Overall Satisfaction with Progress Sitefinity
We use Sitefinity internally to power our own corporate website. Additionally, we are a Sitefinity partner, so we implement Sitefinity sites for customers around the United States. Sitefinity is a powerful CMS that is easy to use, while at the same time is easy to extend and integrate into other systems.
- Out of the box support for news, blogs, forums, forms.
- Out of the box ability to point and click to create new, custom content types as needed.
- Rich API for developers to use in implementing solutions.
- Extensible platform to allow for integration with other systems.
- Improved startup time after developers makes coding changes.
- Maintain the site with less technical expertise
- Track and analyze the customer journey
- Personalize site content based on visitor persona and/or behavior
Sitefinity has an easy-to-use administration area that makes it easier for non-technical content editors to manage content of all kinds. We are currently using the Progress Digital Experience Cloud to track and analyze customer journeys from anonymous user to known customer. We use the build in segmentation and personalization features to provide specific content to users based on location and other characteristics.
We have created personas in DEC that map to our real world target customers. Then we generated content for these personas and use DEC to score visitors to determine if they are hitting the various touch points that might tell us they are for sure one of the personas. We also can track anonymous users from the first visit until they convert by completing a form on the site.
Sitefinity works well for sites/systems that need real content management capabilities. For example management of users, groups and roles, content approval workflows, multi-language support. If you are creating a custom line of business application that has no need for content management, this CMS might not be needed.