Overall Satisfaction with Oracle CX Marketing (formerly Oracle Marketing Cloud)
Oracle Marketing Cloud (Responsys) enables automated lifecycle marketing and automated dynamic 1:1 marketing campaigns. The product offering is more advanced than any other vendors I've reviewed. Because of the revenue that email drives it doesn't make sense to select anything less than the best. Some of the competitive products had very confusing pricing models and cobbled together software application modules. Oracle and Responsys has a one-stop-shop solution.
- Integration of display targeting and lifecycle communications to empower sequential story-based retargeting campaigns across display networks.
- The Interact module allows for richer and more intelligent lifecycle campaigns to be created by marketing with less dependencies and involvement from technology teams.
- The advanced analytics application allows for queries, filters, and comparison of disparate data to get the answers needed to optimize the email channel.
- The user interface is very dated. I would like to see a much more refined GUI.
- The requirement to map all data tables in advance is cumbersome and slows down the ability for a marketer to iterate programs rapidly.
- Increased efficiency for creating, launching and optimizing programs.
- More accurate automated 1:1 marketing programs.
- Better analytics and better program optimization.
- Sailthru, Exact Target and Blue Hornet
Oracle/Responsys has a more mature feature set, a better professional team, and simpler/single app pricing.
The biggest reasons not to go with Responsys is that you need to be able to rapidly input new data points into the tech on the fly. Other than that, Responsys is hands-down the leading solution in the industry.