Sage CRM Review: "Rollercoast of SageCRM over the years"https://www.trustradius.com/crmSage CRMUnspecified8.3491012013-12-04T22:37:25.097Z
Overall Satisfaction with Sage CRM
- Offers on premise solution and is fairly easy to extend out. This is a key for us as we have many custom databases to link. At the time we made the decision we needed the ability to link to stored documents on our local network shares.
- At the basic is it a fairly decent CRM.
- User interface and Experience is outdated by todays standards. Little to no use of AJAX or any web refreshing standards. Requires users to leave and reload pages.
- Sage as a company is very tight lipped with information forcing users to only be supported by resellers. With such a small reseller community in the US, gaining information requires a lot of networking with people to find scraps of information.
- No encouragement for information sharing.
- Database tables are inconsistent in handling of data between entities.
- Outlook plugins are buggy. Exchange integration when attempted during version 6 left my IT staff with battle scars.
- Focus from SageCRM is toward managing Companies but not as strong at managing People/Individuals.
- Improved back-end handling of business fulfillment.
- Trouble getting sales staff to adopt when they see much flashier leads solutions.
Give it a very deep look but try to picture yourself supporting this with a reseller relationship. In our case our reseller went under and was sold. We've been attempting to self support and grow but Sage as a company does not support a community of self running people. At the end of the day when the product has been delivered, it is up to your company or reseller to support this product. You will need to dig around the database/sql in order to keep it running.
Using Sage CRM
90 - We have everything from our Accounting Team linked into CRM with the ERP package which we tie into our Payroll vendor. No products come into the organization without first processing through our Sage platform. I'd say the sales and prospecting part is lightly used but I think that is more of the personality of a sales person than the software itself. Support team uses the package daily.
We will renew as we have a lot of money invested in making it work, and a migration to another platform does not make good sense at this time. Products at a similar price point offer more features and we are looking to possibly migrate data over to a more supported and supportable platform in the future.