Overall Satisfaction with RightNow
I have recommended and implemented RightNow/Oracle Knowledge to several clients. It is a value knowledge tool for an enterprise to use internally as well as with its external customer base. My experience with RightNow is primarily its design, implementation, and integration with the Contact Centers. While its design may be utilizing a departmental schema, RightNow is successful when managed and utilized by the enterprise. It solves multiple business challenges: a centrally managed knowledge management system, reduces content error through single point of authoring, publishing and management, realtime updates, and user relevance feedback.
- The process by which RightNow manages the creation, authoring, publishing, and management of the knowledge system.
- Reporting - extensive reporting capabilities.
- RightNow has the ability to "self-learn" from an AI like service. In doing so, users take advantage of what has worked well for other users and the amount of nebulous information is greatly reduced.
- Support for multiple languages.
- The implementation of RightNow knowledge is a rigorous task. I think the professional services required for implementation needs to be improved to make the transition easier.
- The upfront cost to scrub and clean the data and knowledge elements is the most expensive part of the project. Once the RightNow KB has been implemented, especially in a self-service mode, the ROI is fairly quick - less than 12 months.
It is well suited for financial institutions to share portfolio results and to guide customers through financial decision processes. It is a great tool to improve self-service containment. Through the self-learning mechanism, RightNow provides timely accurate portfolio performance information for its client users. I have yet to find an application that is not suited for RightNow. When paired with an external AI engine, like IBM's Watson, the RightNow solution is an invaluable tool.