PayPal Here may or may not allow you to even accept paymentshttps://www.trustradius.com/point-of-salePayPal HereUnspecified8.1131012019-03-23T02:18:45.483Z
March 22, 2019
PayPal Here may or may not allow you to even accept payments
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with PayPal Here
We use PayPal Here in order to take customer credit card payments on site for our service business. PayPal Here is used across our whole organization. Since our business is not one that takes place in in office, we need to be able to take credit card payments wherever we are. This is where PayPal Here comes in handy.
- The user interface is very easy to use and intuitive.
- The free card reader is invaluable to businesses that choose not to invest in more expensive options. The cost for entry is not a roadblock to accepting payments.
- The PayPal here app is compatible with different operating systems, so it doesn't matter if you have an iPhone or an Android.
- While swiped payments are easy, manual entry of payment information often fails. This is a major roadblock when you are in the service industry because not everyone who is making payment is on site.
- In almost every instance of accepting a payment, we have to call in and reverify every piece of information about our business before we are successful.
- Whatever system they use to determine how high risk your business is can limit your usage if they get it wrong.
- Customer service is inconsistent at best. Sometimes issues are handled quickly and easily, other time you have to jump through hoops.
- One positive impact that PayPal here has had on our business is the ability to accept credit card payments which in itself increases our customer basis by 50%.
- When PayPal fails, we have to pay higher fees to other processors, although I don't have an exact dollar impact.
- When we struggle to take a payment using PayPal Here it makes our customers uneasy.
Compared to Square, PayPal Here is less much less reliable. I have never struggled to take a payment with Square whether I was swiping the card or manually entering the card information. I feel like our customers are more accustomed to seeing the Square card reader as well and that they trust it more. I initially chose PayPal here because I was familiar with using PayPal outside of business and because the fees were competitive.
PayPal Here seems to be well suited for low volume merchants with a low average sale. We seem to struggle to have any kind of stability or success in taking payments with an average single sale amount of $300 and have to call in for help every time. They also don't always follow their own rules regarding when they will hold funds and when they won't.