Fast, Easy, & Convenient
October 24, 2019
Fast, Easy, & Convenient
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with PayPal Here
Paypal Here is used as part of our fundraising operations at events and meet and greets. It allows us to seamlessly take donations from individuals that would like to contribute to our campaign. It is used at nearly every event where there is a potential for people to make donations.
- It is incredibly easy to accept donations via card for our organization. It usually takes 3 minutes or less.
- It allows for easy collection of information we must report for campaign finance reporting and compliance.
- It is exceptionally easy if the donor already has a PayPal account. Donations are collected in record time without the need to collect any additional information except the donor's employer and occupation. The other information needed is already stored in their account.
- Usually, if there is any delay in donation processing it has to do with the speed at which a credit transaction is processed, but I know part of that is the strength of the internet connection.
- While it is user-friendly, it does require some training for people that have never used it before to ensure donations are processed correctly. It usually takes a few uses before newer employees feel comfortable using it with confidence.
- PayPal Here is worth every penny. We aren't charged anything more than processing fees and for those people that have PayPal accounts when they donate it costs us nothing, which is a money saver.
- Also, we have access to the donations collected within 1-2 business days via direct deposit, and having access to capital sooner increases our ability to meet our campaign goals.
- PayPal Here is also cheaper than ActBlue, the leading donation collection mechanism for Democratic campaigns. Additionally, the donations are bundled and sent to us via paper check once a week which causes a delay in access to funds and requires trips to the bank.
Square POS is substantially similar to PayPal Here in cost and function, but it doesn't allow us to collect the necessary data for campaign finance reporting and compliance. In past campaigns we would have to process a card donation and then still make donors fill out an additional paper form. There is also no potential to save money like there is with PayPal Here. At least 30% of our donors have a Paypal account so that means no fees, and we capture their email to add to our email distribution list which means we can come back and ask for a donation again.
We have never had to use customer support in our time using PayPal Here because we have yet to experience any difficulty accepting donations and have never had a delay in receiving deposits as scheduled.
Do you think PayPal Here delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PayPal Here's feature set?
Did PayPal Here live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PayPal Here go as expected?
Would you buy PayPal Here again?
Paypal Here is perfect for when you're constantly on the go. Our campaign sometimes does 3-5 events per day and we always need the ability to take donations, especially when we've run out of donation envelopes. As long as you have an internet connection and a smartphone, Paypal Here makes it easy. Collect payments on the road, and all of the information for compliance is waiting for you when you log in on your desktop or laptop.