Overall Satisfaction with PlanGrid
PlanGrid is used on almost all of our projects. Document management and drawing management are the most important functions we use it for. We like to incorporate all the project team into the cloud based interface to communicate the construction and design. All designers, subcontractors, and owners' stakeholders usually are invited into the project team.
- Plangrid's automation functions for naming drawings are impeccable.
- Plangrid's packet reporting function is great for locating photographs of field conditions. We use to create RFIs and document field conditions.
- Plangrid's punchlists are excellent for documenting and communicating the punch items to the project team.
- Hyperlink function works very well for linking plan details to floorplan/elevations.
- We usually link all supplementary documents (shop drawings, submittals, etc) into the the project cloud.
- Model interfacing - would like to see PlanGrid house a modified model.
- Better reporting structure - more custamizable templates.
- RFI Log capability.
- It has saved us tremendous amounts in document printing.
- It has allowed our office to hit green initiatives for sustainability.
- It has reinvented and enhanced old processes such as quality books and rfi logs that we use every day.
- Autodesk 360 Field and Adobe Acrobat DC
I have not used many products that compare with Plangrid. I've heard that AD 360 Field is a nice product and have watched some of its informational videos. We used to use a tablet version of Adobe - PDF reader which was not in the same ballpark as far as capability.