Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce CPQ (formerly SteelBrick)
The use case for CPQ was across a 250+ employee salesforce. CPQ was implemented because my company had gotten to a stage where product and selling configurations had become complex. This became a huge priority in the fall of 2017 to implement. It was, without doubt, the biggest change in our sales process (especially within Salesforce) to date. CPQ was implemented to solve for complex pricing configurations, to increase speed and accuracy, and create workflows to maintain pricing integrity.
- native workflow w/in salesforce.com opportunities - that is a pretty essential characteristic.
- automating the quote, contracting and renewal process
- enabling reps to produce complex price quotes that can span multiple product lines and (to an extent) simplify orders
- This is not an easy product to stand up. when it comes to pricing for most companies selling an array of products, nuisances can really complicate your experience.
- If you need to quote multiple product configurations across multiple subscription terms, things quickly become quite laborious