Gusto (formerly ZenPayroll) offers payroll, benefits and compliance capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nm/vx/9S5W3RIP4HJ7.PNGAs an employee, I love GustoGusto is used by our entire company for our payroll management. I do not personally manage our Gusto account, but from an employee's perspective I've loved using the app. It lets me quickly see a breakdown of my paycheck and also download various documents needed at the end of the year for tax purposes.,Gusto's interface is clean and easy to navigate. I can quickly find everything I need within the app. Gusto sends monthly feedback surveys to everyone in our company. It's a great way to share what we love about the company and ways we think we can improve. Gusto easily lets me download paystubs, various tax documents and review my benefits all in one place.,I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system. Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details. They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.,9,It seems like Gusto helps our management team easily track and manage payroll. It cuts down on our HR team having to send us various documents that we may need. We can now just login to Gusto to get those. Gusto's email surveys are a great way for our management team to collect employee feedback to improve the culture and management of the company.,Gusto is an HCM app with a feel good, friendly vibe and refreshingly simple UI/UXGusto is used at our early-stage startup across almost 100 employees (company-wide) as our HCM software. It's simple software for managing and automating what are often complex processes like benefits enrollment. Part of the beauty of Gusto is how simple and fast it is to navigate and complete a task, such as requesting time off.,I found there was zero learning curve when we switched to Gusto from another small/mid-market HCM product. It's simple and intuitive. The product has a personality...meaning, it's inviting - and doesn't feel like an overweight, complicated enterprise level HCM tool. It's very self-service - I rarely, if ever, need to involve our PeopleOps team, except for questions about our actual benefits.,I recently found it challenging to retrieve basic info related to my dental plan like policy ID...not sure this is Gusto's fault. Dashboard visuals for being able to analyze paystubs and see where money is going pre-direct deposit would be a nice to have. Slack integration would be huge.,9,It's certainly helped us save lots of time on back and forth that can be focused on more productive pursuits.,Zenefits and ADP GlobalView HCM,15Five, Expensify, SlackExceptional Full Service Payroll for business owner's that don't need extra headaches!I use Gusto for my firm's payroll and have been with them from the very beginning. As a technology savvy accounting firm it was important to have payroll that is full service and also fully integrates with QuickBooks Online. Additionally, Gusto is the only service my firm supports for our outsourced bookkeeping clients.,Integration Customer Service Employee on-boarding,Some liability accounts don't sync correctly, such as employee tips payable Report options are basic,10,Peace of mind,Paychex Accounting Online,QuickBooks Online, Receipt Bank Practice Platform, Bill.comEasy to use benefits and payrollGusto is being used by our entire organization for benefits and payroll. It's a very simple tool and easy to manage and add users. Additionally, the user experience is very easy to navigate. The very simple user interface enables our employees to learn about benefits very quickly. It's also very easy for employees to view payroll info.,Simple user experience Easy to manage benefits Easy to navigate,Easier way to manage charity giving More options for 401k,10,Low cost benefits/payroll Easy for employees to use and manage,Neo4j, Google Analytics, HubSpot CRMProcess payroll in less than five minutes a month with Gusto.We use Gusto for all payroll needs with employees and contractors! Gusto automatically does all the paperwork and it takes less than 5 minutes to process payroll each month — 100% recommend Gusto!,Easy and intuitive to use Cheap and cost effective Easy interface and no paperwork needed,Would be nice if it didn't take so long for contractor payments to leave our account and hit their account,10,Cut down time on payroll from hours a month to less than five minutes. Worth every penny!,,Slack, Google Drive, ShipStation
Gusto

Gusto Reviews

Gusto
Top Rated Award
Filter 53 vetted Gusto reviews and ratings
Jared DeLong profile photo
November 08, 2018

User Review: "As an employee, I love Gusto"

• Gusto's interface is clean and easy to navigate. I can quickly find everything I need within the app.
  • Gusto sends monthly feedback surveys to everyone in our company. It's a great way to share what we love about the company and ways we think we can improve.
  • Gusto easily lets me download paystubs, various tax documents and review my benefits all in one place.
  • I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system.
  • Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details.
  • They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.
With how our management team is using Gusto, it appears that it's great as a tool to track payroll and allow employees to print out paystubs and other payroll documents. However, it doesn't look like it's well suited to see health insurance plan info, submit time off requests or other HR abilities.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Graham Power profile photo
November 20, 2018

Review: "Gusto is an HCM app with a feel good, friendly vibe and refreshingly simple UI/UX"

• I found there was zero learning curve when we switched to Gusto from another small/mid-market HCM product. It's simple and intuitive.
  • The product has a personality...meaning, it's inviting - and doesn't feel like an overweight, complicated enterprise level HCM tool.
  • It's very self-service - I rarely, if ever, need to involve our PeopleOps team, except for questions about our actual benefits.
  • I recently found it challenging to retrieve basic info related to my dental plan like policy ID...not sure this is Gusto's fault.
  • Dashboard visuals for being able to analyze paystubs and see where money is going pre-direct deposit would be a nice to have.
  • Slack integration would be huge.
May not be robust enough for larger companies with way more complicated benefits and payroll structures. For SMB, it's best in breed.
Read Graham Power's full review
Krystle Pinzker profile photo
November 14, 2018

Gusto Review: "Exceptional Full Service Payroll for business owner's that don't need extra headaches!"

• Integration
  • Customer Service
  • Employee on-boarding
  • Some liability accounts don't sync correctly, such as employee tips payable
  • Report options are basic
Gusto is a well suited for any small business that needs payroll. As a full service provider, they handle calculating and remitting all payroll tax deposits as well as quarterly and annual forms. The slightest misstep in reporting payroll can result in an avalanche of notices from the IRS or local tax collector. Even if your business did not make an error, it is a waste of precious time to resolve a notice. Even if you're experienced in preparing payroll or only have a few people on staff Gusto's full service offering will save you so much time and headache.
Read Krystle Pinzker's full review
Matthew Harris profile photo
November 14, 2018

Gusto Review: "Easy to use benefits and payroll"

• Simple user experience
  • Easy to manage benefits
  • Easy to navigate
  • Easier way to manage charity giving
  • More options for 401k
Gusto is perfect for small businesses that are looking for a good benefits and payroll solution. There are plenty of features and benefits to choose from, it is inexpensive, the customer service is great, the user interface is easy for employees, and has many other great features that are crucial to business.
Read Matthew Harris's full review
Ali Kothari profile photo
November 07, 2018

Review: "Process payroll in less than five minutes a month with Gusto."

• Easy and intuitive to use
  • Cheap and cost effective
  • Easy interface and no paperwork needed
  • Would be nice if it didn't take so long for contractor payments to leave our account and hit their account
Perfect for small businesses!
Read Ali Kothari's full review
Dana Dunford profile photo
November 07, 2018

User Review: "Highly recommend Gusto"

Gusto is our payroll software and helps manage our HR. We use it across the entire organization, and it tremendously helps streamline and automate our HR services.
  • User experience is top notch
  • Communication frequency is just ideal
  • APIs and integrations make life easy
  • None at this time
Love Gusto and recommend that everyone use them
Read Dana Dunford's full review
Natasia Malaihollo profile photo
May 21, 2018

Review: "Gusto is the Best Payroll Processing Service for Startups"

We use Gusto to process the payroll for full-time and part-time employees as well as contractors. Gusto also manages our state and federal tax filings each quarter. Our employees are able to access their pay stubs and tax documents all directly from the portal. Gusto makes it easy for anyone to get payroll up and running within a few hours.
  • Process payroll for full-time/part-time employees and contractors
  • File taxes with State and Federal agencies
  • Onboard new employees and set-up direct pay
  • Gusto can improve their options to add and track company benefits
  • Customer support response times can be improved
  • Multiple admin accounts on Gusto are a bit confusing to manage; admins that are not account creators have a hard time getting changes made.
Gusto is great for any startup or small business that needs out-of-the-box HR processing services. Gusto offers a great step-by-step wizard to add new employees and manage payroll. The user interface is incredibly intuitive and simple to set up. I believe Gusto is great to manage payroll for companies with less than 50 employees.
Read Natasia Malaihollo's full review
November 09, 2018

User Review: "Gusto is the besto!"

My company uses Gusto to track paychecks and PTO. We also store personal documents on Gusto such as W4, offer letters, I-9s, etc. Gusto makes it easy to see your paycheck history and view in-depth reports of each. They send friendly emails with fun facts about your pay report (like how many water bottles you could buy with your paycheck) The user experience at Gusto is phenomenal. They have a dancing pig upon login (how would that not make you smile?!) and the site is very easy to navigate.
  • Every payday, I get an email alert from Gusto congratulating me on getting paid. It's a great (and fun) reminder that the money hit my bank account.
  • The interface on the site is user-friendly. I will gladly watch a pig dance while the page loads.
  • Documentation of payroll - it's very easy to see when the last time you were paid, when is the next time you get paid, etc. They even have a report that lets you download all pay history!
  • There isn't anything I could honestly say needs to improve with Gusto.
  • Only thing I could hope for is an iPhone app!
My company is small, and I know it saves a lot of time on the one employee we have to do payroll and gives her time to focus on other items instead. She has confidence things are being paid correctly (state and federal taxes, etc.) with Gusto. It seems that it is scalable for larger companies as well!
November 07, 2018

User Review: "Gusto is great for start ups"

We use Gusto to process out payroll checks. It connects to our timekeeping app for hourly employees and imports their hours worked. Gusto integrates with out HRIS system to import appropriate deductions for benefits and has customizable pay lines so we can add meal penalties, bonuses and reimbursements easily. Gusto is simple for our employees to use and the app makes requesting time off easy.
  • Easy to print a W-2
  • Easy to print paystubs and even pay summaries
  • More functional reporting
Gusto is great for startups and businesses that don't need a lot of BI, however it's a little less functional for large companies with a variety of different types of employees that have different PTO options and benefits. It doesn't auto sort personnel into like groups from our HRIS program, there's a lot of manual sorting.
May 22, 2018

Gusto Review: "Great from an Employee's Point of View"

From my understanding, the product is used company-wide. It's an easy and concise way to view and understand payment history. It's easy to navigate, and I no longer need to worry about printing or keeping track of pay stubs. It's electronically kept, and stored through Gusto for easy tracking.
  • The interface is intuitive.
  • The request time off feature is very easy to understand and use.
  • The organization of your information is well laid out.
  • There is a referral ad that's placed in the app, which probably doesn't apply to the most user using the application
  • 2 Step Verification should be mandatory
  • A lot of emails
I feel the application is well suited for a small to medium business, or companies that are rapidly growing. It's quick and easy to use and almost seems like an "anti-corporate" solution to HR and bookkeeping. I still see this application being used by all types of business, however.
September 07, 2018

Review: "The entire Gusto payroll service randomly closes without warning "during normal hours" for employee events"

We are growth stage venture, and based on reviews I decided we should use Gusto for our payroll for the company.
  • GUI
  • Service - While the software GUI is nice and they've done a great job hobnobbing with San Fran centric netizens for 5 star reviews, I regret signing up as my young employees are not receiving their pay before the holiday due to what I learned is a Gusto cross sales training event which closed the entire Gusto payroll service down before Labor Day. There was no notice on their site, no emails to customers giving notice, or anything. Starting around 1:30pm I called Gusto to finish set-up for our payroll so we could run it. I needed to upload a doc which requires notary for the Gusto set-up to be completed, per Gusto site, and there was no upload feature. I also had questions as I could not set-up payroll for employees in different states and run as separate payrolls as their set-up procedure locks the site down until all info as been completed for all employees in all states, regardless if different payroll periods. Anyway, I started calling Gusto sales support, payroll support, every number I could find, both 415 and many toll-frees. The sales support team number hit a voicemail that references them being out until the 23rd (today is the 29th), and every other number reached their after hours message stating to call back during normal business hours. I checked the Gusto website, and it states they are open until 5pm PT. It was 1pm PT. I sent emails and left voicemails, and no reply. I even reached an old employee by googling Gusto telephone numbers, and that person said she no longer worked there and to try the chat. Well, chat was not available and showing as it was after hours. I tried to google their offices to see I could a neighbor to check on the Gusto folks and whether their phone systems had been hit by a virus or something. Pictures of the Cheesecake Factory showed up, lol. If it was not for the grade A investors and $'s listed on Crunchbase, I would have thought this whole company a fraud. Who shuts down payroll support for all of its clients during normal business hours for a sales training and pizza (or perhaps it was cheesecake)? Apparently, Gusto. Anyway, my employees will not get paid this week. Hope the pizza was good! Would be funny, if not for my employees being paid late.
  • Stick with other, more mature payroll services or plan extra long lead times for your payroll service needs when dealing with Gusto as they may shut down the entire company for sales training or perhaps the new iphone release or a world of warcraft tournament. In fact, WOW may have been a better place to get support yesterday.
Where you have very long payroll lead times and random service support shut-downs is not a concern.
Jason Ackerman profile photo
February 28, 2018

Gusto Review: "A Great Payroll Provider for a Small Business"

While we do not currently use Gusto internally, we regularly recommend it to clients and help them with the implementation and integration with their accounting systems. The feedback from both the clients using Gusto and the accountants implementing it has been great, with people regularly commenting on the ease of use and setup, the intuitive interface and the seamless integration.
  • It is extremely inexpensive for what you get, especially compared to some other options. Their pricing model of monthly instead of per-pay run makes it great for companies who run many ad-hoc payrolls instead of a standard monthly or bi-weekly payroll
  • It is very easy and intuitive to set up
  • It integrates easily with both Xero and QuickBooks Online
  • Their support and onboarding team is extremely responsive and helpful
  • I'd rather the payroll entries come into the accounting system as a journal entry instead of as a bill (or least to have the option to choose)
Gusto works very well for small businesses, especially those that run ad-hoc payroll, which is common in small, closely held businesses. We have had a lot of success setting up companies ranging from S-corps where the only employee is the sole shareholder, to companies with several employees running standard payroll, and have gotten positive feedback across the board.
Read Jason Ackerman's full review
Becky Jewell Laughton profile photo
February 01, 2018

Gusto Review: "Best Option for Small Companies"

We use Gusto to get new hires onboarded and set up with HR items such as taxes, payroll, and health insurance.

The entire organization uses Gusto to manage HR and each employee has a Gusto profile/account.

Gusto offers a simple solution for managing onboarding as a whole, and it makes the filing of tax papers and payroll super easy. It allows employees to edit their own tax forms rather than bothering a payroll employee about the form. Overall it handles a lot of the paperwork and 'Hey can you change...' questions that a person would otherwise have to answer.
  • Gusto makes new employees feel welcome and appreciated rather than annoyed or inadequate (nobody worries about not having their forms).
  • Gusto's graphic design and UI make it fun to log in instead of a pain. This may not seem to be important but it really does humanize HR.
  • The quick editing feature that allows employees to quickly change their tax withholdings and then resign the tax forms is a godsend.
  • I don't personally like to use the tweet or Facebook share buttons. As much as our jobs are a part of our lives, I don't think it is necessary to tweet about how I 'get paid for doing what I love' . I LOVE gusto and I LOVE the fun facts in the payroll emails, I just don't want to share them!
  • For some reason, our org. uses both Gusto and Zenefits. I'm pretty sure we could use just Gusto, but there must be a feature that Zenefits has that we need.
  • I can't think of anything else I would improve given Gusto's current scale and the size of our organization.
If I started my own company today and I had a starting team of 10 - 50 people, I would use Gusto. I wouldn't even look at other options.

That said I feel Gusto would be fine at larger scales such as a company of 500 employees. I think Gusto is a much stronger product and much more elegant than traditional HR software such as Paycom. It's even more enjoyable than Zenefits, keeping in mind both softwares try their best to be painless.
Read Becky Jewell Laughton's full review
Austin Voigt profile photo
February 01, 2018

User Review: "Gusto + Digital Paid Media Agencies"

Gusto has been a great tool for monitoring my paychecks, working with tax forms and processes, looking at my personal income, and making it fun overall. Gusto has a fun, upbeat vibe to it, which makes it even more exciting to see the money you're making. It's great when they send out an email saying "You got paid today!"
  • Gusto is simple and easy to use
  • Gusto allows me to easily review my finances as they relate to my job
  • Gusto has been helpful during tax season, providing me with all of the documents and info I need
  • Gusto is sometimes too over-simplistic
  • Sometimes Gusto doesn't have all of the features we need
  • Gusto can sometimes lack detail
Finances aren't always the most fun thing to work with - but Gusto makes it happy and exciting, especially when you get paid. It's a great tool for those of us who enjoy having a simple, easy-to-use tool for reviewing our finances and staying up-to-date with payroll. It's a great tool.
Read Austin Voigt's full review
Lauri Paxton profile photo
June 14, 2017

User Review: "Gusto -Easy to use but not perfect."

We use Gusto to do our own company's payroll and we also use it to provide payroll services to our clients, some of whom basically use it to do their own payroll and simply consult with us if there are issues or they need help, and others whom we do the entire payroll process for.
  • Gusto is very user-friendly in terms of employee onboarding - you simply enter some very basic information and the employee enters all of their personal details themselves.
  • Running payroll is quite simple as well, it guides you every step of the way, and you also have the option to pause in your payroll processing and return to finish at a later time. And if you do make a mistake you can always cancel the payroll run and start over as long as you do it before the deadline.
  • Setting up paid time off is quite simple and you can use Gusto not only to track paid time off but also for requesting and approving of time off as well.
  • There is a 4-day lead time required for direct deposit which doesn't always work well for smaller companies who don't have a lot of cash flow and would prefer to keep the money in the bank until much closer to pay day. Also, if there is a bank holiday during that 4-day period then you have to run it 5 days ahead of time. I've had several clients who simply refused to consider Gusto as an option due to this as they can have a 2-day lead time with many other payroll companies.
  • There have been several occasions when they have made a mistake in the payroll tax filings. When I first signed up with Gusto on behalf of a client (several years ago)they filed their local payroll taxes incorrectly for several periods in a row and I was told by the local tax agency that they did this not only with my client but several other companies as well. It took a long time to straighten this out, and they were not always prompt in their customer service response. Most recently they paid the state unemployment taxes a day late due to a "technical issue" - they say they are working to resolve the issue and will either get all penalties forgiven or cover them themselves - since this happened very recently I don't yet know the result of this one but they have been very pro-active on it so far.
  • The payroll reporting could be a little more robust and accurate, especially the YTD reports. For example when running a payroll we always want a report that covers only that payroll as well as reports that cover the entire year to date, however, if you try to print the YTD report on the same day that you run the payroll, it does NOT include the payroll that you just ran because it hasn't happened yet, so you actually have to log back in 4 days later in order to get an accurate YTD report. Also, you can't run a report for only one employee - you have to cover all of them even if you only need the information on one of them.
Gusto is great for small businesses who don't mind having the money for payroll withdrawn from their account 4 days prior to payday, and whose owners/administrators want a system that is cost effective, easy to use, and don't need reports that cover only specific employees. It's also great for small businesses who want to track paid time off and have requests and approvals all in the payroll system. They also offer some employee benefits such as healthcare, retirement plans, etc., however, the last time I checked on the healthcare they only offered it in a few states and mine wasn't one of them so I don't have any direct experience with any of that.
Read Lauri Paxton's full review
Leah Sevey profile photo
September 14, 2017

User Review: "I love Gusto"

We use Gusto throughout our entire organization. We process payroll, benefits, tax forms and time off requests. We recently switched medical insurance providers and it was incredibly easy to set up new options during open enrollment. I recently had a new employee fill out all of her required documentation and I was told that she had zero issues.

I love that I don't have to use multiple programs to check my benefits, paystubs and request PTO.
  • I get reminder emails every payday. It's a cute way to celebrate $$$
  • All of my upcoming vacations are listed on my Gusto dashboard so I can easily see when I off next and if I still need to request a specific day. It's much easier than scrolling through a calendar
  • All of my benefit information is listed in detail. I can also download my insurance card right from the website.
  • I really can't think of any. Gusto is so simple to use.
We are a small start up ~20 people. We don't have an HR rep or benefits manager on staff. Gusto makes it easy to manage payroll, benefits and other HR functions. It's inexpensive, saves us time and keeps everything in one place.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Jason Ackerman, CPA, CFP®, CGMA profile photo
August 16, 2017

Review: "Gusto is the best small business payroll system - hands down"

Gusto is our recommended payroll service for our clients. It's easy to set up and maintain and has a seamless connection to our accounting software Xero, QuickBooksOnline, and QuickBooks Desktop. They have an excellent accountants dashboard that allows you to switch back and forth between clients. They make it easy to run payroll while taking all the compliance off of our hands.
  • Onboarding - it's easy to set up new clients.
  • Electronic W-4 & I-9 - takes of lot of the HR and compliance off the clients hands by having the employee sign W-4 and I-9 electronically when they onboard.
  • Customer Service - you can always get someone on the phone if you need help.
  • It's good for companies with less than 100 employees.
  • It can't handle sophisticated multi-state payrolls.
  • They don't automate manual payments like garnishments, HSAs, etc. You have to go and print the checks and mail them.
Gusto is great for any company that has less than 100 employees and wants a great HR/payroll system. It's easy to set up, although I do recommend you have a CPA help you get started to make sure you are registered correctly. It's a low, fixed monthly price that allows you to run as much payroll as you want without worrying about paying more.
Read Jason Ackerman, CPA, CFP®, CGMA's full review
Andy Lutz profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Mucho Gusto with this payroll software!"

It's used by the whole organization. We use it for payroll administration and review.
  • Great GUI for users.
  • Easy to access and read pay stubs.
  • Love the enthusiastic emails when it's payday!
  • More guidelines on how to use Time Off / Sick Leave hours accrual.
  • More clarity on tax docs.
Gusto is great for managing payroll. It's super easy for employees to access and dig into personal finance details.

I'd recommend it to anyone!
Read Andy Lutz's full review
Eric Dunne profile photo
October 26, 2017

Review: "Give it a go with Gusto… HR is finally simple(r)."

Gusto is our primary HR resource for the company.
We use it to for:
  • Team Payroll
  • Contractor Payments
  • Benefits
  • PTO Requests
  • Team Calendar
It makes all of these tedious tasks easy to do and follow up on.
  • Easy to manage PTO requests
  • Easy to manage, hire, and pay contractors
  • Easy to extend offers and onboard new hires
  • Some of the features are a bit hidden and hard for new users to discover (i.e. it doesn't tell a new hire that they can't request PTO until 90 days. It just doesn't show that function at all.)
Gusto is a good solution for a small company looking to solve multiple HR needs with a single solution.
Read Eric Dunne's full review
Sidney Dowell profile photo
November 11, 2016

User Review: "Give it up for Gusto"

This is a payroll product that I recommend to my small business clients.
  • Very simple to set up and can be used for both employees and contractors.
  • Automatic state and federal filing with reminders about upcoming filing dates.
  • Excellent and responsive support.
  • Good reporting.
  • The integration to Xero is awkward and not scalable. That is an area that can be improved upon.
Gusto is an excellent product for small, start up and emerging companies who do not have in-house payroll expertise.
Read Sidney Dowell's full review
Benjamin Reid profile photo
October 07, 2016

User Review: "Gusto - get it!"

Gusto is used across the organization. Managing the creation of direct deposits and tax filing is a big benefit to us.
  • I like AutoPilot mode where I don't need to actually run payroll.
  • Most of the tax prep and filing is good. They miss a few local forms but are good overall.
  • The UI is clean and useful.
  • Changing from bi-weekly to semi-monthly payroll wasn't smooth. It was confusing and in the end we need to run two correction payrolls.
  • Support is good but slow. It often takes days or over a week to get a response. Got to step that up!
  • Need to get Commuter Benefits supported.
Might not be great for large companies but it seems like a slam dunk for smaller companies.
Read Benjamin Reid's full review

Pay calculation (8)
9.8
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
9.4
Benefit plan administration (7)
Direct deposit files (8)
9.4
Salary revision and increment management (6)
9.5
Reimbursement management (5)

About Gusto

Gusto gives users one intuitive place to manage payroll, benefits, and HR for their business. According to the vendor, new users can get payroll set up in minutes. With Gusto, the vendor handles payroll taxes, year-end forms, ACA compliance, time off calculations, and more, which the vendor says can save HR administrators time.

The vendor says entering data into multiple systems can lead to costly fines and frustration. So with Gusto, deductions are calculated automatically and all employee data is in one place. Employers, employees, and contractors can access Gusto with their own login, which is designed to make onboarding new hires easy. Gusto organizes important information for the entire workplace, so users have access to handy forms like I-9s, time off balances, phone numbers, and birthdays with one login.

Users always have free support from a US-based team of payroll and benefits experts.

Currently Gusto is used by over 60,000 customers nationwide, who span a wide variety of industries, from flower shops to professional offices to technology startups. The company has processed over a billion dollars in payroll so far.

Gusto Features

Has featureFlexible, automated payroll
Has featureBenefits administration, including HSA, FSA, and Commuter
Has featureStreamlined HR
Has featureAffordable, integrated 401(k)
Has featureWorkers' compensation compliance
Has featureCustom offer docs and onboarding
Has featureFlexible PTO policy options

Gusto Screenshots

Gusto Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, TSheets, When I Work, Deputy, NimbleSchedule, Boomr, Yaware.TimeTracker, Capital One® Spark Business®, QuickBooks, Receipt Bank

Gusto Competitors

Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.$149/month$12 per employee/contractor
Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work$39/month$12 per employee/contractor
Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.$39/month$6 per employee/contractor

Gusto offers three simple pricing plans for payroll, benefits, and HR, so you can choose the plan that meets your business needs. Learn about plans: gusto.com/product/pricing

Gusto Support Options