Qlik Sense Review
September 05, 2019
Qlik Sense Review
Score 8 out of 10
Qlik Sense Enterprise
Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
Qlik Sense was initially purchased to retire our legacy reporting system but then was expanded at an organizational level. It is used to answer our inventory positioning, turnover metrics, measure sales KPIs, price overrides, etc.
- Qlik Sense provides a better interface for self-service analytics as well as guided analytics.
- Due to the power of Qlik's associative engine and the UI, users not only can see the data associated but also now have insight into what is not associated. For example what products are not being sold in a particular region? This is a major difference compared to other reporting tools.
- Data manager tells you which columns are associated and lets you build the data model.
- The new addition of insight advisor is an excellent feature.
- Ability to separate sheets into folders to provide better security for each team or group instead of base sheets and community sheets concept.
- Better mobile rendering capability and control of the display of objects.
- Ability to set up thresholds and system alerts at user level.
- Ability to print reports from a Qlik application instead of leveraging printing options where developers have to set up the templates.
- Users can see their sales performance more easily and can compare it to other users in the same role.
- The supply chain is able to monitor inventory more closely instead of HQ sending them reports manually.
We compared Qlik Sense to other visualization products that are available in the market and chose Qlik due to its scalability as an enterprise reporting tool, Qlik's extensibility in terms of creating your own extensions.