QlikView® is Qlik®’s original BI offering designed primarily for shared business intelligence reports and data visualizations. It offers guided exploration and discovery, collaborative analytics for sharing insight, and agile development and deployment.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/uu/7Q/P6U11J321R8S.JPEGQlikView goes deep into QuickBooks data -- a little training takes you a long wayMy clients use QlikView (or I should say that I use QlikView for my clients!) to build reporting and "dashboards" based on accounting and operations data. Primarily, we use the version bundled inside of QuickBooks 2015 Enterprise (called "Advance Reporting"), and have created very nice -- and quite complex -- reports based on the QlikView engine / modules. Specifically, we report on sales commissions earned by sales person, on a per-item, per customer basis -- great detail that is simply not possible without QlikView.,QV's #1 strength is the drag and drop visualization tools -- with just a bit of training, you can make some really nice looking charts QV's #2 strength is the simplicity of the filtering. Other SQL languages might call this "linking" or database structure ... which can be a pain.... but QV makes this easy. Further, once the data is inside QV, the ability to FILTER the data using check boxes is completely intuitive and simple. QV's #3 strength is its ability to work across platforms and integrate multiple data sources and multiple types of data. QuickBooks data is just one example of something that it can chew up with ease.,Like a lot of software, QV starts with a blank page. If you are like me, you dive in without reading the instruction manual. Big mistake. There is a rigid stepwise process that you must follow to make it work.... I've never used anything quite as powerful as QV, so I cannot compare this to many other packages. ... but with 30 minutes of training and an hour of practice, you can be pretty proficient.,10,,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, Google Drive, TeamViewer,10,10,2,,Sorting marketing lists or databases Evaluating sales metrics Analyzing production results from machinery -- any data file.,Financial Dashboards Sales commissions calculations SQL tasks on large spreadsheets,None... sorry!,9QlikView is a beast but great at slicing and dicing data!QlikView is used across our whole organization. In the marketing department we use it for Business Intelligence to view margin, cost, categories, etc. It gives us really granular info about our skus and sales. I personally use it to decide which products to promote in marketing campaigns based on margin and bestsellers. We've also needed to understand the cost of an item in order to decide on promotions.,I love how you can slice and dice data to get the answers you need about your skus and sales. QlikView gives me more detail than Google Analytics about how my categories are performing. Our BI team is able to use QlikView to answer almost any question I have about what's happening on our website. They can set up bookmarks of commonly used searches that I need to make it quicker for me to find the data I need.,QlikView is not intuitive for the average user. You definitely need a BI team to set it up and help you use it, as a marketer. Our instance of QlikView does not provide cost data. I'm given the information I need but I have to do some math in order to come up with the cost we're selling a product for. This may be because our BI team hasn't set it up that way. You have to remember to use QlikViews navigation functions and not your browsers. And when I click from one tab to another, I lose my settings and have to start over. I'm a casual user of QlikView and maybe if I were an actual BI team member, I would have the knowledge to get around these obstacles.,8,MicroStrategy Analytics,5,8,5In a QlikQlikview is being used in the sales department in our organization.It solves the problems with respect to business sales.,Qlikview allows rapid in-memory assembly of data (qvd's) from various sources such a database, flat files etc to produce nifty, integrated reports, it appeals a lot to the business users who get a fairly quick answer to their questions. Very easy to use and user friendly from a business user perspective as data can be shown in charts and diagrams which is helpful for high level executives. Easy to install and setup from an administrator's point of view.,It requires lot of memory in servers for it to perform efficiently since it pre-loads data. From a developer's perspective it's very complex to set up the loads and scripts in the qvd's and subsequently to the qvw. The support for Qlikview is not topnotch. Very hard to monitor all the loads from an admin point of view as if one load fails the qvw dashboard doesn't get the data in.,8,,7,Faster Lead conversion Business Users being very satisfied High level executives love the way data is being presented through QlikView.,5,Vendor implemented,9QlikView Positive ReviewWe are using QlikView as part of the reporting strategy at the university. Dashboards are being developed for different entities within the university and each entity is using it for its own purpose. We created dashboards to reflect the students' status and behavior, the status of the IT ticketing system and the status of the financial situation. The plan is for us to use QlikView now with the new data warehouse we're building to be able to report on the whole situation of the university from one source.,Fast applying changes to the filters Easy to deploy and needs minimal operation time It connects to all data sources we needed The online community is very helpful and it has a lot of data already,The Select Tables form needs major renovations Still has stability issues where it crashes frequently,8,,10,QlikView is used by around 150 users across the university with half of them coming from the medical center. All other departments are using QlikView for one dashboard or another.,10,6,9,50,2,Vendor implemented,9,9,10Qlikview reviewWe use QV to as our visual analytics platform for workforce analytics. Pros: Good data connection Flexible Easy to use Cons: Lack visual appeal in its default mode; Inconsistent behaviour when stretched capability,Layers Customisable Integration of ETL,Transition in visualisation Story telling Geo mapping as standard,6,Tableau Desktop,Tableau Desktop, TIBCO Spotfire Desktop Unpublished, Pentaho,6,3,8Choosing the Right BI Reporting PlatformQlikView is our companies go-to reporting solution. It is our frontend BI tool and is generally used to pull information out of our database. We provide a flexible "report builder" which is valuable to our end users who build reports off QlikView reports. This reporting tool is used across many departments: SEM | BD | Partners | SplitTest | Finance,Fast - everything is in memory so it moves away from the traditional logistics of reading data from disc. Interface is fast to develop. Once a thoughtful data model is setup. The frontend development is fast and allows a RAD environment. The server itself is easy to maintain. Maintenance is low and does not need a typical "sys admin" to manage this reporting server Visualization - Graphically beautiful and provides that "bells and whistle" factor,The relationship of how data models are put together in QlikView - it requires good level of technical understanding how models are put together. If they had an ERD like framework when opening up an existing dashboard it would be helpful. The licensing model QlikView employs financially does not make sense for growing small companies. The support of AJAX technology is not up to par with its predecessor, IE plugin. They could do much better job implementing the same features in IE plugin over to AJAX users. The migration will be much simpler since AJAX will be the standard under Qlikview's new future versions.,9,,8,1,0,Vendor implemented Professional services company,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,1,1,9,8,9,1User Review of QlikViewWe are a small consulting firm with remote workers. I run the QlikView Practice and focus on the consulting area. I use Qlikview internal for delivery analytics such as utilization and resource planning.,ETL! QlikView is the simplest product that not only provides great visuals for UI but it also handles complex ETL. Easy to implement. We have successfully installed QlikView server and desktop within one week with a fully functional dashboard published for end users. DATA DISCOVERY! The green/white/grey is such a powerful tool. The first thing I do when II arrive onsite with a client is connect to their data and jump right into the data. The grey is the most valuable. I can see what is NOT relating to my selections. This is not possible, so far, in any other business discovery tool. Set Analysis! Qlikview's set analysis allows me to calculate from the very basic to the super complex expressions. It does not take long to learn either. QLIK COMMUNITY! The community consists of master users and Qlik employees and basic to new users. It is a huge resource for all users and allows you to get answers quickly then copy script and/or dashboards so no need to recreate the wheel. ITS FREE forever and fully functional. You just cannot open licensed applications. What a great marketing tool. QlikSense will be free forever with the ability to share your applications! Just gets better.,Licensing model could be easier to understand. It is not bad, but takes a while for the clients to understand it. QlikSense will have a greatly improved licensing model from what I hear. QlikSense is covering for all the requested Qlik11 improvements. I think the 2 products will compliment each other.,10,Tableau Desktop,Birst,SAP Business Objects,Crystal Reports,Microsoft Access,MicroStrategy Analytics,10,Not applicable to our firm as we are small consulting firm.,8,8,,1,Sales trending . Data blending Data discovery,No,Price Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,I would not,Implemented in-house,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,9,No,7,No,Data load wizards Table linking Chart wizards Data discovery via list boxes,Layout on sheets Gauge wizard Scripting for those who are not skilled,Yes,7Share dashboards in real-time with QlikviewWe enjoyed the ability to share a session. This session allowed end-users to share a dashboard, manipulate it, and collaborate on the results in real-time. See more here - http://robertbgoodman.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/real-time-data-collaboration-by-qlikview/,Data must be properly structured to function within Qlikview. This applies to any in-memory tool, but it requires more effort than originally anticipated.,The ability to analyze trends and statistics on-the-fly makes a big impact to our admissions team. We are to better manage our admissions as a result of these analytics.,10,10,Provides in-memory dashboards for admissions data Allows admissions staff to quickly see trends on conversions and demographic dispersion. Then the data can be further sliced by dimensions such as FT/PT, Graduate or Undergraduate, etc.,,,Implemented in-house,8,Online training Self-taught,8,I would recommend purchasing online training. It was helpful during our implementation and will give your technical staff a steer in the right direction.,Yes,5Handles large amounts of data well, slick visualsIt does a good job of processing large amounts of data locally, so I use it to replace a lot of the analysis I do in Excel using vlookups and pivot tables. Nice graphics for dashboarding. Easy to flip between different chart types, dimensions and expressions.,Have had some performance issues the more users we have and the more we try to do with it. Does not handle joining multiple data sources together particularly well on the load or within the app. Some of the syntax is strange, so it might take a while to figure out how to write simple code using things like nulls and "not in". Year over year analysis if we want to compare the same day of the week instead of same date is really difficult since there aren't very good built in time functions. We either lose a couple days that the beginning or end of the year, or get caught up on leap years or other things like that.,9,10,Reporting business metrics to analysts and senior leadership. Data integrity/validation and operations reporting.,Don't know,10,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,For me it was, since I prefer learning on my own. There is plenty of information online, so I usually just Google it or use the QV community on their site to get answers quickly.,10,9,Database. Flat files.,Big data tools.QlikView - Jive AnalyticsExtremely fast data visualization. We can go from a high level view to the most granular detail in seconds. Associative search -- there are no pre-defined drill paths. You can visually explore the data and go anywhere you want. You do not have to drill down...and then back up. It makes the data exploration much easier. Very strong data loading capabilities. QlikView is really a platform that you can extend. You can incorporate it into web pages, integrate it with the R open source engine, build custom extensions, etc. QlikView has a "green, white, grey" color scheme. Green is what I selected, white is what is included in that data set, and grey is what is excluded. It is a powerful visualization tool that can show you what is included as well as what is excluded. For data junkies, it is an excellent tool.,If you are looking to analyze real-time data, QlikView is probably not the right tool for you. It uses static pre-loaded data, rather than live data from an external data source.,We can literally do in a few minutes what it would have taken us hours or days to do in the prior Business Objects tool. We can quickly get to detailed information to see what is happening in our community, who the power users are, what they are doing, activity trends, etc. We then use these insights to determine any changes we want to make in our user adoption strategies.,10,9,2,1,Our primary use is analyzing millions of rows of social collaboration activity.,,,Implemented in-house Professional services company,10,Self-taught,It depends on what you are going to do. For the high end users, training would certainly shorten the learning curve.,We did not do any custom coding to the platform. It is all out of the box.,No,7,9,10,10,Jive Software,We likely will integrate with Active Directory and Google Analytics in the future.,QlikView delivers fast and helps to make sense of your dataQlikview was used for a POC concerning an investissement department BI dashboard,Data Discovery made easy Point'n click report & dashboard building Basic Datalake on your desktop,Rights management and distribution of datasets and dashboards Dashboard ergonomics Third Party integration,7,,Drupal, Odoo, Sinequa,8,3,5Qlikview for frequent newsletter deployersQlikview is being used across multiple departments. Depending on your job you are selected and set up as a Qlikview user. We have some experts in it who lead troubleshooting and training and bookmarks. It allows our company to pull email campaign results quickly and efficiently. We are able to see things like click through rate, clicks, click to open percentages and gauge email campaign success.,It pulls consistently the same information. It is reliable to pull the data we need on email campaign analysis. We are able to refresh every week so it updates in a good time frame. Qlikview allows us to see a lot about the clicks. We can see click through rate and click to open percentage. This lets us know how successful a campaign was. Overall details. I can search across multiple products and see what is doing the best. Does a certain time frame work on A/B testing? Did one list work better than another list?,I think the bookmark feature could be a little better. Filtering can sometimes take up time and it would be nice to be more efficient with this. More details. I've never used Qlikview for example for heatmaps so it'd be nice if it did that. Programs like Eloqua show some finer details.,9,Eloqua,Oracle Eloqua, Kapost, Salesforce.com,8,8,7Incredibly fast in-memory model.Self-service In-memory performance Associative model Their UI from a development perspective, for developing dashboards. A lot of the components that you can place on a dashboard, i.e. filters, sliders etc. are handy You can spit out to Excel, PDF.,Out of the box, the governance and meta data management is not great. You can buy another product for that. Out of the box, you can get yourself in trouble. We have solved for that through business process and workflow. They are still a bit tied too Microsoft tools like Internet Explorer. Working on Firefox, Chrome, Safari is not the same experience. We would really like them adapt. For example, when viewing a line graph with multiple points on graph, if you zoom over a point, it will light up the bubble in IE, but we cannot get it to work the same way in other browsers. Performance tuning explain plans don’t exist. Our ability to do custom Ajax development – we would like to put in a widget, where we can do an uptime call and have nothing else change. No documentation etc. Documentation is ok.,Speed to market is the really big thing. You can attach to multiple data sources quickly and build a consumable model for a dashboard. It doesn’t require IT talent to build. We have built more dashboards and added more users in the last year, then in our entire history. I was at a company of 30k+ employees before, and we didn't have near this level of BI adoption. As a result, we are seeing benefits across business function. For example, within sales, our pipeline has much more visibility. It allows for much faster decisions on things like quotas. One of our biggest power users is in sales ops. She feels her dashboards load 10x faster than our previous tool and she can make changes on the fly.,10,8,200,1.5,Data visualization/ reporting for multiple aspects of our operations including sales, marketing, service, procurement, finance and IT.,,,Vendor implemented,8,In-person training Self-taught,,My team holds training sessions for our internal users every month. 8-10 of our staff attend each month. We have an intro class, and a power user class.,No,7,9,,,Various databases/ data containers including Oracle, SQL Server, Cassandra (which we use for time series event data, monitoring). We do not integrate directly to operational systems, e.g. for finance, CRM, but push data from those enterprise apps into a data layer, so that we're not taxing those operational systems with queries. We have also built a star schema data mart for the cloud.,,Make sure you do a bake-off to compare Tableau and other best in class systems like Microsoft, PowerPivot. Really understand their license modeling as it’s changed. They didn’t have enterprise licensing model when they started. You really need to think about the taxonomy of your users. For example, power user licenses are different from end-user. You also need to understand concurrency.
Windows, Linux, Mac
QlikView

QlikView Reviews

QlikView

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 13 of 600 QlikView ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
David Worrell profile photo

Implementation

"Implementation" can mean a few things... so I'm not sure that this is the answer you want.... but here it goes:
To me, implementation means: "Is the user interface intuitive and can I produce meaningful reports with ease?"
On that score, I'd say YES. The amount of training required was minimal and the results were powerful.
The desktop implementation is a simple, "blank" interface just waiting for your creativity. The pre-populated templates give you a reasonable start to any project -- and a good set of objects to "play around with" if you're just getting started.
Finally, note that the "implementation" I used was baked into QuickBooks 2016 Enterprise -- called "Advanced Reporting"..... That integration makes it ultra useful and simple.

Read David Worrell's full review
Melissa Best profile photo
May 24, 2016

QlikView is a beast but great at slicing and dicing data!

Implementation

I was not with the company 5+ years ago when QlikView was implemented, therefore I don't know if we were satisfied with the implementation. I know that we are in the process of switching to QlikSense after an extensive trial period. I am not involved in the implementation of QlikSense either so I don't know how the implementation is going. But obviously my company was please with QlikView enough to trial and eventually purchase QlikSense.
Read Melissa Best's full review
May 24, 2016

Qlikview for frequent newsletter deployers

Implementation

It has taken some time to get used to Qlikview and the backend team behind it. From understanding the new regulations on using less images and also pushing for more tools (such as full compatibility on desktop, laptop, ipad, phone). We were given training on this and have helpful tips to find analytics behind Qlikview but it is very much also a learn as you implement system.
November 13, 2012

Incredibly fast in-memory model.

Implementation

QlikView were here for a few days, and it was up and running. It was very fast.

Where it fell short, is they did the implementation in demo mode, and didn't initially work with us to help us scale. For example, should we consider a load balancer and multiple servers?. How much capacity can this environment handle from a data and user perspective. We had to learn on own by trial and error. We are bringing them in to do an architectural assessment, but we have to pay for this.

We are now bringing them back in for architectural assessment. It is a fee based engagement.

Pixel Perfect reports (33)
6.2
Customizable dashboards (45)
Report Formatting Templates (40)
Drill-down analysis (45)
Formatting capabilities (46)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (24)
Report sharing and collaboration (42)
Publish to Web (34)
Publish to PDF (37)
Report Versioning (26)
Report Delivery Scheduling (31)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (36)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (29)
6.0
Predictive Analytics (5)
Multi-User Support (named login) (39)
Role-Based Security Model (35)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (34)
Responsive Design for Web Access (28)
Dedicated iOS Application (16)
5.9
Dedicated Android Application (12)
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (23)

About QlikView

QlikView® is a data discovery product for creating rapidly developed, highly interactive guided analytics applications and dashboards, purpose built for business challenges. With Qlik’s Associative Data Indexing engine at its core, it allows people to explore freely, to uncover insights and data relationships across many sources that would otherwise be hidden in query-based or hierarchical tools. It offers guided exploration and discovery, collaborative analytics for sharing insight, and agile development and deployment that revolutionized the BI market. The vendor’s value propositions is that QlikView allows users to rapidly build and deploy analytic apps without the need for professional development skills, thus driving faster response to changing business requirements, shorter time to value, and more insight across an organization.

QlikView Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Has featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Has featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Does not have featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Has featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Does not have featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Does not have featureREST API
Does not have featureJavascript API
Does not have featureiFrames
Does not have featureJava API
Does not have featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Does not have featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)

QlikView Screenshots

QlikView Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional
QlikView DesktopFreePersonal Edition
QlikViewCustomPer License

On an perpetual license basis, based on server plus number of users. Contact vendor for pricing.

QlikView Support Options