Projector PSA delivers quantifiable business benefits
Overall Satisfaction with Projector PSA
Projector PSA is used in the Professional Services and Managed Services businesses within my organization. It allows us to effectively manage resource allocation, resource utilization and delivers improved task management capabilities. Since the implementation of Projector we have increased the amount of billable time available to engineers and consultants, we have reduced the amount of time spent on administrative activities and have better management of projects which contributes to improved profitability.
Although Projector PSA has project management capabilities my organization do not use it in this regard. We continue to use MS Project and if required import (and export) the data from MS Project into Projector.
As a Professional Services organization it is key that we have access to accurate, real-time information on projects, resource availability, projected and actual project revenues and more. Projector PSA has comprehensive reporting capabilities which have recently been enhanced through the introduction of an advanced analytics module. We also use Salesforce as our CRM and are currently working on enabling the "out of the box" interface between the systems to allow for a more complete forecasting (resource availability and revenue forecasting).
- Resource Management - we are a national business and Projector provides us with the capability, in real time, to identify resource availability to meet current and upcoming project requirements. It allows us to
- Release management process needs to be improved. Currently no facility is provided to test the impact of new releases in a sand-box. This introduces business risk if there are interfaces into Projector PSA as part of it's use in the business.
- Increased employee efficiency. Implementing Projector PSA delivered a reduction in admin time for billable resources.
- Improved revenue and cost control of budgets
- Reduction in administrative support required to manage a growing delivery team
- Non-tangible benefits such as reduced staff turnover, improved capacity planning, improved the identification of skills (capability) requirements and improved customer satisfaction
During our assessment of alternate systems we examined the functionality of: ASTEA, Technology One, SAP, Microsoft Project Server, and Salesforce.com. Offerings were assessed against the following evaluation criteria: system functionality, application integration, implementation, implementation timeframe, user adoption, training, ongoing support, and cost.
Projector PSA was selected based on its ease of use, simple implementation, limited configuration required, functionality, implementation and ongoing costs. ROI was obtained in year one.
Projector PSA is a key business tool in my Professional Services (IT Consulting - design and deployment of infrastructure related IT solutions). It is strong in the areas of resource management - utilization/availability, billable/non-billable time, task management, expense management, actual and forecast revenue and project profitability. It allows for the management of multiple resource types (levels) across multiple (concurrent) projects, being sold at different rates.
Projector PSA has extensive reporting available and this has recently been further enhanced by the introduction of an advanced analytics module which provides for even more flexibility in how data is presented. There are a wide variety of invoicing options available and these cover standard templates for T&M and Fixed Price engagements with summary level or resource by resource, task by task level detail available.
I do not use Projector PSA for Project Management. Although it has functionality in this area we continue to use MS Project and when required input data into Projector.
Projector PSA Feature Ratings
Using Projector PSA
Non-billable - Management and Support staff
Billable - Consultants, Project Managers, Engineers
- Manage billable resource utilization
- Track costs and expenses
- Review actual and forecast billing
- We have in place a model where revenue for engagements is split across regions (based on the location of the resource). Projector PSA enhanced their system to include this functionality for all users based on this requirement.
- We have worked with Projector PSA to enhance the functionality based on our requirements in relation to cost management and reporting.