Overall Satisfaction with QlikView
QlikView is used across our whole organization. In the marketing department we use it for Business Intelligence to view margin, cost, categories, etc. It gives us really granular info about our skus and sales. I personally use it to decide which products to promote in marketing campaigns based on margin and bestsellers. We've also needed to understand the cost of an item in order to decide on promotions.
- I love how you can slice and dice data to get the answers you need about your skus and sales.
- QlikView gives me more detail than Google Analytics about how my categories are performing.
- Our BI team is able to use QlikView to answer almost any question I have about what's happening on our website. They can set up bookmarks of commonly used searches that I need to make it quicker for me to find the data I need.
- QlikView is not intuitive for the average user. You definitely need a BI team to set it up and help you use it, as a marketer.
- Our instance of QlikView does not provide cost data. I'm given the information I need but I have to do some math in order to come up with the cost we're selling a product for. This may be because our BI team hasn't set it up that way.
- You have to remember to use QlikViews navigation functions and not your browsers. And when I click from one tab to another, I lose my settings and have to start over.
- I'm a casual user of QlikView and maybe if I were an actual BI team member, I would have the knowledge to get around these obstacles.
If you don't have a Business Intelligence team to set it up and help you navigate, then QlikView is not for you. It is definitely an enterprise tool. I have to ask someone on our BI team to walk through any process that is different than what I'm normally doing in QlikView. You don't inherently know which tab to start with whether it's the Product, Marketing, or Trends tab. But it houses a lot of data is very powerful. I would love to have the time to really understand the tool and make more use of it in my day-to-day decision making.
QlikView Feature Ratings
I was not with the company 5+ years ago when QlikView was implemented, therefore I don't know if we were satisfied with the implementation. I know that we are in the process of switching to QlikSense after an extensive trial period. I am not involved in the implementation of QlikSense either so I don't know how the implementation is going. But obviously my company was please with QlikView enough to trial and eventually purchase QlikSense.