Cerner Practice Management Review
Katarina L. Rawdan profile photo
May 04, 2016

Cerner Practice Management Review

Overall Satisfaction with PowerWorks Practice Management

I currently support clients using PowerWorks Practice Management. This system is incredibly user friendly and intuitive as an "out of the box" solution for practice needs. The system is utilized by front office and back office/non-clinical users.
  • Scheduling - I personally enjoy the ease of use with the solution. It also has a great "memory" as to patient rescheduling, no shows, etc. Being able to create multiple schedules to reflect different practitioners is such a major plus in this system.
  • Customization - I am able to create Super-bills, Global Periods, and Insurance Details pertinent to each patient and not have to RECREATE them every time like I had to in past systems.
  • EOB - an added bonus is the ability for the system to check EOB ahead of time. This is a HUGE time saving in an office!
  • The interface with the EMR. The two are not connected and you have to toggle between the two screens...very frustrating.
  • Sometimes the system can be a tad slow...when running a speed test, it shows our speed is UTD.
  • PowerWorks Practice Manangement has improved my practice by capturing/checking claims that once might have slipped through the cracks.
  • At first, it can be an adjustment, as with any new system and users that were familiar with other systems.
I personally would use this system over any other systems currently on the market. Athena has a nice product...however, it can be quite expensive and the colors are draining on the eyes. eClinical Works also has a system that is comparable, but the customization I found wasn't as easy as the Cerner product.
Internal medicine
2-5 practitioners
It is great for a practice up to 15-20 physicians. It might be slightly expensivee for a small rural 1 doc practice, but the money accumulated through EOB checking is worth the expense in my eyes.

PowerWorks Practice Management Feature Ratings