Gusto Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Ed Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Gusto makes payroll processing easy

We utilize Gusto for payroll processing, paying contractors, employee benefits administration and employee onboarding. We've been on Gusto for approximately 2 years and it has been an upgrade for our payroll team and staff from the previous system that we were on and have been very pleased with it. The system is primarily used by the payroll and accounting team, however the individual employee user interface is very good and our employees use it for paystub info, managing PTO time and clocking in and out for hourly employees.
  • Payroll processing
  • Time Tracking
  • Benefit cost administration
  • One issue that we've run into with Gusto are some limitations around certain kinds of withholdings from contractor pay. We've had to employ some manual work arounds.
  • When we switched from semi-monthly to an every 2 week payroll, we experienced an issue with Gusto where the payroll days are slightly out of sync. This is another minor issue that we manually work around.
Gusto is great for a small company environment with a very lean accounting staff because it makes payroll processing really easy. It also has a modern user interface that employees like. If you just need easy payroll processing and are good with online time sheets, Gusto is a great solution.
Read Ed Hart's full review
Jonathan Yarbor | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Gusto saves the day for Payroll

We use Gusto to make sure employees get paid on time, have access to benefits, and the company is tax compliant. Their all-in-one solution makes it super simple to stay compliant with multiple states and the changing tax requirements. We simply can focus on supporting the wonderful people that work at Nodecraft instead of worrying about compliance. They also provide a ton of extra services to make sure our employees are happy, on-boarded correctly, and have access to a suite of financial tools to help them.
  • Payroll
  • Benefits Management
  • Automated Monthly Reimbursement
  • External Benefits
Gusto is well suited for any startup or small business that lacks a full time HR position in the company. The fact that they are available for a phone call or chat at any time means that you feel like you've got the paperwork side of HR taken care of, so you can just focus on the business and the people working for you.

In places I wouldn't see this useful is much larger organizations, but I could be wrong from a distinct lack of experience.
Read Jonathan Yarbor's full review
Andrea Mitchell, MSW, APSW | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

Very simple to use and saves a lot of time

I use Gusto for our entire organization which is a small business of 10 people. We use it for payroll and have added insurance and 401k integrations as the company has grown. The software is perfect for me because I started the company without having a background in business at all and appreciate that I don't have to do anything myself. All onboarding, taxes, deductions, etc. are all taken care of. I have to do very little.
  • Self on-boarding.
  • Benefits integration.
  • Holiday pay for part-time.
  • Employees being able to add own reimbursements such as mileage.
Gusto is perfect for a small business such as ours where the person doing payroll has a lot of roles to fill and does not have time or the knowledge to keep track of everything that goes along with payroll and taxes. It is a lifesaver that Gusto does self-onboarding, files documents, and has easy to understand report features.
I do spend a little bit of time checking self-reported timesheets which might get tedious for larger companies and not all features work particularly well for part-time staff.
Read Andrea Mitchell, MSW, APSW's full review
Sander Kallshian | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

User friendly with many 3rd party integrations that make our lives easier.

We use Gusto to handle all of our payroll needs. It is integrated with our timekeeping and HR software for seamless synchronization, and employee access to their own documents (W2, paystubs, etc) is very convenient. This reduces the amount of time management has to spend providing documents, and reduces errors in payroll processing almost entirely.
  • 3rd-party timesheet integrations make processing payroll possible in less than 10 minutes.
  • Employee self-access portals provide documentation without the need to contact HR.
  • Tax payments and deduction management are simple and reduce workloads.
  • No mobile app.
  • Base plan prices have increased.
Gusto is great for businesses of all sizes, but we find it particularly good for our very small business because it takes care of tasks that we would not normally know about, and does so with very simple explanations. When we have had issues (whether our own fault or not) we have always received the support we needed to get it resolved. At one point we had an issue with tax payments being remitted on a different schedule than was required by our state, and Gusto contacted them to clarify and remedy the error.
Read Sander Kallshian's full review
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 17, 2019

Gusto Is A No-Brainer For Startups, Small & Medium-Sized Businesses With Employees

We use Gusto to run payroll, issue bonuses, manage withholding and income tax liabilities and payments, and automate all the bookkeeping associated with all of this through its seamless and extremely easy-to-use integration with Xero. Such a breeze to set up and use, minimizes the time and effort to complete these tasks by magnitudes.
  • Integration with Xero
  • Keep salaries and taxes organized
  • The onboarding process was perfect
  • I wish it made it easier to issue both taxable salary as well as an owner's draw in the same paycheck.
  • I feel like there could be more integrations with other platforms, but no specific recommendations.
If you have employees, you should be using Gusto. Period. I'm not sure how Gusto compares to larger legacy HR & payroll services for large companies, but for medium and small companies, it would be foolish to not use Gusto in my opinion. From ease of use and cost alone it's by far the best.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 11, 2019

Gusto is a fantastic, easy to use payroll service provider

We use Gusto for payroll across the company. It's a small company though so there are many features that we do not make use of. Hopefully, in time as we grow, we will have the need for those features and we will begin to implement them into our payroll and benefits.
  • Managing payroll and making sure all the correct taxes are taken out and withheld is done by Gusto. They make it super easy and, in particular, very clear. Every time payroll is run you can see a complete breakdown of every tax and deduction and what it's for. I like that a lot.
  • Every time I receive a letter regarding new tax rates, workman's comp rules and regulations, new percentages from the dept of labor, etc. I simply take a picture and send it over to Gusto. They make sure to adjust my account accordingly. I don't need to know the specifics of what its for. They are VERY on top of things in that regard.
  • Integration with Quickbooks is easy and quick.
  • I'd like to see some of the features that are available on the higher-level plans be offered the Core plan, which is their starting plan. I get that when you pay more you get more, but some things could be made available.
  • On the flip side, I do wish that they would separate out their payroll form their benefits and create a separate plan where the only payroll is provided. This way, companies like mine that don't make use of the vast majority of benefits plans they offer can pay a little less just for the payroll service.
  • A little nitpick, but when I receive a notification from the IRS or a state tax agency I send it over to Gusto and they take care of any changes necessary. They provide an explanation of what the notice was for and what they did but very often it's using "industry jargon" and terminology that I don't understand. It would be great if they could break it down in a way that a person who is not a tax or HR professional can understand better.
If you need a payroll service provider, Gusto is absolutely great. They make the entire process simple, including getting set up and started with them. Running payroll cycles is incredibly easy and making adjustments each cycle poses no problem at all. For someone who is not HR and payroll savvy, Gusto has been fantastic. Since I'm not a payroll professional though I can't speak to what details and intricacies might be missing (if anything at all) for someone who needs every minute detail. It's possible there's nothing missing at all but I wouldn't know.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
March 27, 2020

Payroll made easy!

We use Gusto for all of our payroll and related filings. We originally used Xero (our accounting software) for our payroll, but Xero decided to no longer provide payroll services and encourage users to switch to Gusto. At first I was disappointed that I would have to switch our service, but the transition was very easy and seamless and now I couldn't be happier. Gusto takes the pain, mystery, and confusion out of payroll, saves the organization considerable time (our most valuable resource), and it communicates beautifully with Xero.
  • The user interface is intuitive and attractive.
  • The set up process is painless and easy.
  • It sends payroll and filing reminders to my inbox.
  • It integrates well with Xero accounting software.
  • It creates beautiful payroll reports quickly.
  • The employee time tracking service should not be an "add on," it should be included.
Gusto truly makes setting up and running payroll extremely easy and, dare I say, enjoyable? At first I grumbled about the cost, but it is well worth it.

The support provided to make sure the organization stays compliant with state and federal laws is invaluable, as was the support setting up time off, sick, and pto policies.
March 13, 2020

Gusto - HR made simple!

Gusto is primarily used by our Human Resources department. Other members of the organization use it to check their benefits, paid time off, sick days and keep their personal information up to date for the Human Resources department. Gusto saves the business problem of needing and having a human resources portal.
  • Manages employee personal info.
  • Software for the Human Resources department.
  • Nice User Interface
  • Allows communications with human resources.
  • Creates an easy way to update employee tax-related info.
  • Good integration for QuickBooks or other accounting software.
Gusto is very well suited for any organization needing a human resources portal. I would say if you have 10 or more employees or are growing to the capacity of more employees its good suite and cost-effective to support a large scale business of 50 or more employees that needs to reduce administrative functions of a Human Resources department.
February 25, 2020

Gusto: Small and simple but still mighty

Gusto is our payroll services provider, used by the entire organization to process payroll, file employment taxes and track PTO utilization.
  • Customer service.
  • Affordable service option.
  • Hours of operation... it is a company based on the West Coast so EST hours of operation are not always aligned.
  • Would love to see their platform expanded.
Gusto is an excellent choice for payroll processing for a rather small, uncomplicated (perhaps even single-state) payroll company. If you are searching for a robust HRIS system, this is not it. If you are looking to be able to run customized payroll related reports, this is also not the system but if you are searching for an excellent payroll processor with great customer service... this is a great choice.
February 15, 2020

Me gusto the Gusto. Payroll is finally easy!!!

• We mostly use Gusto for payroll purposes. I appreciate the fact that it is simple and that it has multiple means of seeing all of your payroll data in one spot.
  • The privacy settings and email alerts are also helpful. It is the best payroll solution we have used. I would recommend it to other organizations that need a simple yet robust payroll management solution.
  • Pay alerts via multiple means
  • Simplicity of backend controls and privacy settings
  • Needs to release an app
  • Pay info should be hidden as on email alerts as standard so that people in your office don’t accidentally see your payment.
  • Gusto is a reliable tool all around. I recommend it for companies under 200 employees as a payroll management solution. With larger organizations more sophisticated reporting and integrations may be needed.
  • A mobile application would be preferable to the web, the only view. The standard default of showing the dollar amount in email alerts is not a good idea. They should change this.
October 24, 2019

Gusto has some growing up to do still.

Gusto is a payroll and benefits provider. We use the system to provide payroll to all our employees and 1099 contractors.

In an ideal world, Gusto makes it easier to ensure payroll and HR compliance by workflowing elements of HR processes such as onboarding and termination. The greatest strength in Gusto is the theoretical integration with a number of other services such as Expensify, Xero and learning management softwares.
  • They have the best benefits comparison system of any of the systems I have trialled as we attempted to navigate benefits. (we did not purchase through Gusto)
  • If all employees and contractors are on direct deposit, payroll is very streamlined.
  • Gusto is very effective at invoicing the business owner.
  • In the scenario of our particular case, client feedback was ignored for months. On several occasions, by the time we received any interaction regarding the client feedback, it was months past, and frankly I have little interest in helping this organisation improve at this point.
  • By our observation, communications regarding tax errors made by Gusto have taken months to appear. The resolution was faster than communication, however, a communication to affected customers should have been provided as soon as the error was identified.
  • The "integration" with Xero was weak and perfunctory. I have no way to determine which categories my personnel expenses fall into and we were unimpressed with being forced from Xero to Gusto in the first place.
  • We did not try any of the other integrations as we had to cancel our Expensify subscription to cover the cost of our Gusto subscription.
  • Gusto will charge for all employees on the books - regardless of if they take a wage that month or not. Therefore, inactive employees cost quite a bit of money annually. This cost should be taken into account when compared to alternatives.
  • The "Direct Deposit" authorisation provides Gusto with permission to remove money from employee bank accounts. Frankly, this is not an acceptable risk to employees, however, is standard across the industry. (for example: what if the system is hacked and used to remove money from all employee bank accounts?)
If you want the ability to manage your own benefits, have a small team, and appreciate pretty and expensive apps, I think Gusto is probably a good solution.
October 23, 2019

Gusto is great for start ups

We use Gusto to process out payroll checks. It connects to our timekeeping app for hourly employees and imports their hours worked. Gusto integrates with out HRIS system to import appropriate deductions for benefits and has customizable pay lines so we can add meal penalties, bonuses and reimbursements easily. Gusto is simple for our employees to use and the app makes requesting time off easy.
  • Easy to print a W-2
  • Easy to print paystubs and even pay summaries
  • More functional reporting
Gusto is great for startups and businesses that don't need a lot of BI, however it's a little less functional for large companies with a variety of different types of employees that have different PTO options and benefits. It doesn't auto sort personnel into like groups from our HRIS program, there's a lot of manual sorting.
October 05, 2019

Great payroll solution for small businesses

We currently use Gusto to manage payroll and time off for our company.
  • Payroll.
  • Time 0ff requests.
  • State fillings.
  • Complex payroll (salary + owner's draw).
Gusto is well suited for basic employee management for small to medium-sized companies.
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 03, 2019

Gusto Makes Payroll Painless

We use Gusto organization-wide as our payroll processor. Since we're a smaller business, having user-friendly tools on the administrative end is a huge help, since payroll is not being run by a dedicated HR team. We also love how it integrates easily with every other tool we need it to, from time tracking to accounting.
  • Incredibly user-friendly.
  • Excellent support.
  • All the necessary integrations.
  • Wish it had its own built in time-tracking to remove the need of a separate tool.
  • Live chat for lower tiers of service.
Gusto is well suited, in my opinion, to any situation where a company uses payroll. I honestly don't understand why, besides inertia, companies use ADP, Paychex, or any other competitors. Gusto makes payroll easy and that is how it delivers value to us.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Ian Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2019

Gusto, a Good Cloud-based HR Alternative

We began using Gusto quite recently, and were pleased to find that they had done a lot of the forward thinking required to help team members join a company, have the necessary forms and payroll tie-ins taken care of, and track time off requests. Our company is using it for all of our team members and it has helped us bring the HR functions into one.
  • Good personable support
  • Developers help with custom forms by creating them when submitted
  • Time off request functionality is nice
  • There isn't an option to tie into an Office 365 shared leave request/vacation calendar
  • It would be nice if there were more pre-configured templates available for certain forms
  • Tie-ins to accounting systems such as QuickBooks or Xero could be expanded
If you're looking to keep all of your HR-related documents and time-tracking in one place, then Gusto could be a good fit for you. The user interface is friendly enough and their support is good, as well as decent documentation on how to set things up. Smaller organizations can benefit from Gusto and the cost is pretty good, although for larger more complex organizations, I'm not sure how Gusto would fit.
Read Ian Hansen's full review
Andrew Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 28, 2019

For Small to Medium Business Payroll & Benefits, It Doesn't Get Better than Gusto

We use Gusto to handle our payroll, HR, and benefits for our small remote team. Gusto makes everything incredibly easy for us. From both the management side and for our employees, Gusto handles all of the payroll and benefits details with aplomb. In a small team where the company leaders are also executing on day-to-day items like sales, marketing, and customer support, Gusto gives us one less thing to worry about.
  • New employee setup: It's very easy to add and onboard new employees using Gusto.
  • Employee portal: Employees have an easy-to-use portal where they can access paystubs, benefits info, and more.
  • Communication: Gusto is great with communication. Employees get an email every time they get paid, and all communication is delightful and friendly instead of boring.
  • Support: Customer support, both for the company and for employees, is EXCELLENT. This is one of the things that makes Gusto better than any payroll provider I've ever encountered.
  • Honestly, it's very tough to even think of one con. Gusto has absolutely nailed it for us, and if they do have limited functionality or areas they don't excel in, we haven't come across them yet.
Gusto is great for small-medium businesses who want their payroll and benefits handled in the most user-friendly way possible. They make everything not only easy, but also friendly and enjoyable to interact with. Their brand is excellent. If your business prides itself on taking care of employees, Gusto will help reinforce that idea, and will fit right in with your business needs.
Gusto would be less suited for companies looking to spend the bare minimum on payroll services, or very large companies with highly complex needs.
Read Andrew Clark's full review
Jeanie Watt | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Mi gusto Gusto!

Gusto is a user-friendly, affordable payroll processing solution for our law firm.
  • Quarterly State employee tax reporting
  • Semi-monthly payroll processing
  • Excellent/responsive customer service
  • Amazon cards for referrals
  • Although I understand the financial reasons behind it, it is difficult initially to have to request an expedited (2-day) turnaround for payroll processing until the company becomes established with Gusto.
Gusto is perfect for our 12-member staff law firm. It is easy to use for both myself (the administrator) as well as the individual staff members, giving them access to their payroll information.
Read Jeanie Watt's full review
Lou Gallo | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2018

Gusto automates the requirements of running a business

I use Gusto for managing my LLC and automating payroll for my S-Corp. Typically this can be an expensive thing to automate and skills required to manage tools like this can be hard. For me, having only one employee and trying to keep track of what to withhold, when to pay taxes and how to offer benefits was something I was not ready for. Gusto made this easy and simple without error or hassle. Taxes were paid on time, withholdings were done automatically and all necessary paperwork was filed quarterly.
  • Easy step by step setup from signup process to the automatic payments via EFT.
  • All forms and payments are done completely automated and electronically so no manual intervention. I set it up at the beginning of my first year and never looked at it until the next year when I did my taxes.
  • Payroll was easy, automated and simple manage for situations like overtime, time off and one time bonus payments.
  • Offering other pre tax benefits like 401K was easy to incorporate thru their partner apps.
  • As a small business Gusto really does it all. I have no request for more features as all the important things for me were there.
Small business and self-employed users with a few employees is best. It is focused on offering tools to make the requirements of running a business very friction free. No need to hire someone to manage payroll and benefits when you can just set things up quickly and Gusto was there from the start. The one thing I would say is they were immediate with their call. I signed up and as I was completing the steps, someone called my phone to ask if I ran into any issues or had any questions during my signup process.
Read Lou Gallo's full review
Jared DeLong | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2018

As an employee, I love Gusto

Gusto is used by our entire company for our payroll management. I do not personally manage our Gusto account, but from an employee's perspective I've loved using the app. It lets me quickly see a breakdown of my paycheck and also download various documents needed at the end of the year for tax purposes.
  • Gusto's interface is clean and easy to navigate. I can quickly find everything I need within the app.
  • Gusto sends monthly feedback surveys to everyone in our company. It's a great way to share what we love about the company and ways we think we can improve.
  • Gusto easily lets me download paystubs, various tax documents and review my benefits all in one place.
  • I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be nice if you could manage time off requests within the system.
  • Again I do not manage our Gusto account so this may be possible, but it would be great if you could see more info regarding your health insurance plan in the system. We have to login to another system to see those details.
  • They send out an email every time you're paid which includes the total amount of your paycheck. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to turn off the dollar amount appearing in case I happen to open that email around someone else who I'd prefer to now share my salary with.
With how our management team is using Gusto, it appears that it's great as a tool to track payroll and allow employees to print out paystubs and other payroll documents. However, it doesn't look like it's well suited to see health insurance plan info, submit time off requests or other HR abilities.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Graham Power | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2018

Gusto is an HCM app with a feel good, friendly vibe and refreshingly simple UI/UX

Gusto is used at our early-stage startup across almost 100 employees (company-wide) as our HCM software. It's simple software for managing and automating what are often complex processes like benefits enrollment. Part of the beauty of Gusto is how simple and fast it is to navigate and complete a task, such as requesting time off.
  • I found there was zero learning curve when we switched to Gusto from another small/mid-market HCM product. It's simple and intuitive.
  • The product has a personality...meaning, it's inviting - and doesn't feel like an overweight, complicated enterprise level HCM tool.
  • It's very self-service - I rarely, if ever, need to involve our PeopleOps team, except for questions about our actual benefits.
  • I recently found it challenging to retrieve basic info related to my dental plan like policy ID...not sure this is Gusto's fault.
  • Dashboard visuals for being able to analyze paystubs and see where money is going pre-direct deposit would be a nice to have.
  • Slack integration would be huge.
May not be robust enough for larger companies with way more complicated benefits and payroll structures. For SMB, it's best in breed.
Read Graham Power's full review
Krystle Pinzker | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2018

Exceptional Full Service Payroll for business owner's that don't need extra headaches!

I use Gusto for my firm's payroll and have been with them from the very beginning. As a technology savvy accounting firm it was important to have payroll that is full service and also fully integrates with QuickBooks Online. Additionally, Gusto is the only service my firm supports for our outsourced bookkeeping clients.
  • Integration
  • Customer Service
  • Employee on-boarding
  • Some liability accounts don't sync correctly, such as employee tips payable
  • Report options are basic
Gusto is a well suited for any small business that needs payroll. As a full service provider, they handle calculating and remitting all payroll tax deposits as well as quarterly and annual forms. The slightest misstep in reporting payroll can result in an avalanche of notices from the IRS or local tax collector. Even if your business did not make an error, it is a waste of precious time to resolve a notice. Even if you're experienced in preparing payroll or only have a few people on staff Gusto's full service offering will save you so much time and headache.
Read Krystle Pinzker's full review
Matthew Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2018

Easy to use benefits and payroll

Gusto is being used by our entire organization for benefits and payroll. It's a very simple tool and easy to manage and add users. Additionally, the user experience is very easy to navigate. The very simple user interface enables our employees to learn about benefits very quickly. It's also very easy for employees to view payroll info.
  • Simple user experience
  • Easy to manage benefits
  • Easy to navigate
  • Easier way to manage charity giving
  • More options for 401k
Gusto is perfect for small businesses that are looking for a good benefits and payroll solution. There are plenty of features and benefits to choose from, it is inexpensive, the customer service is great, the user interface is easy for employees, and has many other great features that are crucial to business.
Read Matthew Harris's full review
Ali Kothari | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2018

Process payroll in less than five minutes a month with Gusto.

We use Gusto for all payroll needs with employees and contractors! Gusto automatically does all the paperwork and it takes less than 5 minutes to process payroll each month — 100% recommend Gusto!
  • Easy and intuitive to use
  • Cheap and cost effective
  • Easy interface and no paperwork needed
  • Would be nice if it didn't take so long for contractor payments to leave our account and hit their account
Perfect for small businesses!
Read Ali Kothari's full review
Dana Dunford | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2018

Highly recommend Gusto

Gusto is our payroll software and helps manage our HR. We use it across the entire organization, and it tremendously helps streamline and automate our HR services.
  • User experience is top notch
  • Communication frequency is just ideal
  • APIs and integrations make life easy
  • None at this time
Love Gusto and recommend that everyone use them
Read Dana Dunford's full review
January 03, 2019

Gusto is an incredible system for any scaling company

We are using Gusto to manage our employee payroll. We are using it across our entire organization and it has served wonderfully as our bridge because our team has expanded from a small team of part-time contractors to a small team of full-time employees.
  • Incredibly intuitive and easy to setup
  • Reliable. Works like it says it is going to
  • An incredible solution for teams that are scaling quickly
  • I do not have many suggestions here. I have been incredibly happy with the system. There are always small UI related things that can be done to simplify the system.
Gusto is well suited for scaling teams. If you are a founder managing HR duties, tools like Gusto can save you countless hours. Rather than trying to navigate the payroll system yourself you can use their product to quickly setup your team for growth.

Pay calculation (27)
Support for external payroll vendors (8)
Benefit plan administration (19)
Direct deposit files (26)
9.4
Salary revision and increment management (24)
Reimbursement management (11)
9.2

About Gusto

Gusto is a modern, online people platform that aims to help small businesses take care of their teams. According to the vendor, their products and services help customers onboard, pay, insure, and engage their team in one integrated, easy-to-use platform used by over 100,000 modern employers. Gusto aims to make taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping users manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto promises that users will feel like a pro no matter how complicated the situation.

Full-service payroll - According to the vendor, Gusto makes running payroll easy. Gusto automatically calculates and files payroll taxes, help keeps companies compliant, and provides awesome support.

Benefits that work for any team and budget - Gusto aims to make offering employee benefits a reality for any small business. Whether an organization is buying health insurance for the first time or wants to integrate an existing plan with payroll, Gust can provide expert guidance. They'll help with add-ons like 401(k), life insurance, and commuter benefits, which the vendor says allows companies to create a competitive package that attracts and retains employees. The vendor promises their modern, intuitive software and team of licensed advisors helps customers navigate benefits with confidence.

Gusto Features

Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Does not have featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Does not have featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Does not have featureStatutory form management
Has featureFlexible, automated payroll
Has featureBenefits administration, including HSA, FSA, and Commuter
Has featureStreamlined HR
Has featureAffordable, integrated 401(k)
Has featureWorkers' compensation compliance
Has featureCustom offer docs and onboarding
Has featureFlexible PTO policy options

Gusto Screenshots

Gusto Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, TSheets, When I Work, Deputy, Boomr, ZipBooks, Homebase, Ximble, a Paycor company Unpublished, Clover, Accelo, Trainual, Expensify, eBillity Time Tracker, QuickBooks, Receipt Bank, Aplos, Kinderlime, Veryfi, ClienTrak!

Gusto Competitors

Concierge: Includes everything in the Complete plan, plus access to certified HR pros and resources so you don’t have to go it alone.$149/month$12 per employee/contractor
Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work$39/month$12 per employee/contractor
Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.$39/month$6 per employee/contractor

Gusto offers three simple pricing plans for payroll, benefits, and HR, so you can choose the plan that meets your business needs.

Gusto Support Options