December 08, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Dyn Managed DNS
We use it for the Global Traffic Director feature. It has a good level of reliability and support at the correct price point for us.
- Direct line to knowledgeable support. Calling in with any issue we have always encountered intelligent and knowledgeable support personnel.
- Datadog integration is a nice plus.
- Simple option management for global TD response pool failovers lets us do regional maintenance without worries.
- The website interface is archaic.
- The split brain between DynID, contacts and users will leave you scratching your head.
- Good: Reliable low latency geo balanced DNS.
- Bad: Contract renewal rules with Oracle are peculiar. Keep your contract start date in mind when renewing/changing services.
Calling in gets someone on the line immediately who can answer your questions well.