Gusto Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Ed Hart profile photo
We utilize Gusto for payroll processing, paying contractors, employee benefits administration and employee onboarding. We've been on Gusto for approximately 2 years and it has been an upgrade for our payroll team and staff from the previous system that we were on and have been very pleased with it. The system is primarily used by the payroll and accounting team, however the individual employee user interface is very good and our employees use it for paystub info, managing PTO time and clocking in and out for hourly employees.
  • Payroll processing
  • Time Tracking
  • Benefit cost administration
  • One issue that we've run into with Gusto are some limitations around certain kinds of withholdings from contractor pay. We've had to employ some manual work arounds.
  • When we switched from semi-monthly to an every 2 week payroll, we experienced an issue with Gusto where the payroll days are slightly out of sync. This is another minor issue that we manually work around.
Gusto is great for a small company environment with a very lean accounting staff because it makes payroll processing really easy. It also has a modern user interface that employees like. If you just need easy payroll processing and are good with online time sheets, Gusto is a great solution.
Read Ed Hart's full review
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician profile photo
We use Gusto for payroll across the company. It's a small company though so there are many features that we do not make use of. Hopefully, in time as we grow, we will have the need for those features and we will begin to implement them into our payroll and benefits.
  • Managing payroll and making sure all the correct taxes are taken out and withheld is done by Gusto. They make it super easy and, in particular, very clear. Every time payroll is run you can see a complete breakdown of every tax and deduction and what it's for. I like that a lot.
  • Every time I receive a letter regarding new tax rates, workman's comp rules and regulations, new percentages from the dept of labor, etc. I simply take a picture and send it over to Gusto. They make sure to adjust my account accordingly. I don't need to know the specifics of what its for. They are VERY on top of things in that regard.
  • Integration with Quickbooks is easy and quick.
  • I'd like to see some of the features that are available on the higher-level plans be offered the Core plan, which is their starting plan. I get that when you pay more you get more, but some things could be made available.
  • On the flip side, I do wish that they would separate out their payroll form their benefits and create a separate plan where the only payroll is provided. This way, companies like mine that don't make use of the vast majority of benefits plans they offer can pay a little less just for the payroll service.
  • A little nitpick, but when I receive a notification from the IRS or a state tax agency I send it over to Gusto and they take care of any changes necessary. They provide an explanation of what the notice was for and what they did but very often it's using "industry jargon" and terminology that I don't understand. It would be great if they could break it down in a way that a person who is not a tax or HR professional can understand better.
If you need a payroll service provider, Gusto is absolutely great. They make the entire process simple, including getting set up and started with them. Running payroll cycles is incredibly easy and making adjustments each cycle poses no problem at all. For someone who is not HR and payroll savvy, Gusto has been fantastic. Since I'm not a payroll professional though I can't speak to what details and intricacies might be missing (if anything at all) for someone who needs every minute detail. It's possible there's nothing missing at all but I wouldn't know.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Christopher Cantrall profile photo
We use Gusto organization-wide as our payroll processor. Since we're a smaller business, having user-friendly tools on the administrative end is a huge help, since payroll is not being run by a dedicated HR team. We also love how it integrates easily with every other tool we need it to, from time tracking to accounting.
  • Incredibly user-friendly.
  • Excellent support.
  • All the necessary integrations.
  • Wish it had its own built in time-tracking to remove the need of a separate tool.
  • Live chat for lower tiers of service.
Gusto is well suited, in my opinion, to any situation where a company uses payroll. I honestly don't understand why, besides inertia, companies use ADP, Paychex, or any other competitors. Gusto makes payroll easy and that is how it delivers value to us.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Ian Hansen profile photo
We began using Gusto quite recently, and were pleased to find that they had done a lot of the forward thinking required to help team members join a company, have the necessary forms and payroll tie-ins taken care of, and track time off requests. Our company is using it for all of our team members and it has helped us bring the HR functions into one.
  • Good personable support
  • Developers help with custom forms by creating them when submitted
  • Time off request functionality is nice
  • There isn't an option to tie into an Office 365 shared leave request/vacation calendar
  • It would be nice if there were more pre-configured templates available for certain forms
  • Tie-ins to accounting systems such as QuickBooks or Xero could be expanded
If you're looking to keep all of your HR-related documents and time-tracking in one place, then Gusto could be a good fit for you. The user interface is friendly enough and their support is good, as well as decent documentation on how to set things up. Smaller organizations can benefit from Gusto and the cost is pretty good, although for larger more complex organizations, I'm not sure how Gusto would fit.
Read Ian Hansen's full review
Andrew Clark profile photo
We use Gusto to handle our payroll, HR, and benefits for our small remote team. Gusto makes everything incredibly easy for us. From both the management side and for our employees, Gusto handles all of the payroll and benefits details with aplomb. In a small team where the company leaders are also executing on day-to-day items like sales, marketing, and customer support, Gusto gives us one less thing to worry about.
  • New employee setup: It's very easy to add and onboard new employees using Gusto.
  • Employee portal: Employees have an easy-to-use portal where they can access paystubs, benefits info, and more.
  • Communication: Gusto is great with communication. Employees get an email every time they get paid, and all communication is delightful and friendly instead of boring.
  • Support: Customer support, both for the company and for employees, is EXCELLENT. This is one of the things that makes Gusto better than any payroll provider I've ever encountered.
  • Honestly, it's very tough to even think of one con. Gusto has absolutely nailed it for us, and if they do have limited functionality or areas they don't excel in, we haven't come across them yet.
Gusto is great for small-medium businesses who want their payroll and benefits handled in the most user-friendly way possible. They make everything not only easy, but also friendly and enjoyable to interact with. Their brand is excellent. If your business prides itself on taking care of employees, Gusto will help reinforce that idea, and will fit right in with your business needs.
Gusto would be less suited for companies looking to spend the bare minimum on payroll services, or very large companies with highly complex needs.
Read Andrew Clark's full review
Jeanie Watt profile photo
May 29, 2019

Mi gusto Gusto!

Gusto is a user-friendly, affordable payroll processing solution for our law firm.
  • Quarterly State employee tax reporting
  • Semi-monthly payroll processing
  • Excellent/responsive customer service
  • Amazon cards for referrals
  • Although I understand the financial reasons behind it, it is difficult initially to have to request an expedited (2-day) turnaround for payroll processing until the company becomes established with Gusto.
Gusto is perfect for our 12-member staff law firm. It is easy to use for both myself (the administrator) as well as the individual staff members, giving them access to their payroll information.
Read Jeanie Watt's full review
Gusto is a payroll and benefits provider. We use the system to provide payroll to all our employees and 1099 contractors.

In an ideal world, Gusto makes it easier to ensure payroll and HR compliance by workflowing elements of HR processes such as onboarding and termination. The greatest strength in Gusto is the theoretical integration with a number of other services such as Expensify, Xero and learning management softwares.
  • They have the best benefits comparison system of any of the systems I have trialled as we attempted to navigate benefits. (we did not purchase through Gusto)
  • If all employees and contractors are on direct deposit, payroll is very streamlined.
  • Gusto is very effective at invoicing the business owner.
  • In the scenario of our particular case, client feedback was ignored for months. On several occasions, by the time we received any interaction regarding the client feedback, it was months past, and frankly I have little interest in helping this organisation improve at this point.
  • By our observation, communications regarding tax errors made by Gusto have taken months to appear. The resolution was faster than communication, however, a communication to affected customers should have been provided as soon as the error was identified.
  • The "integration" with Xero was weak and perfunctory. I have no way to determine which categories my personnel expenses fall into and we were unimpressed with being forced from Xero to Gusto in the first place.
  • We did not try any of the other integrations as we had to cancel our Expensify subscription to cover the cost of our Gusto subscription.
  • Gusto will charge for all employees on the books - regardless of if they take a wage that month or not. Therefore, inactive employees cost quite a bit of money annually. This cost should be taken into account when compared to alternatives.
  • The "Direct Deposit" authorisation provides Gusto with permission to remove money from employee bank accounts. Frankly, this is not an acceptable risk to employees, however, is standard across the industry. (for example: what if the system is hacked and used to remove money from all employee bank accounts?)
If you want the ability to manage your own benefits, have a small team, and appreciate pretty and expensive apps, I think Gusto is probably a good solution.
We use Gusto to process out payroll checks. It connects to our timekeeping app for hourly employees and imports their hours worked. Gusto integrates with out HRIS system to import appropriate deductions for benefits and has customizable pay lines so we can add meal penalties, bonuses and reimbursements easily. Gusto is simple for our employees to use and the app makes requesting time off easy.
  • Easy to print a W-2
  • Easy to print paystubs and even pay summaries
  • More functional reporting
Gusto is great for startups and businesses that don't need a lot of BI, however it's a little less functional for large companies with a variety of different types of employees that have different PTO options and benefits. It doesn't auto sort personnel into like groups from our HRIS program, there's a lot of manual sorting.
We currently use Gusto to manage payroll and time off for our company.
  • Payroll.
  • Time 0ff requests.
  • State fillings.
  • Complex payroll (salary + owner's draw).
Gusto is well suited for basic employee management for small to medium-sized companies.
Lou Gallo profile photo
I use Gusto for managing my LLC and automating payroll for my S-Corp. Typically this can be an expensive thing to automate and skills required to manage tools like this can be hard. For me, having only one employee and trying to keep track of what to withhold, when to pay taxes and how to offer benefits was something I was not ready for. Gusto made this easy and simple without error or hassle. Taxes were paid on time, withholdings were done automatically and all necessary paperwork was filed quarterly.
  • Easy step by step setup from signup process to the automatic payments via EFT.
  • All forms and payments are done completely automated and electronically so no manual intervention. I set it up at the beginning of my first year and never looked at it until the next year when I did my taxes.
  • Payroll was easy, automated and simple manage for situations like overtime, time off and one time bonus payments.
  • Offering other pre tax benefits like 401K was easy to incorporate thru their partner apps.
  • As a small business Gusto really does it all. I have no request for more features as all the important things for me were there.
Small business and self-employed users with a few employees is best. It is focused on offering tools to make the requirements of running a business very friction free. No need to hire someone to manage payroll and benefits when you can just set things up quickly and Gusto was there from the start. The one thing I would say is they were immediate with their call. I signed up and as I was completing the steps, someone called my phone to ask if I ran into any issues or had any questions during my signup process.
Read Lou Gallo's full review
Graham Power profile photo
Gusto is used at our early-stage startup across almost 100 employees (company-wide) as our HCM software. It's simple software for managing and automating what are often complex processes like benefits enrollment. Part of the beauty of Gusto is how simple and fast it is to navigate and complete a task, such as requesting time off.
  • I found there was zero learning curve when we switched to Gusto from another small/mid-market HCM product. It's simple and intuitive.
  • The product has a personality...meaning, it's inviting - and doesn't feel like an overweight, complicated enterprise level HCM tool.
  • It's very self-service - I rarely, if ever, need to involve our PeopleOps team, except for questions about our actual benefits.
  • I recently found it challenging to retrieve basic info related to my dental plan like policy ID...not sure this is Gusto's fault.
  • Dashboard visuals for being able to analyze paystubs and see where money is going pre-direct deposit would be a nice to have.
  • Slack integration would be huge.
May not be robust enough for larger companies with way more complicated benefits and payroll structures. For SMB, it's best in breed.
Read Graham Power's full review
We are using Gusto to manage our employee payroll. We are using it across our entire organization and it has served wonderfully as our bridge because our team has expanded from a small team of part-time contractors to a small team of full-time employees.
  • Incredibly intuitive and easy to setup
  • Reliable. Works like it says it is going to
  • An incredible solution for teams that are scaling quickly
  • I do not have many suggestions here. I have been incredibly happy with the system. There are always small UI related things that can be done to simplify the system.
Gusto is well suited for scaling teams. If you are a founder managing HR duties, tools like Gusto can save you countless hours. Rather than trying to navigate the payroll system yourself you can use their product to quickly setup your team for growth.
We have used Gusto for our payroll for several years now and it's been pretty good so far. It provides an easy way to run a non-complicated payroll (great for startups < 20 people) and has an attractive UI/UX.
  • Nice UI/UX, at least for the desktop (though not so great for viewing paystubs on mobile).
  • Relatively inexpensive, especially compared to more robust solutions like ADP.
  • Easy to set up and run if you don't have a complicated payroll (great for teams < 20 people).
  • Although the payroll works well, HR Tools and benefits are lacking. Platforms like GoCo, BambooHR, etc have much more features and customizability.
  • Not well-suited for larger teams or complicated payroll schedules. Although I wish we could use Gusto for payroll longer, we may have to switch soon to something that's not as 'pretty' but that has the ability to run more complicated payrolls.
  • Pay stubs never seem to render correctly on phone. I've tried it with 2 different iPhones on different browsers but for some reason part of the paystuff is always cut off and can't be seen. Looks fine on the desktop website, though.
Gusto is well suited as a payroll system for small companies (2 - 20ish team members, 50 or so tops). It's a great product for people who care about great design and want to give their employees an easy to use payroll experience.
Jared DeLong profile photo
Gusto is used by our entire company for our payroll management. I do not personally manage our Gusto account, but from an employee's perspective I've loved using the app. It lets me quickly see a breakdown of my paycheck and also download various documents needed at the end of the year for tax purposes.
  • Gusto's interface is clean and easy to navigate. I can quickly find everything I need within the app.
  • Gusto sends monthly feedback surveys to everyone in our company. It's a great way to share what we love about the company and ways we think we can improve.
  • Gusto easily lets me download paystubs, various tax documents and review my benefits all in one place.
  • I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system.
  • Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details.
  • They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.
With how our management team is using Gusto, it appears that it's great as a tool to track payroll and allow employees to print out paystubs and other payroll documents. However, it doesn't look like it's well suited to see health insurance plan info, submit time off requests or other HR abilities.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Krystle Pinzker profile photo
I use Gusto for my firm's payroll and have been with them from the very beginning. As a technology savvy accounting firm it was important to have payroll that is full service and also fully integrates with QuickBooks Online. Additionally, Gusto is the only service my firm supports for our outsourced bookkeeping clients.
  • Integration
  • Customer Service
  • Employee on-boarding
  • Some liability accounts don't sync correctly, such as employee tips payable
  • Report options are basic
Gusto is a well suited for any small business that needs payroll. As a full service provider, they handle calculating and remitting all payroll tax deposits as well as quarterly and annual forms. The slightest misstep in reporting payroll can result in an avalanche of notices from the IRS or local tax collector. Even if your business did not make an error, it is a waste of precious time to resolve a notice. Even if you're experienced in preparing payroll or only have a few people on staff Gusto's full service offering will save you so much time and headache.
Read Krystle Pinzker's full review
Matthew Harris profile photo
Gusto is being used by our entire organization for benefits and payroll. It's a very simple tool and easy to manage and add users. Additionally, the user experience is very easy to navigate. The very simple user interface enables our employees to learn about benefits very quickly. It's also very easy for employees to view payroll info.
  • Simple user experience
  • Easy to manage benefits
  • Easy to navigate
  • Easier way to manage charity giving
  • More options for 401k
Gusto is perfect for small businesses that are looking for a good benefits and payroll solution. There are plenty of features and benefits to choose from, it is inexpensive, the customer service is great, the user interface is easy for employees, and has many other great features that are crucial to business.
Read Matthew Harris's full review
Ali Kothari profile photo
We use Gusto for all payroll needs with employees and contractors! Gusto automatically does all the paperwork and it takes less than 5 minutes to process payroll each month — 100% recommend Gusto!
  • Easy and intuitive to use
  • Cheap and cost effective
  • Easy interface and no paperwork needed
  • Would be nice if it didn't take so long for contractor payments to leave our account and hit their account
Perfect for small businesses!
Read Ali Kothari's full review
Dana Dunford profile photo
November 07, 2018

Highly recommend Gusto

Gusto is our payroll software and helps manage our HR. We use it across the entire organization, and it tremendously helps streamline and automate our HR services.
  • User experience is top notch
  • Communication frequency is just ideal
  • APIs and integrations make life easy
  • None at this time
Love Gusto and recommend that everyone use them
Read Dana Dunford's full review
Natasia Malaihollo profile photo
We use Gusto to process the payroll for full-time and part-time employees as well as contractors. Gusto also manages our state and federal tax filings each quarter. Our employees are able to access their pay stubs and tax documents all directly from the portal. Gusto makes it easy for anyone to get payroll up and running within a few hours.
  • Process payroll for full-time/part-time employees and contractors
  • File taxes with State and Federal agencies
  • Onboard new employees and set-up direct pay
  • Gusto can improve their options to add and track company benefits
  • Customer support response times can be improved
  • Multiple admin accounts on Gusto are a bit confusing to manage; admins that are not account creators have a hard time getting changes made.
Gusto is great for any startup or small business that needs out-of-the-box HR processing services. Gusto offers a great step-by-step wizard to add new employees and manage payroll. The user interface is incredibly intuitive and simple to set up. I believe Gusto is great to manage payroll for companies with less than 50 employees.
Read Natasia Malaihollo's full review
November 09, 2018

Gusto is the besto!

My company uses Gusto to track paychecks and PTO. We also store personal documents on Gusto such as W4, offer letters, I-9s, etc. Gusto makes it easy to see your paycheck history and view in-depth reports of each. They send friendly emails with fun facts about your pay report (like how many water bottles you could buy with your paycheck) The user experience at Gusto is phenomenal. They have a dancing pig upon login (how would that not make you smile?!) and the site is very easy to navigate.
  • Every payday, I get an email alert from Gusto congratulating me on getting paid. It's a great (and fun) reminder that the money hit my bank account.
  • The interface on the site is user-friendly. I will gladly watch a pig dance while the page loads.
  • Documentation of payroll - it's very easy to see when the last time you were paid, when is the next time you get paid, etc. They even have a report that lets you download all pay history!
  • There isn't anything I could honestly say needs to improve with Gusto.
  • Only thing I could hope for is an iPhone app!
My company is small, and I know it saves a lot of time on the one employee we have to do payroll and gives her time to focus on other items instead. She has confidence things are being paid correctly (state and federal taxes, etc.) with Gusto. It seems that it is scalable for larger companies as well!
From my understanding, the product is used company-wide. It's an easy and concise way to view and understand payment history. It's easy to navigate, and I no longer need to worry about printing or keeping track of pay stubs. It's electronically kept, and stored through Gusto for easy tracking.
  • The interface is intuitive.
  • The request time off feature is very easy to understand and use.
  • The organization of your information is well laid out.
  • There is a referral ad that's placed in the app, which probably doesn't apply to the most user using the application
  • 2 Step Verification should be mandatory
  • A lot of emails
I feel the application is well suited for a small to medium business, or companies that are rapidly growing. It's quick and easy to use and almost seems like an "anti-corporate" solution to HR and bookkeeping. I still see this application being used by all types of business, however.
We are growth stage venture, and based on reviews I decided we should use Gusto for our payroll for the company.
  • GUI
  • Service - While the software GUI is nice and they've done a great job hobnobbing with San Fran centric netizens for 5 star reviews, I regret signing up as my young employees are not receiving their pay before the holiday due to what I learned is a Gusto cross sales training event which closed the entire Gusto payroll service down before Labor Day. There was no notice on their site, no emails to customers giving notice, or anything. Starting around 1:30pm I called Gusto to finish set-up for our payroll so we could run it. I needed to upload a doc which requires notary for the Gusto set-up to be completed, per Gusto site, and there was no upload feature. I also had questions as I could not set-up payroll for employees in different states and run as separate payrolls as their set-up procedure locks the site down until all info as been completed for all employees in all states, regardless if different payroll periods. Anyway, I started calling Gusto sales support, payroll support, every number I could find, both 415 and many toll-frees. The sales support team number hit a voicemail that references them being out until the 23rd (today is the 29th), and every other number reached their after hours message stating to call back during normal business hours. I checked the Gusto website, and it states they are open until 5pm PT. It was 1pm PT. I sent emails and left voicemails, and no reply. I even reached an old employee by googling Gusto telephone numbers, and that person said she no longer worked there and to try the chat. Well, chat was not available and showing as it was after hours. I tried to google their offices to see I could a neighbor to check on the Gusto folks and whether their phone systems had been hit by a virus or something. Pictures of the Cheesecake Factory showed up, lol. If it was not for the grade A investors and $'s listed on Crunchbase, I would have thought this whole company a fraud. Who shuts down payroll support for all of its clients during normal business hours for a sales training and pizza (or perhaps it was cheesecake)? Apparently, Gusto. Anyway, my employees will not get paid this week. Hope the pizza was good! Would be funny, if not for my employees being paid late.
  • Stick with other, more mature payroll services or plan extra long lead times for your payroll service needs when dealing with Gusto as they may shut down the entire company for sales training or perhaps the new iphone release or a world of warcraft tournament. In fact, WOW may have been a better place to get support yesterday.
Where you have very long payroll lead times and random service support shut-downs is not a concern.
Jason Ackerman profile photo
While we do not currently use Gusto internally, we regularly recommend it to clients and help them with the implementation and integration with their accounting systems. The feedback from both the clients using Gusto and the accountants implementing it has been great, with people regularly commenting on the ease of use and setup, the intuitive interface and the seamless integration.
  • It is extremely inexpensive for what you get, especially compared to some other options. Their pricing model of monthly instead of per-pay run makes it great for companies who run many ad-hoc payrolls instead of a standard monthly or bi-weekly payroll
  • It is very easy and intuitive to set up
  • It integrates easily with both Xero and QuickBooks Online
  • Their support and onboarding team is extremely responsive and helpful
  • I'd rather the payroll entries come into the accounting system as a journal entry instead of as a bill (or least to have the option to choose)
Gusto works very well for small businesses, especially those that run ad-hoc payroll, which is common in small, closely held businesses. We have had a lot of success setting up companies ranging from S-corps where the only employee is the sole shareholder, to companies with several employees running standard payroll, and have gotten positive feedback across the board.
Read Jason Ackerman's full review
Becky Jewell Laughton profile photo
We use Gusto to get new hires onboarded and set up with HR items such as taxes, payroll, and health insurance.

The entire organization uses Gusto to manage HR and each employee has a Gusto profile/account.

Gusto offers a simple solution for managing onboarding as a whole, and it makes the filing of tax papers and payroll super easy. It allows employees to edit their own tax forms rather than bothering a payroll employee about the form. Overall it handles a lot of the paperwork and 'Hey can you change...' questions that a person would otherwise have to answer.
  • Gusto makes new employees feel welcome and appreciated rather than annoyed or inadequate (nobody worries about not having their forms).
  • Gusto's graphic design and UI make it fun to log in instead of a pain. This may not seem to be important but it really does humanize HR.
  • The quick editing feature that allows employees to quickly change their tax withholdings and then resign the tax forms is a godsend.
  • I don't personally like to use the tweet or Facebook share buttons. As much as our jobs are a part of our lives, I don't think it is necessary to tweet about how I 'get paid for doing what I love' . I LOVE gusto and I LOVE the fun facts in the payroll emails, I just don't want to share them!
  • For some reason, our org. uses both Gusto and Zenefits. I'm pretty sure we could use just Gusto, but there must be a feature that Zenefits has that we need.
  • I can't think of anything else I would improve given Gusto's current scale and the size of our organization.
If I started my own company today and I had a starting team of 10 - 50 people, I would use Gusto. I wouldn't even look at other options.

That said I feel Gusto would be fine at larger scales such as a company of 500 employees. I think Gusto is a much stronger product and much more elegant than traditional HR software such as Paycom. It's even more enjoyable than Zenefits, keeping in mind both softwares try their best to be painless.
Read Becky Jewell Laughton's full review
Austin Voigt profile photo
Gusto has been a great tool for monitoring my paychecks, working with tax forms and processes, looking at my personal income, and making it fun overall. Gusto has a fun, upbeat vibe to it, which makes it even more exciting to see the money you're making. It's great when they send out an email saying "You got paid today!"
  • Gusto is simple and easy to use
  • Gusto allows me to easily review my finances as they relate to my job
  • Gusto has been helpful during tax season, providing me with all of the documents and info I need
  • Gusto is sometimes too over-simplistic
  • Sometimes Gusto doesn't have all of the features we need
  • Gusto can sometimes lack detail
Finances aren't always the most fun thing to work with - but Gusto makes it happy and exciting, especially when you get paid. It's a great tool for those of us who enjoy having a simple, easy-to-use tool for reviewing our finances and staying up-to-date with payroll. It's a great tool.
Read Austin Voigt's full review

Pay calculation (19)
Support for external payroll vendors (8)
Benefit plan administration (14)
Direct deposit files (18)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (16)
9.4
Reimbursement management (11)
9.2

About Gusto

Gusto is a modern, online people platform that aims to help small businesses take care of their teams. According to the vendor, their products and services help customers onboard, pay, insure, and engage their team in one integrated, easy-to-use platform used by over 100,000 modern employers. Gusto aims to make taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping users manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto promises that users will feel like a pro no matter how complicated the situation.

Full-service payroll - According to the vendor, Gusto makes running payroll easy. Gusto automatically calculates and files payroll taxes, help keeps companies compliant, and provides awesome support.

Benefits that work for any team and budget - Gusto aims to make offering employee benefits a reality for any small business. Whether an organization is buying health insurance for the first time or wants to integrate an existing plan with payroll, Gust can provide expert guidance. They'll help with add-ons like 401(k), life insurance, and commuter benefits, which the vendor says allows companies to create a competitive package that attracts and retains employees. The vendor promises their modern, intuitive software and team of licensed advisors helps customers navigate benefits with confidence.

Gusto Features

Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Does not have featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Does not have featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Does not have featureStatutory form management
Has featureFlexible, automated payroll
Has featureBenefits administration, including HSA, FSA, and Commuter
Has featureStreamlined HR
Has featureAffordable, integrated 401(k)
Has featureWorkers' compensation compliance
Has featureCustom offer docs and onboarding
Has featureFlexible PTO policy options

Gusto Screenshots

Gusto Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, TSheets, When I Work, Deputy, Boomr, ZipBooks, Homebase, Ximble, a Paycor company, Clover, Accelo, Trainual, Expensify, eBillity Time Tracker, QuickBooks, Receipt Bank, Aplos, Kinderlime, Veryfi, ClienTrak!

Gusto Competitors

Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.$149/month$12 per employee/contractor
Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work$39/month$12 per employee/contractor
Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.$39/month$6 per employee/contractor

Gusto offers three simple pricing plans for payroll, benefits, and HR, so you can choose the plan that meets your business needs.

Gusto Support Options