Oracle Service Cloud is Excellent for a Call Center
Ammar Aldaffaie | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 18, 2018

Oracle Service Cloud is Excellent for a Call Center

Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Service Cloud

We use the Oracle Service Cloud for tracking phone calls, transfer incidents between departments and for reporting. We also use it to provide knowledge to our customers as well as our agents by using Knowledge Advanced.
  • The Oracle Service Cloud is very easy to customize to fit almost anyone needs
  • The reporting UI is so powerful and you can do a lot using the report management tools
  • Being able to make changes on the spot and roll them out to production in most cases are simple and take few minutes
  • The rules within the workspace are very powerful and enable you to do almost anything
  • You cannot assign a custom filed to another custom field value in rules
  • The staff account cannot have more than 1 profile for chat routing
  • You cannot use custom fields and customer objects in guided assistant
  • Web self-service
  • Live chat
  • Messaging platforms
  • Co-browse
We use Knowledge Advanced to provide all the information to our customers on the customer portal, we also use the ask a question page where our customer can email us. We collect feedback about the knowledge we put out there to continue improving.
As I mentioned in the earlier question, we are using KA to supply our customers and our agents with the knowledge they need. We used Knowledge Base before we upgraded to Knowledge Advanced and I think it is a great tool for this purpose, it allows you to collect feedback and it allows the agents to subscribe to what they need. The team who manages it are able to pull reports about the use of the articles and collect agents' and customers' feedback as well.
  • A better understanding of customers' needs
  • Phone call time reduction by providing the agents with the knowledge to help the customers
  • An easy way to collect feedback and build reports
I have been using the Oracle Service Cloud for the past 4 years and I really don't have a lot of experience with other products, I did take a look at others but my experience is not to the point where I can compare.
Yes - I am a member of the Salt Lake City Oracle Service Cloud User Group and Texas Oracle Service Cloud User Group.

The Oracle community is simply amazing, I get a lot of networking and see other users' use cases. I can meet other developers and learn more from the work they did.
The Oracle service cloud is very good for a call center who likes to track customers interactions and use the ticketing system to resolve customers problems and follow up and collect customer feedback. It is great with reporting on these incidents and to provide notifications to the agents who are working them. I cannot think of a case where it cannot work since it is very easy to customize and build add-in and custom widgets when needed.

Oracle Service Cloud Feature Ratings

Organize and prioritize service tickets
Subscription-based notifications