Reviews (1-16 of 16)
September 23, 2019
We use Yotpo to collect reviews for our website and for the products on our website. We wanted a system that would integrate easily on our Big Commerce site. Yotpo was so easy to install, it was ready to go in minutes. The Yotpo reviews collect actual customers experience and this helps new customers make buying decisions. Our customer service department checks the reviews on a regular basis on the Yotpo dashboard. This helps us spot problems with orders and products. We then reach out to the customers to follow up. Yotpo is another way to keep an eye on how our service and products are doing.
- Yotpo alerts us by email when a new review comes in which encourages us to log in and check the Yopto dashboard to see if anything needs tending to.
- With one click we can publish a Yotpo review to our website, than another click and it pushes the review to Twitter, and Facebook.
- Even the free version has lots of useful features.
- We use the free version and Yotpo keeps putting up notices and suggestions to use to use the paid version. It gets a bit annoying.
- I have a bit of difficulty navigating their dashboard. It's not intuitive. I have to refer to my notes each time. There's a lot of information on each screen and I have a hard time seeing where to click to get where I am going. Once I'm on the right page it's fine.
Read Vivian Vassar's full review
If you have an ecommerce website Yotpo does the job. It's dependable, easy to install, and you can set up a funnel to get the customer to review your site or product, then ask them to post a review on social media by offering an incentive. If you're a small business this can work as a set it and forget it system that just needs to be checked once in awhile if you are short on time. When you do check in you can push the reviews yourself to social sites. The free version does not do this automatically as far as I know.
October 21, 2019
We are using Yotpo to generate reviews for our e-commerce site. Before implementing Yotpo, we didn't have any reviews or a strategy in place to generate them. Through Yotpo's easy-to-use Shopify integration, we were able to not only add an intuitive online review platform but also set up automated emails that request reviews from customers a few weeks after they received their orders. We now have 64 reviews and it's all thanks to Yotpo.
- It provides a nice, user-friendly tool for online reviews.
- It allows us to send automated emails to customers to help generate reviews.
- It makes it easy for us to respond to negative reviews so we can resolve issues and turn bad outcomes into good ones.
- To be honest, I haven't experienced any cons.
Read Adam Dawson's full review
Yotpo is definitely well suited for e-commerce. We've been using it for a few years now and it has helped us build a review strategy. Beforehand, we didn't have anything in place for reviews. It's been a cost-effective, easy-to-use way for us to garner feedback about our e-commerce site. Also, if you feel like you don't have the time to implement a review strategy, Yotpo makes it easy with automation tools.
October 21, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
We currently use Yotpo as our customer reviews plugin. Yotpo sends automatic emails to all of our customers after they purchase our products. When a customer leaves a review, it is automatically posted on the "Reviews" page of our online store.
- Automatic Review Requests with the option to upload a photo.
- Customer service is good.
- The customer photos are too small. We'd like to be able to display the photos that customers upload as much larger. They're almost thumbnails.
- Yotpo widgets slow down site speed so we can't use any of them. The only one we can use is the reviews page.
Read Michele Riley's full review
Yotpo is great for sending automatic review requests to customers. However, the widgets slow down my site speed and the customer photos are too small.
October 15, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We are using it to address customer reviews on our website. We then choose to publish or not publish reviews based on how relevant they are. This way, a customer who needs answers on something pressing can either find them in published messages or they can make a purchase based on a review made by someone else.
- Organizes information effectively, easy to find, address, and solve any problems.
- Provides an email of the user so that you can contact them for issues, if a conversation needs to occur.
- Exceptional separation of brands (we work with three) so that threads do not get crossed.
- Hard to integrate with multiple users.
- Platform was confusing at first, difficult to direct.
- Help desk is not very helpful, have had to solve many issues on my own.
Read Colin Darcy's full review
Anyone looking to expand their customer service in a more new school direction should consider using Yotpo. They are effective in assisting a small company like ourselves in looking like a large company. Quick responses and a proper interface help preface what needs to be done to address customer needs.
October 12, 2019
At Flights Machine we wanted to boost user trust on our sales page by adding objective reviews. Previously we simply had a few testimonials hardcoded onto our site, but to the user that seems more easily "faked" and less objective. Rather than the oft-seen low tech solution of screenshots-of-Facebook-posts, we decided to implement Yotpo on our website to aid in both harvesting and displaying these reviews.
- Easy-to-Integrate hosted form for review collection
- Review display looks more "objective" than hardcoding reviews onto your site
- Generous free-plan that should support most small businesses
- Provide more knowledge and best practices on how to persuade users to actually leave a review
- Spiffy up the review display widget, since it looks fairly plain
- Support more languages with your SDK to allow for API-level integrations
Read Ben Gelsey's full review
Yotpo is well suited if you want to build user trust on your site (versus off-site on existing platforms like Yelp/TrustRadius/Trustpilot/BBB, etc). Yotpo allows you to filter out bad reviews (but most users wouldn't know this), so it's guaranteed to make your site look more trustworthy.
September 07, 2019
We use Yotpo as a reviews system on one of the e-commerce websites. We use it for plugin displays reviews on our product detail pages, home page, and some landing pages. In general, it shows reviews of the product from the real users/buyers.
- Grouping reviews within the product in the same group.
- Display customization.
- The management panel is not as clear as it could be.
- It would be good to have some build-in templates of how the Yotpo review section could be displayed.
- Analytics (per product stats).
Read Art Bukowski's full review
Yotpo brings to our business hundreds of reviews every week. It's funny how we started with almost 0 reviews, and within a few months, we have thousands. The Yotpo system re-connects buyers with the store, so we have much higher retention. And all that just works, without spending hours to prepare/automate campaign. It just works.
October 18, 2019
Yotpo is mainly used by our Consumer Care Team, but will be integrated into a B2B site later this year.
- Allows on-site communication between Customer Service and the consumer.
- Allows for public product reviews and responses.
- Decent reporting and customization display features.
- We've recently experienced some issues with customers receiving review requests for products they have never purchased.
Read Sarah Moore's full review
Yotpo is perfect for medium-sized online stores.
October 15, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
This is a useful tool to drive quality insights from our customers, more than review the product experience they review all the customer experience.
Read Ignacio Sime's full review
Well suited for midsize companies who wants to improve their customer engagement but less suited for companies who needs an interactive experience with the customers.
October 09, 2019
It is being used across the whole organization. It is used to get real feedback and reviews for product on our website. We also use it to answer questions for customers. It also silicates review on the look and user friendliness of the site. We use it to send coupons as well to customers.
Read Jose Crowley's full review
It is perfect for e-commerce with a loyal customer base and repeat buyers. Great for introducing new products and offering coupons in return for feedback and reviews. Not great as a customer service tool.
December 04, 2019
We use Yotpo on a few different websites that we own and couldn't be more pleased. We use it for onsite reviews, we push reviews into our Facebook feed, and we also use a testimonial page to showcase the reviews that we have. We use the review tab widget so that every page of our website has quick access for customers to see real reviews. We love Yotpo and couldn't run our business without it.
- Reviews are easy to manage, obtain, and publish.
- Onsite display and customizations are awesome.
- We use it to promote other items and popular products.
- Push to social channels is simple and effective.
- We don't have anything that we would want to change, it does everything that we need it to do and are very pleased with it.
Read this authenticated review
If you need an excellent mechanism to collect and publish customer reviews, Yotpo is the best that we have found. We love the feature set that is provided, even if you are using the basic membership to get started. Where it is really good is the collection and managing of reviews. The email request setup is simple and easy to use. The publishing and commenting on reviews can be managed easily in the backend. It syncs up nicely to our website providers, and we have used it on a few different platforms without any problems. The pricing on it is also very competitive when you price it out against so of the other big-name players in the space.
October 09, 2019
Patient acquisition and retention is vital to our medical practice. Consumers do rely on others reviews as to the quality of providers, appointment scheduling, acceptance of insurance and fees charged in the current market. Thus, we rely on Yotpo to support this function.
- Facebook integration as this is imperative today
- Offered a free product which is upgradable
- Amalgamates reviews and questions from disparate sources into one clean interface
- Free plan does not include Facebook only Google
- Not really a deficit. But visual marketing while powerful is not part of our marketing plan
- Veracity of reviews is still always a question but this is true anywhere on the web
Read this authenticated review
Amalgamating reviews and questions from diverse sources, giving potential patients an estimate of providers availability, enabling potential customers to request specific providers, integrating with Facebook and Google effectively.
August 06, 2019
We currently use Yotpo to collect customer reviews, UGC, and to post and answer Q&A on the site. It is used on our homepage displaying site /brand reviews as well as our product pages, with product specific reviews and UGC. It allows us to moderate reviews as they come in and respond either publicly or privately to reviews. The reporting also helps our buying/merchandising department to look at trends and respond to things on a product level as well. Customer service has a simple interface through which they can lend an extra level of support to our customers.
- Yotpo puts us in complete control over our reviews, good and bad, and allows us to choose which ones to feature on our website and Facebook accounts.
- You can do both manual and automatic review requests, so you can get a large number of reviews with a manual push at the beginning, then it can be very hands-off to continue to collect reviews for future customers.
- Yotpo has many templates and configurable widgets out of the box or you can break things apart and do a completely custom job time and resources permitting.
- We did not find the implementation process nearly as smooth as we would have hoped.
- There was very limited training for our teams at the time of launch.
- Support sometimes takes longer than we would like to get back to us.
Read this authenticated review
I think Yotpo is a great service and platform for any business, especially a retail/ecomm business, who is looking for a way to collect, moderate and publish reviews as social proof for their brand and products. I think the features are largely there and relatively easy to use, however, my reservations around recommending them more strongly comes from the headache we experienced trying to implement and launch with them. We took it upon ourselves to do a very custom email template and to do some of the implementation work in house which caused a number of snags and delays, but you would think even going with a custom approach, things could have gone a lot more smoothly.
August 10, 2018
The marketing and customer service teams use Yotpo. We use it for product reviews and social media.
Read Roy Fung's full review
Very good with product reviews, Q&As and social interaction between consumers and between consumer and retailer. It is not the best customer service support tool.
February 07, 2018
Yotpo is the primary method of Product Reviews for our eCommerce sites. It is also used as a secondary Review portal for Service Reviews. The reviews are utilized by our Marketing and Customer Service departments both reactively and proactively. The tool's functionality provides a proactive feedback loop to ensure that any product issues are addressed immediately. Yotpo also allows for immediate Customer Service follow up to any priority review submissions. Yotpo allows for some responsive automation to help collect data and includes auto-publish rules for a limited amount of specifications.
- Automated eMail requests for Product and Service Feedback
- Product Content Generation
- Providing Customer to Customer Review Structure
- Limited Amount of Automation
- Exceptionally Manual Response Process
- Tool UI could be easier to use
Read Zach Shelley's full review
Yotpo is a great tool for any organization that has a dedicated full-time resource for the process and elevation of customer reviews. There is workable automation within the tool but apart from the proactive pursuit of reviews, it offers little. Responses to Q and A are 100% manual. Responses to 1 - 3-star reviews are 100% manual in their moderation. There are additional teams whose services can be purchased at an additional cost to help alleviate some of the resource bandwidth consideration, however, Yotpo really only provides depth and help when serviced by a dedicated individual.
May 05, 2017
We are using Yotpo to request and publish product reviews from customers after their purchase on our B2C e-commerce sites. Before implementing Yotpo, we had very low review response rates. Yotpo automatically sends review requests after purchases and we have now collected hundreds. The moderation tools also give us another opportunity to interact with customers.
- Automated review request emails -- don't have to worry about sending these manually and they get a great response rate.
- Onsite reviews -- The reviews widget on product pages helps build confidence and credibility.
- Moderation -- Through the moderation dashboard, we can easily respond to both positive and negative customer experiences.
- Q&A -- Customers can post a question to a product page and other customers can respond.
- Expensive at first glance -- but after considering the impact on our business, it was a no-brainer.
Read John Wilkinson's full review
At the right sales volume, Yotpo is a great tool for automating the review request process and adding great user generated content/reviews to your e-commerce sites. It just works and runs in the background without any additional effort. Setup is easy and customer support is fantastic. The onsite widget is easily customizable to match your site's branding and design.
November 28, 2016
Score 1 out of 10
We have been using Yotpo for several years to collect and display reviews from customers who purchase products on our website mezuzahstore.com
- Send review emails
- Display reviews cleanly on my website
- Tech support is horrible. It literally took them over a year to solve a simple problem with how their widget was displaying on my site.
- Their pricing is obscene. They suddenly raised it by a factor of 10! With no warning and no grandfathering in for existing customers.
- Their sales staff is pushy and rude like a bad used cars salesman.
Read Aaron Shaffier's full review
I can't imagine why any company would use Yotpo at their current pricing when there are several solutions which are similar or superior at a tiny fraction of their pricing.
Yotpo Scorecard Summary
Mail After PurchaseYotpo DashboardShowcase your best reviews & ratings on siteUse analytics to measure & improve performanceTurn every purchase into a reviewModerate & comment with easeGenerate different types of content and showcase on siteDrive more shoppers to your siteOptimized redemption experiencesComprehensive performance metricsBuild customer loyalty and maximize LTVAcquire customers more efficiently
Shopify, Shopify Plus, Klaviyo, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Bronto Marketing Platform, Listrak, Mailchimp, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Antavo, Volusion, Zendesk, AdRoll, HubSpot, LoyaltyLion, Nextopia, Omnisend, Searchspring, Remarkety, Stitch, ViralSweep, Vend, Zinrelo Loyalty Rewards Program, Zaius, Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento), Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Swell Rewards, Sap Hybris, Nosto, Ampifyme, Beeketing Boost Sales, Bold Commerce, Findify, Flashchat, Fomo, Gorgias, InstantSearch+, Limespot, Octane AI, Oracle Bronto, ProveSource, Plobal Apps, Searchanise, Shoelace, Shogun, Smile.io, Stars and Stories
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Yotpo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Yotpo Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||All Countries|
|Supported Languages:||All Languages|