- Projects have a lot of flexibility in customizing your budget.
- You can generate any type of reports to fit your needs.
- Technical Support is on point - very responsive and follow through on every problem.
- Naming convention of fields can be confusing or misleading at times.
- Resource dashboard is not user friendly.
- Budget in Projector PSA sometimes does not tie to actual budget due to the timing of billing time and material. Projector PSA should include an option to account for the time and material billed and un-billed.
- Fast and easy time sheet entry for consultants - the web interface is well designed and provides enough validation to help prevent incorrect entries.
- The approval process for time sheets was very flexible, and allowed for simple multi-level approvals.
- The reporting capabilities were strong and detailed, with good access to detail and summary data.
- The split between the desktop and web environments was awkward at times.
- While the reporting modules are powerful, creating reports can be complex and required a fairly deep knowledge of the product.
- The appearance and interface of the desktop application appears somewhat dated.
- Very easy to use, intuitive, efficient web portal for users to put in time and expenses. In our previous system, the UI was very painful to use - this one requires almost no training.
- Very flexible configuration that allows use in a 'simple' way through to a 'complex' way. This is helpful for us to use it in a way that makes sense for our organization and to turn on specific features as we roll them out.
- The reporting module (and the data model underneath) is very powerful. We have managed to create our own reports very easily, that have been very useful to us and met our objectives.
- The application is currently split into two: the web portal (which users record time and expenses, and can do some reporting), and the management console (PC only). The console works really well, but it would be nice to have it all in one place.
- While the mobile website works well, some users would like to see a dedicated app that allowed for offline time and expense entry (say, on a plane).
It may be less appropriate for firms that rely very heavily on project management through another system (like MS Project) or firms that rely very heavily on a sales pipeline tracking system. While still very much possible to use, you would (I believe) have to do some re-keying between systems.
Projector PSA is used in the Professional Services and Managed Services businesses within my organization. It allows us to effectively manage resource allocation, resource utilization and delivers improved task management capabilities. Since the implementation of Projector we have increased the amount of billable time available to engineers and consultants, we have reduced the amount of time spent on administrative activities and have better management of projects which contributes to improved profitability.
Although Projector PSA has project management capabilities my organization do not use it in this regard. We continue to use MS Project and if required import (and export) the data from MS Project into Projector.
As a Professional Services organization it is key that we have access to accurate, real-time information on projects, resource availability, projected and actual project revenues and more. Projector PSA has comprehensive reporting capabilities which have recently been enhanced through the introduction of an advanced analytics module. We also use Salesforce as our CRM and are currently working on enabling the "out of the box" interface between the systems to allow for a more complete forecasting (resource availability and revenue forecasting).
- Resource Management - we are a national business and Projector provides us with the capability, in real time, to identify resource availability to meet current and upcoming project requirements. It allows us to
- Release management process needs to be improved. Currently no facility is provided to test the impact of new releases in a sand-box. This introduces business risk if there are interfaces into Projector PSA as part of it's use in the business.
Projector PSA is a key business tool in my Professional Services (IT Consulting - design and deployment of infrastructure related IT solutions). It is strong in the areas of resource management - utilization/availability, billable/non-billable time, task management, expense management, actual and forecast revenue and project profitability. It allows for the management of multiple resource types (levels) across multiple (concurrent) projects, being sold at different rates.
Projector PSA has extensive reporting available and this has recently been further enhanced by the introduction of an advanced analytics module which provides for even more flexibility in how data is presented. There are a wide variety of invoicing options available and these cover standard templates for T&M and Fixed Price engagements with summary level or resource by resource, task by task level detail available.
I do not use Projector PSA for Project Management. Although it has functionality in this area we continue to use MS Project and when required input data into Projector.
- Time tracking. For a service company that typically bills retainers, it is very important to be able to assign a direct cost to your resources at all levels and analyze your profitability.
- Expense reporting. Projector easily tracks expenses of all types and allows you to categorize them under non-billable projects, client billable projects and/or client development ventures.
- Reporting. Projector has a large list of standard reports right at your fingertips. These reports can be extracted as Excel docs, mdp files and other useful formats. They are intuitive, clear and easy to analyze. For those you need on a standard basis, you can set them up to pull on a recurring basis. It should be noted that all reports are easily customized and Projector's support team is always there to help get you the information you need.
- For companies with offices overseas, there is no place to denote your VAT.
- Aesthetics. Projector's web based view is fantastic, but the management portal is still a bit outdated and gray.
- Great for reporting expenses
- Great for entering time
- Great for processing invoices
- Good for pulling reports
- Needs improvement with GL integration
- Needs improvement with Project organization
- Needs improvement with expected amount of time submitted per day
Projector PSA Review: "Great PSA tool with deep focus on project management and resourcing, and much more!"
- Projector is a very well designed tool for project management. It has allowed us to eliminate a number of auxiliary tools for project timelines and WBS for the vast majority of our projects.
- Time and expense entry is intuitive and quick for our staff.
- Our forecasting and resource management capability has improved greatly with Projector and allows us to grow our team efficiently with minimal additional administrative burden.
- Reporting is extremely robust. It does require some time to really get a handle on the full functionality of the reporting tool, but once you do, you can get almost any kind of report you want out of the system!
- One challenge has been the user interface of the management portal, but that is currently being overhauled. The new design is being rolled out incrementally, and so far we've been very impressed with it, both visually and functionally!
- Projector is first and foremost a project management tool. Because of this, we had to come up with some workarounds for customized accounting tasks we needed that were not part of the native Projector logic, but we were able to get what we need done.
- One thing we did have with our previous PSA tool and that isn't available in Projector is an integration with MS Outlook calendar. That would be a great feature for our team.
- Projector is a very user friendly product and customizable to the business needs. Time and expense entry is very simple and easy to use. Their mobile app is also very user friendly.
- The reporting is very robust and has a lot of customizable reports. The best part is all of the data can be exported to Excel or other formats so you can create your own reports.
- The accounting interface is very good and we have had a great experience with it. There are many tools available to reconcile the details of transactions which makes it easier to complete period end processing.
- Projector interfaces with several major accounting systems and also with Salesforce which is very helpful to our organization.
- I think overall Projector has a great set of tools and is pretty good but some enhancements to the look of resource scheduling would make it very helpful.
- It has a lot of good features but needs a more user friendly help feature that allows for self learning.
- Projector is easy to use and understand. It is web-based so the information is seen in real time. The cost was reasonable for a beginning project management tool.
- Once set up and implemented properly Projector was able to produce all type of operational reports with real-time information.
- It also had many useful built-in reminders for people responsible for inputting their project data.
- The support I received from Projector PSA was outstanding.
- Most of the problems I experienced using Projector PSA for the department I selected it for, had more to do with management and the buy-in of a tool that required up-to-date input from project managers than the tool itself.
Projector PSA Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Projector PSA
These modules can be integrated with other programs (e.g. Microsoft Project, Salesforce, Quickbooks). Online demos and a free trial period are available.
Projector PSA Screenshots
Projector PSA Integrations
Projector PSA Competitors
|Team Edition||$15||per user|
|Professional Edition||$25||per user|
|Enterprise Edition||$30||per user|
Projector PSA Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Projector PSA Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|