebeam, you never need to order a set of drawings again. They have made it so easy to navigate a set of drawings using both the hyperlinks and bookmarks.
Read Charlie Jewkes's full review
Tony Grasso profile photo
November 07, 2017

"Construction Project Engineer's Review of Bluebeam Revu"

• Combine, split, extract, reorder, markup, flatten, scale, compare and distribute PDFs - Pretty much anything you want to do with a PDF can be done in this software. The key aspect here is the user friendliness of the document controls. No training is needed to get started with the basics.
  • Toolchests for all general scopes of work. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sitework, structural, and architectural symbols are just some of the many available toolchests that markup a drawing for quick and easy takeoffs from design drawings.
  • Document management with slip sheeting. Easily add new PDFs into the current contract documents in the correct locations while ensure the outdated documents are logged for future reference if needed.
  • RFI's and submittals tools are OK if your company uses them but there are better systems out there. There are quite a few steps involved in sending an RFI through Bluebeam that are unnecessary with other programs.
Bluebeam Revu excels at manipulating PDFs (which conveniently is used by nearly all of the construction industry). Specifically, I utilize these tools to develop visual references when submitting materials for engineering review (submittals) or asking questions of the design team (RFI's). Additionally, exporting CAD files to PDF format allows them to be opened in Bluebeam where all of the CAD layers are imported as well (much easier to manipulate layers in Bluebeam than CAD). My company utilizes a document management software that handles RFI's, submittals, daily reports, and drawing sets which is specifically designed for that use. Bluebeam isn't an effective substitute for our document management software because Bluebeam wasn't designed specifically for that purpose and still needs some work in that area.
Read Tony Grasso's full review
Justin Barnhart profile photo
August 30, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam the Great!"

• When reviewing drawings, the markup tools are very easy to use. It is a snap to markup a document then forward on to another party.
  • The way the snapshot tool helps take information from one document and paste it into another helps us to be more efficient.
  • Being able to add photos to a drawing is great for project reviews. Our guys will walk the site and take photos and then in Bluebeam select all the photos and add them to a drawing by just click and dragging the photos adding them for an owner to see. This really helps to give a person the to see where and what they are looking at.
  • While creating forms it would be nice if when you copy a form field all the properties transfer when you paste them.
It is very good for 2D drawings and details. They could work on adding or updating the 3D viewer to be a little more friendly. It is not bad but not great.
Read Justin Barnhart's full review
Shawn Cormier profile photo
August 25, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam is a green light in ease of use"

Our entire organization now uses Bluebeam. The product does a lot more than Adobe and is much easier to use. It is used to update PDF documents for construction submittals, compare documents, drawing revisions, hyperlinking, and many other [things]. Some teams use the image recognition for estimating and drawing a comparison for takeoff a when changes are issued.
  • Drawing hyperliking to actual drawing callout areas.
  • Stamping for submittal review.
  • Marking up PDF documents and updating text.
  • Connecting to sharepoint sites.
  • Connecting with Procore for ease of opening PDF files.
  • Integration of photos on top of other documents.
  • I always have confusion how to get out of presentation mode back to normal mode.
  • Better JavaScript creation for stamping.
  • The online instructions are good but would like more advanced instructions.
Bluebeam is well suited as a corporate platform. There are many advantages to dashboard creation, hyperlinking in PDF, and using the Studio environment for collaboration. I haven't used Studio myself but other members state that working with an architect or other team members provides a great platform for collaboration.
Read Shawn Cormier's full review
Christian Maxwell profile photo
August 04, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Markup Majesty - Bluebeam Rules"

Bluebeam is used across the our whole company most particularly though it is used by the project management teams. Bluebeam is our go-to PDF viewer and editor and it is used for RFIs and submittals as well as contract viewing and marking up. I have never used a PDF viewer and editor that does as much as Bluebeam or does what it does half as well.
  • Clear and easy viewing of project plans.
  • In depth and extremely detailed mark up tools and sketching tools.
  • Excellent help and support services.
  • The sketch to scale tools are minimal and could be expanded.
  • The group editing and selection is not the easiest to use.
  • I think drawing tools could be improved in placing and editing line dimensions.
I think that Bluebeam is best suited to the scenarios where documents need to be reviewed, marked up or edited. The capacity of things that Bluebeam can do in these situations is vast. Bluebeam is not as well suited to quickly or super accurately drawing and creating sketches. It can be used in this capacity but it definitely is not the program's strength.
Read Christian Maxwell's full review
Angelique Hamm profile photo
August 01, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam won't leave you Blue!"

[Bluebeam Revu is used] Across entire company for the most part. Accounting typically utilizes it only for pdf creation or combining.
Precon Dept: All of our TakeOffs, VE areas or items, Plan Reviews & Markups, Budget Items, Plan Viewing, Loading into PlanGrid.
New Construction: Our field teams use Bluebeam for the majority of their Submittals, RFI's, any takeoffs needed.
  • The Measuring Tool Set is invaluable for takeoffs. The ability to create specific tools you use most often or assign tools to specific trades, disciplines or specific plan sheets is super helpful.
  • I use the Summary view a lot. Assigning different colors to areas, materials, etc. during a takeoff is great, but the summary export to Excel is awesome for our budgets.
  • I've just recently learned how to apply specific formulas to columns or items - so Bluebeam automatically calcs out costs per area or sf etc! And this info comes through in the Summary tab for export!
  • Like Adobe X or Adobe Pro - the ability to create, combine or edit multiple pdfs is super handy. Bookmarking is so simple.
  • Additional explanation on snap to grid [and] snap to content.
Estimating -
DEFINITELY WELL SUITED

Contracts or Docs w/ Custom Watermarks or E Signature capability -
DEFINITELY WELL SUITED

Accounting Functions (AP, AR) -
I don't see where Bluebeam would be particularly resourceful more than another program.
Read Angelique Hamm's full review
Zachary Hill profile photo
July 19, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam - The future of Document Management, Mark-Ups, and Sharing"

It is being used by the entire organization and it addresses the business problem of communicating issues using visual aids.
  • Marking up PDFs
  • PDF file manipulation (combining, extracting, etc.)
  • Transfer of information through Bluebeam Studio
  • Allow for the less feature-full versions to make PDFs searchable
  • Easier color processing for documents
  • Better means of allowing users without premium access to use some of the more rudimentary features
It is great for creating RFIs or submittals in the construction management world. Marking up drawings or documents to convey specifically to a general contractor, architect, engineer, or owner is made very simple by the ease-of-use Bluebeam provides as well as the flattening feature so as not to provide too much information.
Read Zachary Hill's full review
Matthew Warren profile photo

"Bluebeam Revu Review"

Bluebeam Revu has allowed us to standardize on a digital format for our drawings and specs. The cost of the software has allowed us to easily implement the program throughout the entire company addressing multiple situations. We use the markup tools on our drawings and specs to expedite our design process. The markup tools along with the close ties the program has to Revit allows us to build a punch list from a site visit instantly. The stamping tool allows us to certify our documents for bid along with reviewing and commenting on submittals from contractors.
  • Being able to batch stamp a set of documents. A 200 page set of drawings can be stamped in seconds instead of hours, while still having control of the stamp.
  • Being able to markup a file remotely. Thus increasing efficiency.
  • Having the ability to have multiple users markup the same file.
  • The ease of being able to add, remove, or shuffle pages around in a multi-page PDF.
  • The user interface can be overwhelming at times. There are too many different ways you can set up the interface thus making it difficult to find commands at times.
  • Using the batch command to add a stamp needs to be streamlined.
  • Need the ability to group markup features.
The program is well suited for use when marking up a document for someone else to edit is needed. It is particularly helpful when the editing process is done by someone remotely. It does not work very well if you have a lot of graphical markups unless you have developed a tool box already. For example, if you are showing a change in a pipe route and only have a mouse for drawing the routing, it is a pain (this issue gets somewhat resolved if you have a stylist).
Read Matthew Warren's full review
Todd Azinger profile photo
July 18, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Must have PDF tool that can go from PDF to Revit and back again."

Bluebeam is used by the construction teams primarily on the job sites, but it is also utilized by the estimating department and even the clerical side of our work. It is an accurate tool for dimensions and is used to articulate issues in the field. I use it to show progress thru layering weekly to monthly while adding in photos. I use it to mark up drawings for RFIs, submittals and to send official documents.
  • Dimensioning of drawings, including volume and doing take offs for concrete form work.
  • Mark ups for RFI clarifications.
  • Searching for information in documents, i.e. specification sections.
  • Collaboration of drawings in Studio is a big bonus. Crews in the field can make comments to drawings and get results back from the office efficiently.
  • Dimensioning on the iPad could be improved.
  • OCR recognition could be improved.
Bluebeam should be in every superintendent's laptop, and probably tablet. I would like to see it on my Android phone.
Read Todd Azinger's full review
Tory Wagoner profile photo
July 18, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam, a great alternative to Adobe and easy to use!"

Our whole construction company uses Bluebeam Revu for many things. We use it to view and edit .pdf files. We mark up .pdf files when requesting additional information from designers. We use it to combine .pdf files into single documents. We use it as a tool to measure things on plan sets and to highlight important items.
  • Allows you to mark up, and make comments on .pdf's.
  • Allows you to measure locations and items on engineered plans that are in .pdf format.
  • Allows you to combine multiple .pdf's into a single .pdf or to extract specific pages from larger files.
  • Sometimes fillable .pdf forms do not work correctly if they were made on Adobe. Sometimes the format is not correct if a form was originally made in Adobe.
  • Sometimes the software holds files hostage if they are in the recently viewed list and other software or people are not allowed to use it until the Bluebeam is completely closed.
Bluebeam is well suited for almost any application from modifying plans to using it to make text in a .pdf editable. It can be less appropriate when trying to use fillable forms that were created using Adobe.
Read Tory Wagoner's full review
Adam Sonntag profile photo
September 25, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Simple Easy PDFs"

Bluebeam is used pretty widely across the entire company to create, review, and markup PDFs that are sent. As a construction company , Bluebeam is an amazing tool for reviewing submittals for its easy way of manipulating PDFs.
  • Ease of manipulating PDFs.
  • Creating PDFs and compiling PDFs into one single documents is a breeze.
  • The added plug-in tools make reviewing and marking up documents effective and easy.
  • The amount of functionality that the software has, is more than what I use.
Bluebeam is a great well rounded PDF editing software. It is heavily focused for construction but can be used for anything.
Read Adam Sonntag's full review
December 01, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam is the only way to make Juicy PDF's in the Construction Industry"

The software is used for proposals, estimating and operations. It is our default pdf program for presentations and take-off.
  • It is a powerful tool for simple take-offs.
  • Great for graphical presentation.
  • Works well with collaboration to review documents.
  • The interface is overwhelming.
  • Bluebeam Studio sometimes runs slow.
Bluebeam is well suited for take-offs and marking up documents.

Bluebeam struggles with creating drafting and creating drawings.
November 10, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam in a nutshell"

It's being used by a couple people within our company as an alternative to Adobe. There are many more options with Bluebeam which is used to markup submittals and is extremely easy to use. At any given time I can have up to 15 PDF files open and Bluebeam has instant access to them with the recent tab.
  • Recent and recall of PDFs that you had open so you can easily flip back in forth between files all within the same window.
  • Instant access to a list of tools and setting of the defaults.
  • At times it is difficult to find out where a certain function is.
  • Some secure files won't open in Bluebeam and must be used in Adobe.
  • The comparisons feature has difficulties with scanned documents.
It is well suited when marking up and comparing documents such as submittals. It's well suited for dual screens when reviewing submittals to specs and or drawings. I can't think of a time where it is less suited in my day to day use of Bluebeam.
September 05, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam>Adobe"

Bluebeam is being used as a tool across the entire organization. I would say it does not serve a main purpose but is a required connection between processes and deliverables. In construction we use it for quick estimates, altering documents, creating documents, taking notes on drawings, creating color coating plans. A key purpose of this program is to help convey client ideas.
  • PDF editing with the capabiity of signatures.
  • Accurate scaling. This allows for quick estimating to know not only you are in the ball park but what base you're close to.
  • Tagging edits. This way colleagues can pass a document around and understand who said what.
  • Not integrated on other web based construction platforms.
  • A lot going on so its a lot to take in.
As I previously stated, 2 good scenarios are taking a drawing putting a scale on it and getting a fairly close estimate. They offer options such as area, volume, perimeter etc. The other is the ability to very easily color code drawings allowing for visual communication to be a go to.
August 01, 2017

User Review: "Bluebeam Revue - A must have!"

I work for a commercial general contractor, and we use Bluebeam Revu across our organization. It is a multi-faceted software that allows us to perform several critical tasks. These tasks include quantity take-offs, red-lining, collaborative documentation, RFI creation, punch-list, form-fill document creation, and much more. The departments that use it most heavily include project management and estimating.
  • Quantity Take-offs: On-screen QTO software is nothing new, but Bluebeam seems to have perfected it.
  • Red-lining: There is no easier way to red-line PDF drawings (for record drawing purposes, etc.) than with Bluebeam.
  • Document Collaboration: Revu's "Sessions" functionality allows for collaborative drawing review/mark-ups.
  • Increase the stock templates (i.e. symbol catalogs, hatch patterns, arrow types, etc.).
  • Streamline the punch-list tool (it is a little bit cumbersome).
  • Implement a "hide" feature that allows you to hide and un-hide mark-ups.
  1. Well-suited:
    5. Document Control
    6. RFI Creation
    7. Drawing Management
  2. Less Appropriate:
    1. Drawing creation (stick to AutoCad)
July 21, 2017

Review: "Bluebeam Revu Runs Circles around the Competition!"

Bluebeam Revu is a fantastic and less expensive alternative to Adobe Acrobat Pro, it is less expensive and has tons more features and functionality. The infrastructure project I work with uses Bluebeam heavily for sessions, drawing plan set review and collaboration, takeoffs, measurements and many other functions. It's fairly easy to use and they have online training available.

The biggest business problem this addressed was the ability for multiple persons from different companies to be able to collaborate and comment on drawings and specifications at the same time in a live environment.
  • Sessions - this is a great feature to allow collaboration on documents within a company or across many different companies.
  • Projects - the ability to maintain an entire set of project records in one place. Though simplistic from a document control standpoint it is a usable way to store and retrieve documents.
  • OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in Bluebeam Revu Standard
  • Easier access to free training resources for paid users of the software
This program is well suited to construction and engineering applications but could be exceptionally useful for anyone that deals with PDF documents on a regular basis. It is more specialized to PDF documents.
September 15, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "BLUE out the competition."

At this time, Bluebeam is being used by my entire office here in Los Angeles. We made a transition from Adobe to Bluebeam a few years ago and everyone seems to be satisfied. Not only is the pricing better than Adobe, but the program is also a lot more user friendly.
  • Able to scale drawings without having to upload drawings into our cost estimating software.
  • Able to rename drawings without having to do it manually.
  • Can screenshot areas from PDFs for email purposes (e.g. details).
  • So far I have not seen the need for any improvements, although the more user friendly the better.
  • Pricing can always be improved for my students (e.g.interns)
When required to review drawings, one of the best capabilties that Bluebeam offers is the ability to layer images for drawing changes, Change orders and addenda drawings are much simpler when you don't have to manually find changes. There is less room for human error when the program color coats the changes for you.
August 25, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Bluebeam Overview"

Bluebeam Revu solves the problem of a collaborative space using studio and can streamline meetings when using sessions. It is an incredible tool for documentation control as well editing of drawings and specs for communication to outside vendors and subcontractors.
  • Studio
  • Level of employee access can be controlled
  • Documentation control
  • PDF manipulation
  • Drawing tools using decimals
  • Burning PDFs using Bluebeam
  • Stapling non PDFs and being able to use them as non PDFs
Collaboration, document editing and control, and drawing manipulation are key tools that I use every day on Bluebeam and have only found on this product exclusively that helps me stay more organized in the construction industry.
Will Kosnik profile photo
February 28, 2017

Bluebeam Revu Review: "Best PDF Editor Available"

We use BlueBeam for quite a few things. We are using it over 80% of our company. We use it as a PDF viewer. We also use it as a PDF editor. We use it to link together multiple PDF files. We use it to create forms. As a construction company, we use it across the board since it is so versatile. We have actually made fillable forms with BlueBeam in a scenario where we usually a program to create RFIs, and it wasn't working. We quickly were able to make a form we could use while it was down.
  • BlueBeam is great for creating fillable PDF forms. You can have text boxes, drop downs and radio buttons to press to get the info you need.
  • You can easily link PDF files with other PDFs. Example: we might have a blue print of a job site, and there is the main view, and then other cut views of the blue print. We can color code the main view in certain areas, where you can click, and it will take you right to the cut view of the area you clicked.
  • It has great options for adding stamps and signatures
  • The "stapler" feature allows you take multiple files, and different file types, and it will convert them right into a PDF for you
  • You can take PDF documents and convert them into word or excel documents.
  • With creating PDF forms, while there are quite a few options, there are still a few that I would like to see. Example: you can create a fillable text box. But it will only fit across the page so far. I'd like to be able to make it an unlimited box that the end user could scroll down and see, or re-proportion the screen to see all of the text.
As a basic PDF viewer, it is a bit overkill. But being able to convert PDF to word and excel, and take excel and word and make them PDF documents, it is amazing. Also, being able to edit blue prints and mark them up is great. The price point isn't cheap, but if you won't use at least 80% of the features, it might be overkill
Read Will Kosnik's full review
February 27, 2017

"Bluebeam Revu Review"

Our organization uses Bluebeam Review as the primaray PDF viewer for documents and drawings/plans. The whole organization uses it to view PDFs, whether to view drawings in the field or contracts in the office. The main business problem that is addresses besides being the main PDF viewer program, is sharing of files and comments seamlessly through Bluebeam Studio.
  • PDF Viewer with ability to easily provide markups to documents.
  • PDF creator of documents written in other programs such as MS Word.
  • Bluebeam Studio gives the users the ability to share, review, and edit files seamlessly.
  • For adding real time comments and photos to construction plans, it does not work as well as PlanGrid.
  • Bluebeam use on an iPad is limited and cumbersome compared the desktop versions.
  • The navigation of the tool bar is not intuitive to new users.
I believe that Bluebeam Revu is an extremely powerful tool for reviewing and marking up construction plans; however, it can be too complicated for simple jobs that need to be performed on an iPad when used on site. I feel that the ability to customize it per the project's needs would help make it more efficient. Overall, I do endorse using Bluebeam Revu for its capabilities.
Katie Badiyan profile photo
September 19, 2016

User Review: "Love Bluebeam Revu!"

A lot of people in our organization use Bluebeam Revu to mark-up drawings, sketches, and Word documents. One of the greatest business problems it solves is having multiple users in one document. Studio allows you to set up a project so that multiple people can have the same PDF open at the same time and we are all able to use the same PDFs at the same time so no one is duplicating work.
  • It is an easy product to use on my office computer and on a tablet when I am out in the field - so there is no need to switch between different products.
  • Bluebeam Revu is very intuitive to learn.
  • You are able to filter comments based on person, discipline, color, whatever you like.
  • A Callout can only have one arrow - I would love to be able to add multiple arrows to callouts.
  • I would love to be able to lock an image proportion while resizing.
  • The highlight tool sometimes highlights more things than you'd like.
Sharing documents is great with Bluebeam Revu - you can have multiple people in the document marking it up and you see it in real time. This is extremely helpful in my industry. With Bluebeam Revu it is very easy to renumber every page in your document with its sheet number. It is also very easy to find things in the document with text or a visual. I love being able to calibrate and measure things in Bluebeam - it saves so much time.
Read Katie Badiyan's full review
Ernest King profile photo
February 08, 2016

Review: "Switching to Bluebeam Revu is a No-Brainer Once You Try It"

Bluebeam Revu was first introduced to our construction operations group in late 2011 and it quickly helped us transform many of our paper-based workflows to electronic. Most notably, it enabled us to update and maintain our construction documents in one central location, electronically, and share them with anyone regardless of location. As opposed to maintaining and updating multiple hard copies in different locations. After a successful implementation with our construction operations group, Bluebeam Revu spread to the entire company and has become the new standard for PDF viewing/markups and collaboration.
  • A host of batch processes offer a huge time savings over the manual alternatives
  • Powerful cloud-based collaboration via Bluebeam Studio
  • Easy and intuitive markup tools
  • Really tough to provide any cons. Bluebeam listens to their user base and constantly strives to improve the product.
Bluebeam Revu is perfect for managing construction documents. Tools like Batch Hyperlinking, Batch Slip Sheet and Batch Compare/Overlay are incredibly valuable.
Read Ernest King's full review
Matt Luchak profile photo
February 01, 2016

Review: "Use Bluebeam Revu. Userfriendly on all devices."

To my knowledge Bluebeam Revu is being used across the organization in the construction, design, accounting, marketing, and sales departments. Bluebeam Revu has functions similar to Photoshop, AutoCAD and any typical pdf viewer. PDF's and images can be combined, merged, overlaid and marked up with minimal confusion. Bluebeam Revu has connected the link between automatic file share / update with box.net.
  • User friendly functionality. Take a measurement, then snapshot and send via email with a few clicks under a minute.
  • Variety of functions. Bluebeam has functions that Photoshop, Paint, AutoCAD, Word and all functions that every typical pdf viewer has.
  • Link with Box.net & Box Sync.
  • Ipad application.
  • Split screens.
  • Every now and then I have to delete the application on my iPad and reinstall it.
  • I think Bluebeam Revu has too many functions that are unused. Maybe someone else out there uses the functions.
Bluebeam Revu is the only plan reading software I use. I have converted many people from other programs. I have used Bluebeam Revue on a tablet, iPad, and desktop computer. I have seen no flaws with the program besides user error and lack of training. If every project team has a Bluebeam Revu tech friendly team member the program would be perfect. I worry the program will try to be more like AutoCAD. I think the program needs to stop where its at on adding functions and only focus on improving the current functions and arrangement of the program.
Read Matt Luchak's full review

Plan distribution & viewing (19)
9.4
Plan markups & sharing (20)
9.6
Issue tracking & punchlists (14)
Photo documentation (14)
Jobsite reports (11)
Document sharing (18)
RFI tools (16)
Collaboration & approvals (18)
As-built drawings (16)
Mobile app (12)
Submittal design and management (1)
Takeoff tools (2)