Overall Satisfaction with Progress Sitefinity
Sitefinity is currently used to manage the content of our corporate website. The website we developed with Sitefinity, was originally 6 different and disparate websites, managed by different business units. Today, the now streamlined and data-driven website is managed by our digital marketing group for the benefit of the entire organization.
- The product was very easy to learn. With some assistance from a third party vendor, we were able to deploy the first release within 4 months.
- Progress/Telerik continue to put a lot of effort into improving and enhancing Sitefinity, which is already a feature rich product.
- The development and support teams for Sitefinity are amazing. They provide unparalleled support!
- Much of the documentation in the past has come from third party vendors. It would be great to see this come from Progress directly.
- Better regression of the product before each release. There have been cases where the product was released with new features but pre-existing and unrelated features were inadvertently broken.
- Better backward comparability of the APIs. Some APIs have been deprecated in the past or existing interfaces were broken.
- Operational efficiency has been improved from a content management perspective. The team is able to update content regularly.
- Since the product is integrated into the website, the development cycles have been significantly reduced, allowing for quick turn-around of features for the website or fixes to bugs.
We performed extensive research and compared a number of products. These included products from across the spectrum - some large "enterprise content management" platforms and some open-source platforms. Sitefinity stacked up well to the larger ECM products without the complexity and extended implementation cycles. Sitefinity was the Goldilocks of the options... "just right".
Sitefinity is a well-rounded content management system, without too many bells and whistles. In my opinion, Sitefinity is a great platform for any scenario, from small business to enterprise. I have been very happy with the product to date and continue to see good improvements.