Review: "Pentaho - Fast and Furious Data Integration"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biPentahoUnspecified7.51001012014-03-28T15:42:13.670Z
Overall Satisfaction with Pentaho
Pentaho Data Integration is used to move data into our data warehouse solution, used for various projects.
- Data Integration. PDI handles pretty much any type of data source and can transform data and conform it to any type of business logic.
- Object Oriented ETl Coding. Code developed in PDI can be shared across numerous jobs/transformations. This allows for resusable and maintainable code.
- Flexibility and plugins. If the function that you are looking for is not built into the tool, it's fairly straightforward to either download or develop plugins. There is a huge community of users that build new functionality all the time.
- Scaleable and cloud ready. PDI is able to cluster and scale out to handle huge data sets.
- The speed at which some trouble issues get resolved could be improved.
The flexibility of the tool and the quality of support from Pentaho make this a great, relatively inexpensive alternative to the larger proprietary tools.
- We are able to be agile with our code development.
- We are able to have faster turn around on code development, integrate to standard tools like Git and Jenkins, and save time to release products.