Reviews (1-25 of 50)
- Reporting, tracking history, and analytics.
- Scheduled sends and automation tools.
- Coding and HTML formatting, with a content builder tool for easy use for first-time users.
- Ability to send as someone else (ghostwriting).
- The content builder is glitchy and frequently crashes.
- Salesforce cloud stacks go down frequently and you cannot send emails.
- A better scheduling feature with a built out calendar would be nice.
- Needs a better translation to Outlook; emails don't always display properly, and functions don't work when integrating with/sending to Outlook recipients.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Badass way to get to know your customer while making them HAPPY"
- Connecting with clients in a personalized fashion
- Tracking customer behaviors to build better marketing and branding personas
- Finding new clients in creative ways
- The contact import feature sucks.
- Sometimes when updating files on the platform, they have become corrupted and unrecoverable.
- When trying out the product as a free trial, you don't get the kind of support that you should to seal the deal - for smaller companies with limited time and budgets, that also sucks.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Salesforce is unbelievably powerful if you can afford it."
- Easy to use funnels.
- Action based paths that people can go down based on clicks, open-rate, engagement, etc.
- Easy to use templates for building.
- Easy to segment lists.
- It's crazy expensive. Would love if they dropped the price.
- Could be a cleaner interface, but that is just me. Looks like the rest of the Salesforce backend, which is pretty simple.
- More A/B testing options would be appreciated.
- Salesforce.com integration including a connector app, bundled permission sets, user profile permissions
- Customizable Data Extensions that use either Campaigns or Reports from Salesforce.com
- Customizable Subscription Center for mailing list recipients to manage emails they do and do not want to receive.
- Administrative interface is quite a bit different than Salesforce.com Likely a legacy holdover from it's roots in ExactTarget
- Security configuration is confusing again a holdover from ExtactTarget
- Knowledge articles lag behind each release
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Great way to start emailing, but be ready to upgrade!"
- Reporting, History, and Analytics: Easily track performance based on multiple metrics.
- Automation Features: Schedule sends and creates logic based campaigns
- Drag and drop email builder allows teams to be agile without the need to know HTML or any coding
- More A/B testing options to help optimize content, messaging, and creative.
- The interface is a bit stale and follows suit with the rest of Salesforce. Could be updated to match competitors and be more intuitive.
- Knowledge base is not updated fast enough when things change in the platform.
- A comprehensive email marketing suite.
- Provides a good segue into other Salesforce Marketing Products.
- It's important for marketers today to use and implement with clients to create more effective outcomes.
- None that I can think of -- this platform is comprehensive in terms of functionality, integration, and ease of use.
It is less important if you are using other Automation tools that better connect into other Marketing streams. It does not allow for dynamic capabilities of Account Based Marketing objectives.
- Easy to use and very well versed user interface.
- Great customer support service support
- A lot of templates available to help you start your campaigns with.
- The implementation was not easy.
- A lot of training was required to train users.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "A great program for emailing clients and customers"
- Sends client confirmations when they subscribe to a newsletter, sign up for a conference, or place an order with our company (SourceMedia). We don't have to hire an agency to send these for us.
- Manages newsletter subscriptions and allows us to deploy on specific dates/times.
- Helps us discover and manage the correct audience base per newsletter, and automates the distributions so we don't have to do it manually.
- It would be nice if the interface was more user-friendly, it's simple to me because I've used the service for a while but it can sometimes take a while to train new employees.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio is great at managing our customer base which happens to be very large. We were able to create detailed segments and handle them all individually
- The tracking and analytics provided by Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio are great
- Along the lines of segmentation and tracking, Salesforce is great at allowing us to target customers or segments of customers with the content best suited for them.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio is quite expensive. This was a real issue for us when evaluating a vendor to use.
- Because of the amount of control that Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio provides, it follows that learning the tool is fairly complicated. It takes us a good amount of time to train new users.
- We have had some issues with importing email templates that we have used previously into Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "A Powerful Marketing Tool with a Steep Learning Curve"
I would recommend this for teams of 5+ people.
- Predictive intelligence - SFMC provides excellent analysis and recommendations through its AI assistant Einstein. The recommendations will help drive improvements in our marketing communications
- API connectivity - we have integrated a number of 3rd parties via the API suite which proved easy to implement
- Journey builder - the process of creating targeted campaigns is easy using the SFMC journey builder. Both native and external data is available in the same interface
- Reporting - the suite of reports available to the users is comprehensive and allows us to make data-driven decisions
- Deliverability reports - before sending emails they are checked for known issues and deliverability performance. The SFMC offering is ok but could be better. There additional software that can be purchased which should be included as part of the offering
- SF should make it easier to integrate other clouds i.e commerce cloud and service cloud. The implementation of commerce cloud has improved but I still feel there is a way to go
- Easy to create email marketing campaigns. A lot of helpful tools and help if you get stuck somewhere along the way.
- Integration with other programs, such as Salesforce CRM is phenomenal.
- Easy to set up and track A/B campaign testings.
- Extremely expensive. If you're a small business, forget about it, unless this is your ONLY option. There may be other great email marketing platforms out there that work just as well
- A very long process to send out an email. Step by step...
- Sometimes the platform is slow and buggy
- Ability to create powerful and feature-rich segments to personalize campaigns.
- Easy to use tool for data operations as well as for creating email templates and creative.
- Ability to leverage platform capabilities to do effective AB and multivariate testing.
- Simplify the creation of multi-variate testing.
- Simplify role management.
- Data-driven email marketing for higher conversion and ROI
- Personalization of email campaigns
- Data management and usage from cloud ecosystems
- Very simple UI to create AB tests and review results
- It's quite intuitive to use and I'd say it's pretty good as just about everything you might reasonably expect from an all-in-one email tool.
- There's a lot of flexibility - perhaps too much in some areas, but nothing that some oversight can't contain.
- The ExactTarget feature is apparently very good - I haven't used it enough to know its full capabilities, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
- Not a criticism of the tool itself, but it can be difficult getting everyone to use it in the same way, due to the flexibility offered. This is something for businesses to figure out and get alignment on.
- I've not had to contact their support, but I've heard people aren't always impressed by the service received. Same with a lot of tools, unfortunately.
- It is kind of expensive. There are surely cheaper ways to achieve what you need if you don't need anything too sophisticated.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the Best Around if you can Afford it!"
- Ability to send a large number of email broadcasts at one time
- Ease of use in creating new email from templates or from scratch
- Analytics on email campaigns were top notch
- The simple but robust nature of it was very nice and something you don't see in a lot of software
- The price of the platform was ultimately a sticking point
- Charging per contact as well as other costs were a big downside
- Some of the more detailed features were somewhat hard to find
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Great Solution for Marketers in the Salesforce Ecosystem"
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud connects well with Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Journey Builder is incredibly robust and allows customized one to one email marketing.
- Predictive content from the Einstein engine is extremely useful in customizing emails by segments.
- Sluggish development of email basics. I feel that competitors are showing Salesforce Marketing Cloud up by having better templates. Content Builder is a move in the right direction.
- Faster UI. I feel that the Marketing Cloud UI can be a bit dated and slow
- Better inbox viewing and delivery testing.
- Salesforce works well in different browsers
- No. of apps available
- Email campaigns feature is a plus
- Installation seemed a hassle, it is handled by third party
- Complexity of the CRM system, for our company size
- And the price of the tool seemed high for our company
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "SFMC has a Ferrari engine under the hood. Unleash the power via AMPScript and/or pair it with the Salesforce CRM to deliver awesomeness to your Marketing and Sales teams!"
- Build and deploy communications for Marketing and Sales online initiatives
- Automate various emails based processes
- Generate leads into the SFDC CRM via build and hosted web pages (with lead generating web forms).
- Synch, update and get updates with and from SFDC data (contacts, leads, cases, surveys, etc.)
- Tight integration with SFDC - easy to create, update and retrieve records information from our CRM of choice (Salesforce).
- Customization power - through the available AMPScript language you can really take the customization to the next level for all your data capturing, tagging and reporting needs.
- Intuitive interface - it offers a good user experience for its users whether they are seasoned developers with direct access to code or less technical folks that prefer drag and drop or WYSIWYG editors.
- (Lack of) Web Tracking - it offers minimal tracking capabilities for web visit(or)s and the ones that are in place don't provide an easy way to allow you to use that data in building reports or automation.
- No Web Forms - if most of your marketing campaigns include a call to action pointing to a web form submission, the SFMC doesn't have a "web form asset" per se that you can build. You could still achieve the same functionality by deploying cloud pages and/or microsite AMPScript pages that use Data Extensions as tables to hold data but that doesn't come out of the box.
- Customization brings Complexity - OK, maybe this is not a con but sometimes it feels like one. In order to build your own custom way of segmenting, importing, filtering data, having triggered sends, etc. you need to create a lot of assets on the platform. Think of it like small Lego bricks that you need to build first then combine them in a larger brick that is part of an even larger construction.
Its weak point is the web tracking capabilities if your web tracking needs go beyond displaying some charts of visits and visitors (aka use web metrics as part of your email automation, lead scoring, etc.)
- The email WYSIWYG is great. You can create custom templates for less experienced users to easily drag and drop images or text without the whole email breaking.
- The integration with other systems is also something that has been beneficial. Salesforce in particular.
- Dynamic content is super simple with the marketing cloud. You don't have to create any custom script or utilize another language to make this happen.
- The speed of the system could definitely be improved. Lists could be loaded faster.
- Also creating complex lists can be difficult. It really isn't a drag and drop type of functionality. Programming has to be used to get really complex.
- You have to buy multiple tools for what other marketing automation platforms provide out of the box. You also have to move from one "studio" to another. It needs to be tied together more.
- They make a good sales pitch.
- I think for really large companies that sends huge emails every day to consumers, it could be more useful.
- They have many types of products to offer.
- The interface was really challenging to use because it was out of date and not user-friendly. It doesn't even compare to any of the other platforms I've used (MailChimp, Constant Contact, or Emma).
- Emails did not look like they did in the editing phase, so things turned out unattractive and out of our control despite having a designer on our team with plenty of coding skills.
- Dynamic content turned out to be way harder to set up than we were told, so we couldn't use it, and that was the main reason we signed up for the Marketing Cloud.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Review: "Far from best but not so bad once you get used to it"
- Creation of Data Extensions - for target lists.
- It's easy to set up A/B Testing campaigns.
- The mobile app is not bad.
- Very poor analytics for tracking email campaign performance.
- The platform is not intuitive at all and requires a lot of work to maintain.
- It can be very slow sometimes.
- It has email campaign tracking functions, so you can track the recipients, the links clicked, and those who clicked etc.
- It has a subscribers importing function, as well as subscription integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- It has different content creation tools helping users to put together an email layout or template.
- It is in general not so intuitive, probably the least intuitive email marketing platform I have used.
- It only allows users to edit the code in some places and not the other, it would be nice to have the possibility to edit in all places for best customization.
- I have quite a lot of doubts with the accuracy of the data in the emails send report tracking.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email is an email marketing platform. It used to be called ExactTarget and was rebranded after its acquisition by Salesforce.
This email marketing platform allows companies to build relationships with their clients with speed, precision, and flexibility. This solution enables the creation of tailored and relevant content in any language. With the drag-and-drop tools, you can create an email in minutes and send real time transactional emails such as cart abandonment and shipping confirmations. Additional key features include A/B Testing Tools, Real Time Tracking and Graphical Reporting.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Screenshots
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Integrations
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Competitors
To learn more about products and pricing, please visit http://www.exacttarget.com/pricing.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Support Options
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Asia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, Germany, India, Japan, Latin America, Mexico, Middle-East and Africa, United Kingdom, United States|
|Supported Languages:||Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish|