Overall Satisfaction with Oracle WebLogic Suite
We are currently migrating to WebLogic Suite as our primary application server platform. Previously we were only running WebLogic in conjunction with Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Customer Care and Billing. WebLogic is a powerful application server platform and is already showing increases in efficiency and scalability for us.
- Provides a robust application server platform and standardized skill set
- Provides infinite scalability options
- Easy integration accross the organization
- Allows for advanced configuration and automation of configurations and the creation of new environments
- The UI is not as robust as the tool and lacks some useful fuctionality
- Cost is significant depending on use and how it will be leveraged
- Oracle needs to produce a better guide for getting started
- Costly prior to negotiating an enterprise licensing agreement with Oracle
- Learning curve associated with the platform and lack of documentation
In the relatively short time I have worked with WebSphere and WebLogic the latter has hands down been the better solution. WebLogic is easier to use has led to better configuration replication and scalability and less performance and downtime issues for us. It is the standard or recommended application server for a number of applications and platforms making it a versatile investment for us.
WebLogic is fantastic for building and deploying applications and web services. It offers advanced, scalable building and configurations for a wide range of applications. It simplifies the creation of new products and environments and consolidates the skill sets required to maintain an organization's application domains. It is, however, a significant investment depending on the number of nodes in place and is more suited for large organizations, especially those which have licensing volumes warranting entering an enterprise licensing agreement with oracle.