Best Data Governance Software include:
Egnyte, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub, Netwrix Auditor, Varonis Data Security Platform, Cloudera Data Platform, StealthAUDIT, Pendo Systems Machine Learning Platform, IBM Cloud Pak for Data (formerly IBM Cloud Private for Data), Informatica Axon Data Governance (formerly Diaku), and Identity Manager Data Governance.
What is Data Governance Software?Data governance, sometimes called data stewardship, software helps organizations to manage both internal and external data to improve its quality, compliance, usage, and storage. Data governance software products also monitor security and metadata repositories
Data Governance Software Features & Capabilities
- Enterprise governance. Maintain and manage data attributes through a common data model
- Business data dictionary or glossary for creation and management of business terms
- Security and auditing. Role-based access to data. Access to snapshots to meet regulatory requirements
- Visualization and reporting. Create reports and share governance information
- Data remediation. Review records and resolve issues once problems are identified
- Business rule validation. Help data meet organizational standards for data quality
- Metadata management and visualization.
- Application Integration. Ability to integrate with other applications
Data Governance vs. Data Quality vs. MDMOne way of thinking about these related by not identical domains is that data governance is the highest level activity and is entirely focused on helping enterprises benefit from the strategic value of all their data. Both data quality and master data management (MDM) are data governance strategies or supporting activities.
- Data Governance is a set of policies and procedures designed to manage data usability, availability, integrity and security. In contrast to Data Quality, this is more of a business function focused on managing data as a strategic enterprise asset.
- Data Quality is a measurement of the degree to which information meets the requirements of the users/workers using it to perform their jobs. It is predominantly an IT specialty and managed by those proficient in specialist data quality and data management tools. Higher quality data is an outcome of a good data governance program.
- Master Data Management (MDM) software provides a way of managing all critical data from multiple applications in the organization. It does this by linking to a universal or master data file. The crucial problem that MDM solves is that, in large organizations, key data is likely to be stored in multiple different databases. Without an MDM system, none of these customer records has primacy over the others.