Proofpoint just works
Updated October 22, 2019
Proofpoint just works
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email
Proofpoint's TAP product rewrites all URLs contained in emails that come to all of our email domains. The rewritten URL is substituted in place of the original link so that when the user clicks on it, instead of automatically taking the user to where the link points, it opens that site in a sandbox on a Proofpoint server before it approves or denies the destination based on anaylsys of what happens in the sandbox. Uusually they catch malicious URLs immediately although sometimes it takes them a few minutes or even a couple of hours, but eventually they notice nearly all of them, preventing my end users from infecting our PCs by clicking.
- Rewrites URLs in all our emails and very rarely misses one
- it works very well to protect our users from themselves and their bad habits
- Their admin web GUI is cumbersome and unclear in many ways. The learning curve is steep so you have to stay up on things yourself whenever a new feature or service is added.
- They sometimes add a feature to their toolbox without informing their customers. This is true even when the feature added does not cost extra.
- Proopoint has allowed my department to spend a lot less time mitigating the after-effects of all kinds of malicious emails, so that's a big time and money savings
Accounting. Because the frequency of phishing attacks via business email has drastically increased lately and almost all of them target the accounting department, obviously because they control the purse strings. Without Proofpoint, we would face potential infection and fraud in the form of (c-level officer) imposter spear phishing. Plus our users tend to click on URL links willy-nilly, and that includes accounting. If one of our accounting people were to inadvertently install a remote control malware, our bank account numbers could be exposed.
Yes, Proofpoint has done a great job of meeting our expectations and even go past them.
This product is a good idea for any organization that finds themselves the target of malicious emails of any kind. Whether it be phishing, maleware, attachments with nefarious installers, etc, Proofpoint TAP catches nearly every single bogus URL and dangerous attachment by opening those items before our user can get to them. Proofpoint saves our users from themselves.