Druva’s inSync provides a comprehensive IT solution that is designed for protecting and governing enterprise data being managed by today’s mobile workforce thereby enabling IT with visibility and control over mobile data without compromising end-user productivity. Designed from the ground up as a...
Data Governance Software
Data Governance Software
What is Data Governance Software?Data governance, sometimes called data stewardship, software helps organizations to manage both internal and external data to improve its quality, compliance, usage, and storage. Data governance software products also monitor security and metadata repositories
Data Governance Software Features & Capabilities
- Enterprise governance. Maintain and manage data attributes through a common data model
- Business data dictionary or glossary for creation and management of business terms
- Security and auditing. Role-based access to data. Access to snapshots to meet regulatory requirements
- Visualization and reporting. Create reports and share governance information
- Data remediation. Review records and resolve issues once problems are identified
- Business rule validation. Help data meet organizational standards for data quality
- Metadata management and visualization.
- Application Integration. Ability to integrate with other applications
Data Governance vs. Data Quality vs. MDMOne way of thinking about these related by not identical domains is that data governance is the highest level activity and is entirely focused on helping enterprises benefit from the strategic value of all their data. Both data quality and master data management (MDM) are data governance strategies or supporting activities.
- Data Governance is a set of policies and procedures designed to manage data usability, availability, integrity and security. In contrast to Data Quality, this is more of a business function focused on managing data as a strategic enterprise asset.
- Data Quality is a measurement of the degree to which information meets the requirements of the users/workers using it to perform their jobs. It is predominantly an IT specialty and managed by those proficient in specialist data quality and data management tools. Higher quality data is an outcome of a good data governance program.
- Master Data Management (MDM) software provides a way of managing all critical data from multiple applications in the organization. It does this by linking to a universal or master data file. The crucial problem that MDM solves is that, in large organizations, key data is likely to be stored in multiple different databases. Without an MDM system, none of these customer records has primacy over the others.
Data Governance Products
Listings (1-16 of 16)
The Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub powered by SDX supplies data governance capabilities with data warehouse, Cloudera Operational DB, a noSQL database, and other features.
Varonis offers their Data Security Platform, a modular suite of data acess and data security products providing sensitive data discovery, data access governance, unusual behavior detection, GDPR compliance support, as well as incident playbooks and cybersecurity forensic reporting.
Pendo Systems headquartered in Montclair offers the Pendo Machine Learning Platform, a fintech technology designed to help locate missing or lost documents and gain visibility and access to structured and unstructured documents and data.
DATUM's Information Value Management® is designed to help organizations to manage their data. According to the vendor, their solution’s methodology advocates a business-first, top-down approach while also understanding that data governance initiatives must be actionable in a traditional IT, botto...
Infogix in Naperville offers its flagship data quality application Data3Sixty, which performs quality checks on enterprise data in a big data environment. It is built around data validation with data profile and completeness, reconciliation/balancing, value conformity, and supports the creation ...
Identity Manager Data Governance Edition gives access control to the business owner rather than the IT staff. The business owner can grant access to sensitive data. With the Identity Manager restricted access functionality, users can analyze, approve and fulfill unstructured data access requests ...
IBM Industry Models presents industry specific data models to support data governance and compliance efforts, and to help organize data warehouse into design models that support KPI analysis.
IBM Cloud Private (ICP) for Data provides data management, data governance, and automated data discovery and classification.
STEALTHbits Technologies, headquartered in Hawthorne, offers the StealthAUDIT data access governance platform, supporting the location of sensitive data, the discovery of who has access to it, and assessment of associated risk.
Proofpoint Data Discover locates, tracks, and helps secure sensitive data across a wide variety of locations and transmission to prevent internal threats and enforce compliance with regulations and policy.
CTG (Computer Task Group) headquartered in Buffalo offers EIM Advantage, an IT asset usage and optimization analytics platform providing enterprise asset modeling, governance, optimization, and a vendor management solution.
Palantir Technologies headquartered in Palo Alto offers Palantir Foundry, a data governance tool which checks data quality, ensures a common ontology for all enterprise data, maintains consistency between data and business logic, and performs other tasks to maximize the worth of enterprise data f...
TransPerfect headquartered in New York offers TransCEND, an enterprise rights management solution.