Overall Satisfaction with Oracle PeopleSoft SCM
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM (PS SCM) is being used across our entire organization to manage our procurement and inventory management needs. We use it for purchasing and receiving activities, for ordering products from our end users and for managing our vendors and reconciliation process. We also use PS SCM for inventory purposes for both our perpetual inventories and our periodic par level inventories.
- Intuitive product for current generations
- Looks nice and well organized
- Processes work and adapt well to different modalities
- Missing functionality for multiple inventories and ship to sites, needs custom work to manage that process
- Contracting storage is very time consuming to maintain on an item level
- Time intensive for organizations to maintain fully
- Standardization in work flow from site to site
- Streamlining business processes
- Creating transparency in our work place to problems we might have
I think with a company that has a deep and educated developer pool and had a view of what they want their ERP to flow would really do well with Oracle PeopleSoft. I think smaller organizations could also benefit using an out of the box product like PeopleSoft, however for our mid-size organization we don't have the bandwidth to support it at times and customize it to make it work optimally for us.