Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
Pure Storage is being used across our whole organization providing storage for 4 locations up/down the eastern seaboard. Through deduplication, it helps in saving considerable storage space, and through IOPS, it increases productivity of virtualized servers & applications. Using Flash has also reduced heat associated with moving parts replacing an HP SAN on lefthand network technology.
- Pure reduces storage space via deduplication, particularly when the same OS is used across the board.
- Flash storage's speed has increased productivity by increasing the speed of server performance.
- Over the coarse of one year, only one maintenance issue needed addressed. It requires little to no maintenance to operate.
- It is monitored 24/7 by the vendor remotely. Any issues that do come up, will be known by the vendor at essentially the same time the company will.
- Training courses for managing and creation of storage, CLI usage, etc.
- Faster performance aided the user experience
- Data reduction enables continued updating of software without adding storage
- Updating Pure Storage without business operation interference during business hours is beneficial
Pure Storage seems well suited for virtual environments running VMware vSphere products where vmotion, vmfs volumes, and HP server hosts where the innate performance of flash technology promotes a smooth, fast operation. Snapshots are less impactful when the data reduction ratios of anywhere from 3.3 to 6.6 to 1 figure in.