Overall Satisfaction with Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen)
We use Saba TalentSpace as a performance management tool. Our managers use the 1:1 module to track performance and touch base on the goals and development plan. The feedback module is used organization-wide to send and receive positive feedback. We also use the LMS module and have created inhouse programs and also use a few third-party vendor programs for our tech, internal processes, and compliance trainings. Saba TS helped us move from a performance review culture to a performance management culture.
- 1:1 meeting module allows our managers to have frequent performance conversations with their employees. Previously this was done once a year.
- Goals Module allows the employees to have transparency on how their individual goals impact the corporate goals.
- Development plans allow employees to stay focused on the skills development they need and also help them with their career planning and growth.
- A separate test environment
- LMS can be more user friendly
- Expand the use to allow it to handle mentoring programs.
- Increased 1:1 Meetings
- Increased feedback company wide
- Majority of employees have goals and development plan
Saba was the only company that had all the performance management features we needed. We also like the appraisal process within Saba as we can track where the process is. Also it is helpful that all the performance management elements are housed in one system. Previously we had to do some of these processes manually.
This is very useful for an organization where employee development is a core value. I cannot think of where this might not be well suited. If you are a company looking to move from a performance review culture to a performance management culture then Saba TalentSpace is your solution. But like with everything you also want to implement this in a culture where top management supports the initiative.