https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/6l/iz/G1F8UE30T9VO.PNGKentico for Healthcare/Physician PracticesI have used several CMSs in the past and decided on Kentico 8 for a large website project in early 2015. The stability of the software, the usability of the software, and the expansive options are all phenomenal. It is as user friendly for developers as it is for the end-user maintaining the site. The dynamic display abilities of the software are amazing. In this implementation, we have two regions in a state updating content and both marketing departments learned quickly and caught on quickly due to the ease of use of the Kentico backend management interface. The departments aren't very computer savvy but Kentico is quite comfortable to them, allowing for management of a very large site with no knowledge of web code needed quite easy.,The ability to create various user levels and access for large organizations is quite impressive. The user interface and WYSIWYG interface is very easy to learn and gain a comfort level for those not very computer savvy. The dynamic display of content is quite easy to achieve from a developers perspective.,I may be wrong, but there are so many options that it can be overwhelming to the end user making updates. I may need to investigate user access better. Draft modes of pages or content is not as user friendly as I would like it to be. A review module of new content added would be wonderful.,9,The Kentico implementation has allowed for much greater efficiency of maintaining the website and less time and money spent than our previous solution.,,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pages,,4,maintaining content on website blog posts job announcements,integration with outside vendors for user functionality truly dynamic display of various content,10,No,Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation,We evaluated many options and I wouldn't change the process or selection of KenticoKentico - a great CMS if your organization has the moneyIt was being used for the Southern Haemophilia Network; an NHS England commissioned network across multiple NHS Trusts. Kentico helped to create a new website for the Network which was essential for communication across the Network to patients, staff and the public on all of the work we were doing as a network.,Easy to use Intuitive Adaptable,Price More 'drag and drop' Better analytics,9,Communication benefits User friendly multimedia uploads Showcasing our work,WordPress,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesKentico User ReviewKentico is being used to manage our main company marketing website, as well as the website for our subsidiary. It gives us an intuitive platform for designing and maintaining content on our products, services and general company information for members and prospective members alike. It is easy to use and allows both tech-savvy and non-technologically oriented people to perform website maintenance.,User friendly for tech and non-tech people. Good workflow for approvals to ensure accuracy. Easy calendar option allowing for managing events.,Every aspect that I use to perform my job for Kentico is pretty user-friendly. I believe those that dive a little deeper may see some areas for improvement, but it is up to par for my needs.,9,We have completed two website refreshes within Kentico for our main Marketing site and are about to embark upon a refresh for our subsidiary site.,Adobe Photoshop,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesKentico CAN do!I use Kentico for my website which includes a custom searchable product database, a custom event submission & display page, newsletter sign-up forms, a blog, and various templates. It enables me to easily create and edit website content without requiring a web designer or web programmer.,I love the intuitive top and left navigation within the content management platform. I can easily find what section, sub-section, and page I'm looking to edit For creating content, the WYSIWYG editor is so intuitive; it feels like you're working on an MS Word doc! The tab for adding metadata in simple fields takes away the headache of having to hunt and peck through code to add H1 tag, page description etc. The image library is easy to edit and manage,Perhaps upgrade the dashboard's user interface to make it feel more like an app environment which is more modern and expected these days. The standard You-Tube widget doesn't always render correctly on mobile or desktop. not sure if this is the tool itself or the way the people who built out my site for me configured it Make it easier to add anchors to a page (i.e. when clicking a certain link it "jumps" to a specific part of a page) for a user that is not a programmer.,10,Implementing Kentico has allowed us to deploy a robust content marketing strategy We're now able to share our in-house knowledge and expertise on our website and have a digital "home" we are proud to be the first stop in our customer's journey We are now considered one of the leaders in the digital marketing space in our industry,.asp and .net platforms,BrightEdge, Google Analytics, SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management,Content Author / Administrator,100-1,000 pagesKentico is our single solution for creating any type of website!We use Kentico as the main CMS for our website as well as the websites of all our customers. Kentico CMS is a robust CMS solution that can be used to develop and kind and size of websites. The feature set and options available can help anyone develop website with ease and flexibility.,Ease of use. The out-of-the-box feature set of 450 web parts alone will help anyone create almost any type of website without writing code. Performance. Based on core Microsoft .NET technologies Kentico can handle any amount of traffic and users. If a single server is not enough the web farm support helps scaling of the required infrastructure. Extensibility. The Kentico API offers a wide range of programming interfaces for developers. If something is not there it can be easily developed using standard development tools such as Visual Studio.,Because of it's vast feature set the documentation could be a bit more robust and thorough. The support for standard html5 elements would be a good point to add when developing.,10,Kentico has been an extremely vital selling point for any website that we create since it offers all the characteristics needed.,Podio, Asana, Springloops,Developer,1,000-10,000 pages
Windows
Kentico

Kentico Reviews

Kentico
Top Rated Award
Filter 72 vetted Kentico reviews and ratings
Billy Rivet profile photo
November 13, 2018

Review: "Kentico for Healthcare/Physician Practices"

• The ability to create various user levels and access for large organizations is quite impressive.
  • The user interface and WYSIWYG interface is very easy to learn and gain a comfort level for those not very computer savvy.
  • The dynamic display of content is quite easy to achieve from a developers perspective.
  • I may be wrong, but there are so many options that it can be overwhelming to the end user making updates. I may need to investigate user access better.
  • Draft modes of pages or content is not as user friendly as I would like it to be.
  • A review module of new content added would be wonderful.
I think Kentico 8 is wonderful, but it for larger websites with true dynamic display of content needed. It is over board for smaller sites.
Read Billy Rivet's full review
Alex Kimber profile photo
December 28, 2017

Review: "Kentico - a great CMS if your organization has the money"

• Intuitive
  • Adaptable
  • Price
  • More 'drag and drop'
  • Better analytics
It is well suited for any department or organization that wants to create a website using a proper CMS tool. We used it across our department and it was easy to train users and have multiple updates all at once. Less suited to single users or small businesses who want to save money. In that scenario, I would use something free, like WordPress.
Read Alex Kimber's full review
Kate Wright profile photo
December 05, 2017

"Kentico User Review"

• User friendly for tech and non-tech people.
  • Good workflow for approvals to ensure accuracy.
  • Easy calendar option allowing for managing events.
  • Every aspect that I use to perform my job for Kentico is pretty user-friendly. I believe those that dive a little deeper may see some areas for improvement, but it is up to par for my needs.
Kentico is well suited for corporate websites needing flexibility for design and a fairly easy-to-navigate platform for frequent content/design updates. I imagine it would be less appropriate for a small business that does not have a significant technology budget.
Read Kate Wright's full review
December 08, 2017

User Review: "Kentico CAN do!"

• I love the intuitive top and left navigation within the content management platform. I can easily find what section, sub-section, and page I'm looking to edit
  • For creating content, the WYSIWYG editor is so intuitive; it feels like you're working on an MS Word doc!
  • The tab for adding metadata in simple fields takes away the headache of having to hunt and peck through code to add H1 tag, page description etc.
  • The image library is easy to edit and manage
  • Perhaps upgrade the dashboard's user interface to make it feel more like an app environment which is more modern and expected these days.
  • The standard You-Tube widget doesn't always render correctly on mobile or desktop. not sure if this is the tool itself or the way the people who built out my site for me configured it
  • Make it easier to add anchors to a page (i.e. when clicking a certain link it "jumps" to a specific part of a page) for a user that is not a programmer.
Well suited for marketers that do not have in-house web programming or web designing resources available. Less appropriate for people that aren't computer savvy (i.e. don't know how to use basic programs like email, Excel, PowerPoint) or for those who are not detail-oriented because if you skip certain steps when adding/editing content, your webpage won't render correctly and/or create negative impact for search engine optimization without you knowing it.
Dimitris Rakopoulos profile photo
July 28, 2017

Review: "Kentico is our single solution for creating any type of website!"

• Ease of use. The out-of-the-box feature set of 450 web parts alone will help anyone create almost any type of website without writing code.
  • Performance. Based on core Microsoft .NET technologies Kentico can handle any amount of traffic and users. If a single server is not enough the web farm support helps scaling of the required infrastructure.
  • Extensibility. The Kentico API offers a wide range of programming interfaces for developers. If something is not there it can be easily developed using standard development tools such as Visual Studio.
  • Because of it's vast feature set the documentation could be a bit more robust and thorough.
  • The support for standard html5 elements would be a good point to add when developing.
Kentico is ideal for any type of website. That might be a portal, an e-commerce website or even an intranet. Kentico has build in template websites for all those cases. Kentico would be an overkill for small website. It can surely be used but the entire feature set is so extensive that it would be a waste.
Read Dimitris Rakopoulos's full review
Eric Wiley profile photo
October 23, 2015

Review: "Kentico - Enterprise Value in an Inexpensive Package"

Rockfish is a digital agency. As such we build all manner of websites for large and fortune 1000 clients. The technology department at Rockfish has specialized in several CMS platforms -- Kentico is one of our featured platforms for CMS-style site development. Many other departments across have aligned across the use of Kentico as a development platform.
  • The primary selling point of Kentico is its tremendous value for the licensing dollar. When compared to high-dollar CMSs, Kentico provides a 95% of the functionality of a system like Sitecore or AEM at a fifth of the price.
  • The development model for Kentico allows for quick entry for developers and a relatively low learning curve. Setup and install is also extremely easy.
  • The CMS admin tool itself is quite intuitive and capable for easy ramp-up by non-technical staff members.
  • Among top-tier CMS vendors, Kentico has far and away the best support and documentation available in the marketplace.
  • Kentico needs to invest in more enterprise class environment management utilities -- example: global CDN support via the CMS is sorely lacking. There are work-arounds, but it should be more elegant.
  • The Kentico staging module could be improved to support the concept of bundled releases. Current staging module functionality is good, but could be improved.
  • Kentico ecommerce support is a touch immature. While content management is superb, Kentico lags in this area when compared to many open source ecommerce engines.
  • Kentico is lacking MVC support. 99% of the time this isn't an issue for the end-user or business user, but can be a hurdle for technology teams depending on the team's makeup.
Kentico 8 scales extremely well from project budgets targeted under 50,000 to projects well over 1 million dollars. I've successfully applied the system to both internal business applications as well as high-volume B2C applications. I would avoid using Kentico 8 in situations where the client has extremely specific administration needs.
Read Eric Wiley's full review
Albert Hovingh profile photo
October 23, 2015

Review: "Kentico > SiteCore > Ektron - Here's why"

We use it to provide custom websites to any kind of business. Kentico 8 offers the easy access of content on an admin and onsite level without requiring the expertise of years and training of programming that so many content management systems demand. I personally have used five of the most popular content management systems, and Kentico 8 is the only affordable option that provides the quality and ease of use that most businesses require.
  • Page Templates. I've never used any other CMS with the ease of use in creating and reusing the same template across multiple pages.
  • User management and security. This is very straightforward and simple when all you want is basic security for your content managers, but it's also granular if you need it to be. Allowing access or denying access to virtually any control or object in the site, or on the administrator side without the need of custom code
  • Keeping Custom code to a minimal level when using the portal engine. The Webparts that are built in cover 80% of all business needs, and customizing the rest is a breeze since it is built around .net.
  • The learning curve is much faster than with other systems such as Ektron, or Sitecore.
  • Custom modules are really cool if you want to package custom code to reuse on different sites and for the community
  • Global event handlers to hook into any change that is made on any document or object in the system. You can literally add any code you want and attach it to any event you want.
  • Automated Marketing in this system is rivaled by no other CMS
  • A/B variant tests are excellent for determining traffic on the site.
  • The Shopping Cart feature can use some work. There are excellent modules that make up for this, and I hear the next version has improved this, but nonetheless it is still lacking in the ways it can be customized
  • Calendar controls have to be highly customized to make it work right and look good.
  • The integration bus doesn't make sense for importing, and is lacking in documentation.
If someone wants a quick and easy site for under $1k, it's not for them. Kentico 8 is for businesses. Someone who wants a proper website, not just a few static pages.
Read Albert Hovingh's full review
Brian McKeiver profile photo
October 23, 2015

Review: "Kentico Rocks! Using the CMS is a breeze and E-commerce and Online Marketing are icing on top of the cake"

Kentico 8 is our preferred tool of choice when it comes to building enterprise class websites. My company, BizStream, has built over 100 web sites and applications with the platform. The sites that we create with Kentico 8 service B2B and B2C focused organizations that are looking to take their web sites to the next level. We use Kentico 8 because we feel it is the best ASP.NET CMS that fully integrates CMS, E-commerce, Online Marketing, and Intranet all in one. The platform also allows us to deliver our sites on time and on budget because it is leaps and bounds faster to develop in than other similar products in the space. Delivering a high quality web site is the main business problem that Kentico 8 solves for us.
  • Ease of use for the developer, content authors, and internet marketers that use it. The user interface in Kentico 8 truly is amazing and easy to pick up with no training.
  • Strong customization and integration capabilities, including the built in REST service, Integration Bus, and elegant API. I love the fact that if there is anything not in the box we can use the system to extend it or connect it to any CRM, ERP, or other third party service very easily.
  • Large out of the box functionality. There is an extremely high level of value that the platform provides. Instead of having to build extra modules for things like Event Booking, Forums, Polls, or E-commerce, they are already there for us to use.
  • Ability to control the HTML output of the site at a very fine level. Creating HTML5 is very easy in Kentico and implementing any design, as responsive, is totally possible in the system.
  • The ability to get a very high level of insight into the visitors journey through the website and market back to them with the Contact management, Lead Scoring, and Marketing Automation modules is very impressive.
  • The scalablity of the system is impressive. Running a very highly trafficked web site is totally possible with Kentico and its strong caching and web farm capabilities.
  • The support that Kentico provides is top notch, 24/7 global support is included with any purchase, 7 day bug fix policy, and excellent documentation
  • The development community is engaged and ready to help if you are a developer learning Kentico, and the Kentico partner community is very strong as well.
  • NET MVC has a way to go still in Kentico.
  • Some of the older modules that have existed in previous versions of Kentico have some dated HTML markup that makes responsive a challenge.
  • Some of the intranet modules are fairly week in terms of scalability. The document library, projects, and tasks functionality are not that great and ill suited for large uses.
Are you currently using ASP.NET technology stack? If so do you need to integrate with any third party systems? If so this is the right tool for you.
Are you looking to move into the cloud, specifically the Azure cloud? If so Kentico 8 is set up extremely well to play nice with the cloud.
Do you need to have a digital marketing solution for your site? Kentico 8 provides an excellent all in one solution for this.
Read Brian McKeiver's full review
Paul Colborn profile photo
July 07, 2015

Kentico Review: "Less IT headache and quicker changes"

Kentico 8 is used to maintain 8 public facing websites. Easy content changes can now easily be made by the multiple stakeholders. From the marketing team to branch managers, content editing is enabled. The content editing can vary by each users role and responsibilities. For example marketing can edit a majority of pages while, branch managers can only edit a few pages. This broad level of access and roles has really benefited the organization by allowing IT development resources to significantly reduce the amount of time spent on updates to webpages. It has also cut down on the last minute Friday afternoon fire drills requesting changes. From IT risks standpoint, it has reduced the need to do a production deployment of code based pages for simple content changes. All of the changes are still captured in the database and documented for IT risk with a date and time stamp. Oops changes can easily be rolled back to a previous version.

My overall opinion is very thankful that we implemented this system.
  • Enabling content changes to be made quickly by stakeholders outside of IT.
  • Adding seach engine optimization information
  • Geomapping
  • Continue improving the Sharepoint connector adding more functionality
  • Certified add-on modules, I think it would be helpful to have modules produced outside of Kentico that have been throughly tested and certified and supported by Kentico.
  • Better migration wizard
Kentio 8 is great for an organization that has an IT deparment, but wants to enable other folks to make simple updates. It works well for multiple URLs and provides access to multiple roles including development, marketing and very basic users. The editor was very helpful for end users to make changes without having to learn HTML.
Read Paul Colborn's full review
Brendon Lamb profile photo
October 30, 2015

User Review: "Kentico 8 is cool beans."

I develop Kentico 8 master pages and templates for our clients to use within their website(s). Kentico 8 allows us to create complex layouts that are still easy for non-web savvy users to edit and maintain.
  • Master pages and templating.
  • Page maintenance and updating.
  • Web form creation, particularly flexibility in regards to display of forms.
  • Not open source.
  • Documentation can be a little clunky to read through and understand sometimes - especially for inexperienced users.
While I couldn't recommend it to many smaller businesses, Kentico 8 delivers an excellent enterprise level CMS product. It's easy to use once configured properly; secure, and fast.
Read Brendon Lamb's full review
Jessica Hester profile photo
July 01, 2015

Kentico Review: "Kenti-CAN!"

My group created and designed PMC's intranet with Kentico 8 as soon as it was available. We also converted our external website to Kentico 8 not long after.

We set up a company newsletter that automatically gathers information from the current month's articles and formats it into an email template that we can send directly through Kentico.

Aside from our company's usage, we also develop Kentico websites for clients. We always propose Kentico if there is sufficient budget, because we prefer Kentico's flexibility and built-in features over any other CMS that we have tried.
  • Full-feature CMS - Kentico is the whole shebang; it includes analytics, social media, email marketing, and doesn't require plugins.
  • User Interface - Kentico's user interface was redesigned in version 8, and was a vast improvement over version 7. Things are easy to find, and you can customize your dashboard.
  • Flexibility - my group feels that we can build anything a client would want or need within Kentico, if for some reason it wasn't there already.
  • Their slogan - "Right First Time Technology" - I get what they mean, but some things may be lost in translation. This is a sentence fragment in English, and some clients may be turned off by it.
  • Easier to understand documentation - their official documentation could use an overhaul. All of the information is there, but most of their code examples need to be fleshed out a bit. This aspect of their product can be very hard to navigate for first-time Kentico developers.
  • Email Queue - this should be in the same section as Email Marketing; currently this is under Configuration
We base this on budget mainly, because we tend to believe that Kentico will out-perform any other CMS (including free, open-source options like WordPress). We've determined that Kentico saves our clients money, despite its up-front cost, due to time saved during development. We don't have to wrestle with compatibility issues or customize any plugins, which saves everyone hours of work.
Read Jessica Hester's full review
Gabriel Fuller profile photo
September 30, 2015

Review: "Kentico 8 is a Feature Rich Tool at a Great Price Point"

We currently use Kentico 8 for our corporate external website and for reselling to our customers. It provides an easy way for us to be able to provide a custom website to our clients that they can easily control, update and enhance. Overall, it addresses a lot of our requirements when it comes to building a custom solution.
  • User and Role Management/ACL: With Kentico 8's built in ACL features, we can get as granular or high level with access and permissions as we want. The ACL features allow tuning to the exact customer specific levels that are needed.
  • It would be nice to have something built in that supports reusing widget content across multiple pages. For instance, if I have a widget with a link that sends someone to a page, I would like an easy, built-in way to say: "I want this widget on these pages and in this order and to hide it on this page, and change the order on this page"
I would love to make it our standard product across all applications. Basically, I think this is a great starting point for any application that can then be enhanced through custom code development and extendible modules. The templates, editors, ACL features, security features, logging, debugging tools, and many of the other items make it a great starting point for most scenarios, in my opinion.
Read Gabriel Fuller's full review
Fayas J profile photo
August 05, 2015

Review: "All the Power, None of the Hassle, from Small to Large Kentico is a Miracle CMS"

Kentico started out as our CMS of choice for small to medium sized businesses, but it is now starting to replace even large projects that normally would warrant a 'heavy duty' CMS like SiteCore. Having worked in many different CMS systems, I find Kentico lightyears beyond SiteCore and other CMS systems because some systems will give you features, but it's a pain to build custom functionality. Others will make it easy to build custom functionality, but don't have the base items there (so you have to build everything from scratch). Kentico has both ease of use, ease of customization, and has been able to tackle every problem we've thrown at it. And since it's SQL based, all the information in the system is available so it's extremely flexible.
  • Ease of use for Customers to manage. The entire site is run through the web, and I mean EVERYTHING. Files, CSS, JS, Page Templates, the works. This means customers have complete control without needing a developer, and when they want a developer to help them both parties can simply hop onto the admin panel and work it out together.
  • Lightning fast development. Because Kentico has a portal styled Template system, you can build out the entire site in the web interface quickly. I have imported templates from places like ThemeForest in a matter of hours. You are not limited in any way shape or form, you can really integrate any website, any functionality into Kentico.
  • Open Documentation / Support. I've worked in some CMS systems where everything is hidden, you have limited API, and when you want to figure something out there's no documentation. Kentico has an extensive Developer Network, open to the public, with very in depth documentation, API examples, and even an entire "demo" site that anyone can set up that shows you how to use all the great functionality. Tech support is top notch as well, super friendly.
  • The only areas that could use some more fine tuning are some of their back end integration functionality. Some Event hooks are hard to fully utilize, but it's something they are looking to improve. Honestly that's the only thing I can think of.
I can't think of a situation where I wouldn't recommend Kentico. I've done small 'brochure' sites start to finish in 8 hours on Kentico, and we just launched a massive multi-brand site that has a custom product and asset integration system, with regional and lingual variations; integrations with external systems, it's massive. From small to large, I prefer Kentico. Only thing will be the price which while it's not 'free' it's also not a massive investment like some CMS systems.
Read Fayas J's full review
Virgil Carroll profile photo
July 27, 2015

User Review: "Kentico 8 - a consultant's perspective"

High Monkey is a web consultancy that has used many web content management systems in the past for both its own web presence (and blog) and its clients. We are started working with Kentico back in 2005. We use Kentico to enable complex content management for large public websites. Its strengths allow us to develop sophisticated web strategies for our clients yet enable ease-of-management for their administrators and SMEs. Kentico has been one of the best solutions we've worked with to provide clients with a substantial, easy-to-use (and learn) Web CMS.
  • Kentico's page interface gives SMEs and content administrators a simple way to update content, review changes and create a streamlined content development workflow.
  • Utilizing the Kentico widget framework, we are able to create components for content administrators to use yet force the adherence to style / functional guidelines established during the user experience / design phase of the project. This greatly increases the content owner's 'perceived' flexibility of the system, while still keeping the consistency of user experience in mind.
  • From a programmer aspect, Kentico has one of the strongest, easiest-to-use, APIs in the business. This allows for developer-centric solutions to highly complex problems, but also allows for the maintainability of custom code through the software upgrade lifecycle. Not having to re-compile and test all the time on version to version has been a significant time saver.
  • For those sites that are looking for a robust Web CMS solution and are in need of eCommerce, Kentico offers one of the stronger OOTB eCommerce platforms. We've gotten customers up and running in a short amount of time.
  • The Kentico community continues to grow and a number of experts participate in the Kentico Question & Answer area of their support site, which is really helping build confidence in the brand and provides better assistance than just always relying on Kentico Support.
  • As with most software companies, documentation can sometimes be a bit cryptic to read through. There is a certain level of knowledge that is expected when reading through it to understand how best to utilize it.
  • Though Kentico has been working these out over the past few versions of the product, I would like to see more emphasis on OOTB webparts being rendered according to responsive design best practices. There are a few that require re-work to get them to work well in a responsive design.
  • I would like to see more training offered targeted towards Kentico power users or administrators. Right now most training is geared towards the developer space (with some end user).
Kentico 8 is a very scalable web content management system. Many of the sites we built have thousands of pages; much re-used across the site. It has been very good at providing a solid interface to scale up content and content owners.
Read Virgil Carroll's full review
Mark Krolikowski profile photo
July 10, 2015

Review: "Kentico 8 might be the right choice no matter what size you organization."

Kentico 8 has empowered our clients to take their marketing initiatives to a whole new level - with great results! Plus, the ease of use and friendliness of the new tools and functionality allowed them to achieve this with minimal ramp-up time. Website administrators love the new UX of the Kentico dashboard and can now more easily optimize UI and brand messaging with reporting from tools like A/B testing. From a developer’s technical standpoint, Kentico 8’s improved IA, test automation, and enhanced API functionality allow us to more easily accommodate our clients’ business challenges to help streamline their online operations.
  • The easy to use dashboard.
  • The powerful automated marketing tools.
  • The great integrated developer tools.
  • SharePoint bi-directional synchronization.
  • CRM and ERP integration improvements.
  • Lack of asset management functionality throughout multi-site platform.
  • Form builder tool can improve.
If a client is looking for an easy to use WCM platform that integrates well with internal systems and provides "90%" of an enterprise solution toolset at a fraction of the price, then Kentico 8 is strongly recommended. Plus the Kentico EMS offering will truly allow you maximize your marketing initiatives.
Read Mark Krolikowski's full review
Brian Maki profile photo
December 09, 2014

"Kentico Content Management System Review"

BitWise Solutions is an Indianapolis custom web application development company. We use Kentico to provide our customers with a robust CMS that is easily customize by developers. Kentico delivers an enterprise ready content management system at a price that is hard to beat for all the functionality that it has. BitWise solutions is a Microsoft centric development shop. Kentico is built in asp.net and fully integrates with Visual Studio.
  • Easy to work with and customize from a developer standpoint. This makes it possible to deliver exactly what the client wants.
  • Built in asp.net and fully integrates with Visual Studio. Any asp.net developer should have no problems with Kentico
  • Tons of built-in modules and it's very easy to add custom modules and functionality
  • Great support and helpful community of developers
  • Enterprise level product at a reasonable price
  • It seems that pure aspx templates sometimes take a backseat to portal functionality but this is understandable from a big picture perspective.
  • The number of files in the solution is still an issue but this is improving with each version.
  • As Kentico matures it seems there might be a trend to make customization harder for developers. Hopefully is stays developer friendly.
Any company looking for a robust content management system that is built on the .net platform should look at Kentico for a solution. Kentico might not have the marketing budget of the other well known CMS solutions out there but it is a mature application and you will get a lot of value for your money when choosing it.
Read Brian Maki's full review
Jim Morrissey profile photo
December 04, 2014

Kentico Review: "Couldn't be happier!"

Kentico is being used for our external marketing website(s) and an internal portal for the marketing department. Our purpose of switching to Kentico originally, 4 years ago, was to alleviate and reduce "Time to Production" and reduce cumbersome processes. Little did we know how much Kentico was going to help with that. Automatic publishing, workflow and the overall ease of the API has alone paid for our license with Kentico.
  • Content Publishing is one of the most important features when looking at a CMS and Kentico supplies this with ease. One of our major pain points and reasons to drive looking for a CMS, is that our process prior to Kentico was very developer heavy: needed someone to make the changes in HTML/ASP or write a SQL script to plug them into our database and management of this was in several different spots to correspond with our chaotic Workflow. Kentico's document types make everything very easy as you really only have to set them up then non-technical people can come in and input the content, save and let it follow the workflow steps then finally publish in your page template.
  • Workflow and Versioning has been another area where Kentico just "clicked" with us. With a website that is constantly being updated like ours, it has been very nice to have a process that not only guides itself (based on rules we set up) but also provides versioning. This comes in handy on a daily basis.
  • Of course being a developer, the API. I have enjoyed my time working with the Kentico API. Unlike many other APIs, Kentico has done a great job setting it up plus providing documentation of a lot of the main focus that you can stem almost anything you want to do off of. Plus their technical support is phenomenal.
  • There are some confusing pieces and naming conventions to first time users in the admin/management desk but as you get used to it and know where things are (like any software), you are more than comfortable.
  • There are some aspects and features within the workflow that we would like to add to make it a little more automatic and enable publishing between staged severs but in its current state is more than applicable to our workflow.
Kentico is certainly one of the best software packages that I have worked with. From their free license to their paid licenses, I have worked with and implemented them all. You just need to make sure that it will fit your needs. If you're a .NET developer this is definitely the CMS to work with!
Read Jim Morrissey's full review
Howie Taylor profile photo
April 11, 2014

Review: "KenticoCMS is VERY ROBUST but not so simple to learn."

We use the software to manage 8 websites for all our affiliates. This product allows us to share information between the domains and gives us great control over how that information is managed and displayed.
  • Repeaters - This allows for us to programmatically build webpages without the need to build each page multiple times for multiple offices/products
  • Templates - With the use of templates, we can assign it to a page or site uniformly to provide perfectly spaced pages every time.
  • Support - Like Johnny on the Spot, the support team is quick to reply and always provides links for learning more.
  • UI - We are on 7.0 which has just about reached end of life, however v8 is out and am looking forward to seeing the UI made more intuitive
  • Terminology - Without reading the entire HUGE manual, the widgets and web parts available in the software are not self explanatory.
  • Steep Learning Curve - It takes months to become familiar enough with the system to diagnose minor issues.
This is great and flexible for medium to large size businesses with pages in excess of 100. The built in web parts provide functionality right out of the box allowing for just basic understanding of JavaScript and other database languages.
Read Howie Taylor's full review
Anne Munkwitz profile photo
April 11, 2014

Review: "Kentico's so easy a caveman could do it"

Kentico is being used at our agency to provide a CMS solution for clients seeking new CMS. It's a simple, clean UX for users and positive build experience for developers.
  • The site tree keeps management simple for users. Passing along this solution to a client leaves me feeling confident they'll have a CMS they can manage easily for years to come.
  • The preview mode and save>publish features work seamlessly to see your changes before publishing.
  • The ability to have multiple contributor levels has made it a great choice for users with many users providing content.
  • Perhaps the form management could be made a bit simpler. Have had reports of clients not being able to find how to edit or export submissions.
Seems best suited as a solution for large file management. Also recommend in instances where user requires a simple CMS management.
Read Anne Munkwitz's full review
Christian Twiste profile photo
April 08, 2014

Review: "Kentico CMS: Web Development Platform for all Occasions"

Kentico is being leveraged across the organization as the underlying Content Management System that provides a platform to develop custom websites for our clients. The solution empowers our clients to manage key aspects of the site directly and enables our development team to deploy new sites quickly and efficiently without developing a lot of custom code. The solution also provides tools to support in-browser development, code libraries, reusable modules, etc. that help streamline the development process.
  • Ease of use and thin-browser version works on all major platforms
  • Advanced functionality for power users including only marketing campaign management, in-browser development, etc
  • Customizable and extensible to support our clients unique needs
  • Scalable, high performance, and reliable
  • Excellent technical support
  • User interface can be overwhelming for novices
  • Feature set can be so large at times it is difficult to determine what you need for smaller projects
  • Some features could be more streamlined or templated
Kentico is very well suited to just about any web development project, but you will certainly need an experienced ASP.NET developer, CSS designer, and HTML coder to really take advantage of the platform. A strong hosting environment with redundancy and backup are also desirable, but overall the solution has supported every need we have thrown out at it for 6 years, across dozens of deployments and clients.
Read Christian Twiste's full review
Jon East profile photo
April 08, 2014

"Experienced CMS User Review of Kentico"

Speaking on behalf of my experience implementing Kentico for many organizations, I have found Kentico to be flexible and work for organizations with both small content management teams and large distributed content management teams. It is critical to understand the current workflows for generating and publishing content so you can setup the system to work for your organizations content managers vs requiring them to change their workflows.
  • Kentico provides a great developer experience. It uses current, up to date .NET technologies and has an open and extensible API, providing complete flexibility
  • Kentico provides an intuitive content management experience resulting in positive adoption by content contributors
  • Kentico is flexible allowing it to be used for organizations of all sizes
  • Kentico focuses on the "portal" model which is less attractive to experienced .NET developers. Thus features often come out for that model before the "aspnet" model.
  • There is currently no adaptive image solution for the "aspnet" model; however, they have a method for suggesting improvements. I have already submitted this feature request and it is under review! http://kentico.uservoice.com/
Kentico requires a .NET environment and experienced .NET developers. Beyond that take the time to understand how best to setup the project and make it work for your existing business users and content contributors to ease the process of change.
Read Jon East's full review
Phillip Duncan profile photo
May 01, 2014

Review: "Kentico - The CMS for Multiple Languages"

We use Kentico to manage two brand sites. One site is available in 23 language variations with the other being translated currently. It's used by the Marketing and IT departments for content publishing. It easily manages all the language variations we have for the different countries and users.
  • Translations and Language Management - with UI Culture Strings you can specify anything you want to be easily replaced with a language variation
  • User Management - Roles and Rights management is deep, but once you learn it's a powerful tool.
  • Search index is fantastic out of the box
  • UI is too busy but seems to be addressed in v8
  • Ability to define a global site and not have language unique pages show up for translation would be helpful for a large global company
  • Better blog and tagging
I've already recommended Kentico and know for a fact one local company has redesigned their site using Kentico.
Read Phillip Duncan's full review
Alexandra Morrow profile photo
April 12, 2014

Kentico Review: "CMS of Choice"

Kentico is the platform chosen by Bit-Wizards as our exclusive CMS and Enterprise Marketing solution. Our organization chose Kentico for the breadth of features and functionality for enterprise level custom solutions and the ease of use for our clients. We appreciate the level of support that Kentico's development and support teams have to offer our engineers and designers as well as our clients content managers.
  • Marketing Automation is the hot topic for marketers. Everyone wants to be able to automate the lead generation process because consumers want to discover the answer to their problems by searching your website. With Kentico EMS we can make better decisions regarding content to educate our consumers and automate the nurturing process.
  • The Kentico platform is tightly integrated with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. When our clients do not have the infrastructure to support a highly available and load balanced environment we are able to deploy those solutions quickly with no capital expenses for our customers.
  • Kentico's 24/7 support is critical to our clients. Although we always want to respond to our customers we also know that calling the Kentico support team can save them on our hourly rate when it is a content issue that they need assistance with. Open source solutions do not offer the same benefit.
  • At Bit-Wizards we do a lot of custom integration to third party systems. Although Kentico makes it easy to provide these integration points having a more tightly integrated solution for Dynamics CRM would help our Microsoft Dynamics clients.
The Kentico CMS platform has an offer for all organizations who are interested in an enterprise quality solution. For less feature rich websites, the base edition is suitable. The Ultimate edition is best for more mature websites and those who are looking for TRUE ROI on their marketing efforts the Kentico EMS product is a one stop shop for marketing automation.
Read Alexandra Morrow's full review
Doug Schaffer profile photo
April 12, 2014

Kentico Review: "Great for large scale, client-updated sites"

It is used to implement solutions for our clients. It allows them to manage and update their content without needing developers to handle small updates.
  • Syncing between development and production environments
  • Managing small updates
  • Allows for easy reusability of templates
  • Slow to load
  • Bulky to install
  • Naming conventions are not consistent with industry terminology (doctype, for example)
  • Can't directly import .net code in all cases, sometimes forced to use Kentico solutions which take more time to implement than just writing code to a code behind.
If it is a large site and a .net CMS is required, Kentico is a good way to go. From a development standpoint, I would not want to use it on smaller sites.
Read Doug Schaffer's full review
Christian DeLalla profile photo
April 12, 2014

User Review: "Kentico CMS"

Kentico is being used presently across my entire organization. We opted to implement the Enterprise Marketing Solution of Kentico because of its ability to support A/B and MVT Testing in email marketing. We also opted for this edition because we now have the ability to create and track campaigns along with personalizing content and having an all-in-one marketing automation platform and CMS in one.
  • Excellent Customer Support
  • Easy to use WYSIWYG editor
  • Excellent online marketing tool
  • Simple integration with online communities and social media
  • Easy to interpret web analytics
  • Kentico addressed the areas I felt it needed to improve with its most recent update to Version 8.
If implemented correctly, Kentico can be adaptable to any company within any industry.
Read Christian DeLalla's full review

Role-based user permissions (18)
API (15)
Internationalization / multi-language (15)
WYSIWYG editor (18)
Code quality / cleanliness (19)
Admin section (19)
Page templates (19)
Library of website themes (10)
4.8
Mobile optimization / responsive design (18)
9.6
Publishing workflow (18)
Form generator (19)
Content taxonomy (18)
SEO support (18)
Bulk management (18)
Availability / breadth of extensions (18)
9.4
Community / comment management (19)

About Kentico

Kentico’s product line includes Kentico EMS, the all-in-one CMS, E-commerce, and Online Marketing platform, and Kentico Cloud, the comprehensive cloud-first headless CMS and digital experience platform.

Kentico EMS’s rich selection of out-of-the-box web parts, easy customizations, and open API quickly gets websites operational. The all-in-one platform combines a full set of integrated solutions, including Online Marketing, E-commerce, Online Communities, and Intranet and Collaboration. Kentico EMS allows you to manage contacts and campaigns, track the customer journey, provide global e-commerce functionality, and measure and analyze the results to create and manage customer experiences easily in a dynamic business environment.

Kentico Cloud is the cloud-first headless CMS and digital experience platform. Users can manage structured content for multi-channel delivery, use the API-first CMS to display that content on any website or device, and track visitor interactions to personalize the digital experience.

Kentico has 1,000 digital solution partners and powers 25,000 websites across 100 countries. Founded in 2004, Kentico is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in the Czech Republic with offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Singapore, and Australia. Customers include Gibson, Twinings, Ingram Micro, Mazda, Kingspan, Segway, and Allergan.

Kentico Features

Web Content Creation Features
Has featureWYSIWYG editor
Has featureCode quality / cleanliness
Has featureContent versioning
Has featureAdmin section
Has featurePage templates
Has featureLibrary of website themes
Has featureMobile optimization / responsive design
Has featurePublishing workflow
Has featureSEO support
Has featureBrowser compatibility
Has featureBulk management
Has featurePage caching
Has featureAvailability / breadth of extensions
Has featureBuilt-in e-commerce / shopping cart
Has featureE-commerce / shopping cart extension
Has featureCommunity / comment management
Has featureMulti-factor authentication
Has featureUser-level audit trail
Has featureVersion history
Has featureSimple roll-back capabilities
CMS programming language or framework Features
Does not have featurePHP

Kentico EMS License for 10 Websites$39,999Lifetime License per Seat
Kentico EMS License for Unlimited Licenses$69,999Lifetime License per Seat
Kentico CMS Ultimate License for 1 Website$9,999Lifetime License per Seat
Kentico CMS Ultimate License for 10 Websites$29,999Lifetime License per Seat
Kentico CMS Ultimate License for Unlimited Websites$49,999Lifetime License per Seat
Kentico EMS Corporate$399,000Unlimited Users, Websites, Environments, Server Deployment, Source Code, Premium Support

Kentico Support Options