Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce.com
Salesforce is used across the organisation to manage sales pipeline, performance manage sales teams and to hold and segment data for mailings.
- Automated workflow saves time
- Fields and templates ensure best practice by salespeople
- Wide range of plug-ins available
- Very high degree of customisation
- The complexity is more than most organisations need, or can usefully deploy, meaning most companies use a fraction of what Salesforce can do
- It is not intuitive and requires either intensive training, or many years' experience to master
- In reality, success is dependent on a strong, skilled Salesforce administrator. If this person leaves...God help you.
- Prevents lost leads
- Enables focused targeting of marketing and sales activity at the correct stage of the funnel to meet business objectives / targeting by segment
- Enables performance management of telemarketing, telesales and sales teams
Salesforce offers the best integration to marketing automation platforms and is the most widely used platform, increasing the likelihood that staff will have used it before in previous roles. It offers more functionality and that appeals over alternatives, though the truth is no one uses Salesforce broadly enough to see the value that they could. That's not Salesforce's fault!