Overall Satisfaction with PowerDMS
PowerDMS is used by everyone in our organization for policy sign-offs and to view/search policies. It retains all version history and also documents when policies were signed by every employee. All policies are now in one location that can be accessed by everyone at work or remotely using the mobile app. The search feature on desktops and the mobile app makes looking for what you need very simple.
- Retains version history.
- Allows supervisors to view employee status with sign-off of policies.
- Works amazingly for accreditation.
- Allows for a one-stop-shop for all policies.
- It would be helpful if PowerDMS would allow administrators more options with the Timeout feature. Allowing different timeout options for different users would be great.
- Training can be difficult for new users. The Success Community and University are very helpful. An additional example may be helpful because not all tasks are the same as the example.
- Time saver. Everything is in one location. No more searching for signed policies or version history.
- Show off your business: files filled with forms and reports are ok, but when you can show proof as a video, it's much more interesting to the reviewer and shows a "real world" account.
- For the end-users, there is a very small learning curve. Most can work through what they need to do with little guidance. Additionally, younger employees are glued to their phones. The mobile app is great for them.
- One of the few negatives is that PowerDMS can be very user-specific. Our issue is that our IT has Internet Explorer as the default browser. If a user clicks on the link in their email to address items in PowerDMS, it does take them to PowerDMS, but through Internet Explorer. Another learning and reminder to send out to users.
We did not compare PowerDMS with others. For CALEA, there is only one option, which ended up not being a bad thing.
PowerDMS support is fantastic. Many times one can get the needed question answered by using the Success Community. If not, one can call or email PowerDMS and get prompt, courteous, English speaking assistance. They know everyone has different learning curves and never make one feel like a dumb question was asked. If it's more of a technical glitch, then there is a constant and quick follow-up on the issue.
Do you think PowerDMS by NEOGOV delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PowerDMS by NEOGOV's feature set?
Did PowerDMS by NEOGOV live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PowerDMS by NEOGOV go as expected?
Would you buy PowerDMS by NEOGOV again?
PowerDMS highly recommend for accreditation purposes and is the only option for accreditation management with CALEA. All policies can be loaded and then highlighted to the appropriate bullets in the CALEA standard. The same is for the proofs or examples that are required yearly. One can load Word files, PDFs, photos, videos, and links for proofs, training, policy, etc.