August 31, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with OneTrust
OneTrust is used by the marketing department to manage our requests for information access and information deletion under the guidelines of the California Consumer Privacy Act. We use the built-in templates and workflows to ensure we are addressing each step of the process in deleting or accessing a customer's information, as well as notifying them the process has been completed. We also use OneTrust to power the cookie consent pop-up for new visitors who come to our website.
- Cookie consent pop-up on site was easy to implement.
- Built-in workflows based on CCPA and GDPR help increase efficiency and limit set-up time.
- Flexibility allows for multiple users to execute the tasks within their scope of work.
- Price was very reasonable for the features provided.
- Customizing tabs in workflows would be helpful, as they are not all always needed.
- Customizing e-mail alerts--there are way too many.
- Customizing content in e-mail alerts--they are vague and don't alert you to what exactly needs to be done.
- Positive impact--streamlining our CCPA customer request process
- Positive impact--making it easy to implement cookie consent banner on our website
- Positive impact--tracking CCPA requests in one place our entire team can access
We evaluated Clarip, but it is not showing up on this list. It is a similar solution to OneTrust but provides a much more broad scope including full automation of processes to delete and access customer information based on requests. They were exponentially more expensive than OneTrust, and due to the level of our current requests, we did not feel the investment was needed.
Both our customer rights access and cookie consent advisors were responsive and helpful in getting us trained on using the platform and the various assets implemented on our website. We had multiple training sessions that were more than enough in getting all of the users on our team familiar with what we needed to do.
Do you think OneTrust delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OneTrust's feature set?
Did OneTrust live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OneTrust go as expected?
Would you buy OneTrust again?
OneTrust is well suited to our organization because it is cost-effective for the number of requests to access or delete information that we receive from customers. As we do not receive an overwhelming amount of requests and the workflows are comprehensive, it is a good fit for us. It is less appropriate if our volume of requests were to increase and cause the need for automation of executing the requests.