Gusto

Direct deposit files (56)

Salary revision and increment management (49)

Pay calculation (55)

Benefit plan administration (44)

5.6

Basic

$19/month

$6 per employee/contractor

Complete: Includes everything in the Core plan, plus better HR tools so you can create a great place to work

$39/month

$12 per employee/contractor

Core: Refreshingly easy payroll so you can get back to what matters most.

$39/month

$6 per employee/contractor

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://gusto.com/product/pricing?utm_s…

Payroll Management

What is Gusto?

Gusto is a modern, online people platform that aims to help small businesses take care of their teams. According to the vendor, their products and services help customers onboard, pay, insure, and engage their team in one integrated, easy-to-use platform used by over 100,000 modern employers. Gusto aims to make taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping users manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto promises that users will feel like a pro no matter how complicated the situation.

Full-service payroll - According to the vendor, Gusto makes running payroll easy. Gusto automatically calculates and files payroll taxes, help keeps companies compliant, and provides awesome support.

Benefits that work for any team and budget - Gusto aims to make offering employee benefits a reality for any small business. Whether an organization is buying health insurance for the first time or wants to integrate an existing plan with payroll, Gust can provide expert guidance. They'll help with add-ons like 401(k), life insurance, and commuter benefits, which the vendor says allows companies to create a competitive package that attracts and retains employees. The vendor promises their modern, intuitive software and team of licensed advisors helps customers navigate benefits with confidence.

Gusto Features

• Supported: Salary revision and increment management

• Supported: Flexible, automated payroll
  • Supported: Benefits administration, including HSA, FSA, and Commuter
  • Supported: Streamlined HR
  • Supported: Affordable, integrated 401(k)
  • Supported: Workers' compensation compliance
  • Supported: Custom offer docs and onboarding
  • Supported: Flexible PTO policy options

Gusto Screenshots

Easy time-off trackingFlexible, automated payrollEffortless benefits administrationEasy time-off trackingAffordable, integrated 401(k)The source of truth for all your HR data

Gusto Video

Gusto Integrations

Gusto Competitors

Gusto Technical Details

Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish

Alternatives

What is Gusto?

Gusto offers payroll, benefits and compliance capabilities. Gusto is scaled for small to mid-sized businesses, and emphasizes an easy to use interface.

What is Gusto's best feature?

Reviewers rate Reimbursement management highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses Gusto?

The most common users of Gusto are from Small Businesses and the Accounting industry.

Sarah Young (She/Her) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gusto is used by our HR team to keep track of employment documents, payroll, and benefits for our US-based employees. Gusto is super simple to use. Payroll is automatically run weekly. Gusto also keeps track of all tax documentation for our employees and creates all tax forms at the end of the year. We love Gusto!
  • Tax Documentation
  • Benefits Management
  • Payroll Management
  • International employees
  • State-specific guidelines
  • Reporting
I would definitely recommend Gusto for employers that have 50 or fewer employees. I can see Gusto becoming a little cumbersome above that many employees. It is also best for employers who only have employees in the US. As an international company, we have to use a separate system for our international employees. However, Gusto makes payroll and benefits management so easy! And employee onboarding is a breeze!
So canceled our subscription and at the end of us canceling the subscription, it asked if we want Gusto to file our taxes. I clicked no because we have a CPA but I guess that means Gusto will not and won't send us our W2s now. In my experience, it's a horrible platform, with horrible customer service. I think a lot of these good reviews are bought and or fake. If you actually dig deep you can tell the bad reviews are actually real people. The good reviews seem to be bots or fake.
  • In my opinion, Nothing
  • Everywhere
All of it needs to be scrapped and rebuilt. I think they have no idea what they are doing. They seem like they are just flying by the seat of their pants on a lot of this platform. Highly not recommended to use or even breathe the name of Gusto.
Amanda Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for the onboarding of new employees and payroll. I used it myself when I was initially hired and it was great! My employer had uploaded an employee handbook that clearly specified everything from how to request time off, access payroll info, health insurance, and retirement saving plans. Gusto made it easy to keep track of all the documents and it's very user-friendly. I also very much enjoy that new employees receive a virtual welcome card that their new team members have signed. Very welcoming!
  • Onboarding
  • PTO requests
  • Link to pages with information on what's covered in your medical and dental insurance plans
Gusto has been working great for our company! We're a pretty small company.
Chelsea DeSelms | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my opinion: RUN RUN RUN! I believe it was great, until it wasn't! In my opinion, Gusto is not at all what it use to be. I feel anyone considering it should RUN! Personally, I loved this product because the interface has been so nice. It's easy to use for the employees. You can track all of your PTO, benefits, hours, employee paperwork, etc. Throughout my experience, this was all great until the last year. I believe that the customer service is now outsourced to another country and, in my opinion, many of the representatives can't understand complex questions outside of their script, especially if not spoken in their native language. While this part was irritating, it was not enough to make me switch because I could generally figure things out on my own in the end, eventually. HOWEVER, now we are switching. In our experience over the last 2 years, I believe Gusto has been withholding social security tax and not paying the IRS in a timely manner. During my experience using it, I got a letter from the IRS stating that I owed thousands of dollars. When looking back through Gusto, I confirmed that Gusto did, in fact, charge me for the money...so where did it go!? I believe no one at Gusto can tell me. So now, it feels like Gusto is holding thousands of dollars from my company. During this ordeal, I have called and emailed for months with what I believe is no response. During my experience with customer service, they continue to say "we are looking into this", but cannot give me answers. In my opinion, this is absolutly terrifying. When the internal tax team member from Gusto did finally reach out, I feel they did not answer any of my questions via email and I feel they refused to schedule a time to discuss this complex issue over the phone. In my opinion, this is a critical tax issue and I believe I can only ask 1 question at a time through email, which makes me feel like I am waiting 3 weeks in between each email, especially when they do not respond right away. In my experience, when I call, they tell me "only the internal tax team can handle this issue, so you must email".
  • The interface system is clean and easy to use.
  • Employees find it user-friendly and easy to use.
  • In my opinion, customer service is horrible.
  • In my experience, they don't respond to critical questions for months.
  • During my experience, I believe they continued to incorrectly file tax documents, which resulted in penalties.
Due to my experience, I do not recommend Gusto at all.
We used Gusto concierge to complete HR, compliance, [and] payroll needs for our employees. [In our experience, we thought] that by getting the top plan, we [would be] getting better service, but Gusto has been the worst experience ever [in my opinion]. [It felt like] we [spent] days waiting for their service team to respond and nothing ever came. [During our experience,] we got [our] first notice from IRS because of [what I believe is] their error. [In our experience,] when we tried reaching [out] to Gusto, [but] they did not respond. [In our case, I believe we made] multiple calls, emails, and tickets [that] didn't give any results. [I feel like] it really takes [a lot of] effort to write this review and, believe me, it's no fun. [However, in my opinion, I feel that others should], please, be careful [when] selecting Gusto [for] payroll.
  • [In my opinion, I feel like it] keeps the client waiting without answering.
  • [In my opinion, it felt like it was] over-promised and under-delivered.
  • [Personally, I believe it has the] worst customer service in the industry.
  • [I feel that it should improve its] customer service.
  • [In my opinion, I believe it should] deliver on its promise.
  • [Personally, I believe that they should] respond in [a] timely manner.
[Personally,] I will certainly NOT recommend Gusto with the negative experience we have had so far. [In my opinion,] this has been very stressful for our entire organization and me, personally. [I believe that] I [had] really hoped that Gusto would provide the services they promised. [In my opinion, I find] it amazing how a company, like Gusto, can be so unprofessional in its approach and [when] helping the customers.
Carol Ptak | TrustRadius Reviewer
We went with Gusto at the recommendation of our CPA to simplify our payroll process so that we could be sure that all necessary forms would be accurately filed in a timely manner,
  • Absolutely nothing - the first quarter IRS report was in error
  • Gusto was never able to file the corrected IRS form - we waited 3 months
  • Gusto withheld money from our company and then didn't send it to the IRS
  • The pig is very cute but who cares
  • [In my experience,] Their customer service is terrible. We were charged an extra month of service fee after we fired them for nonperformance
  • Their IRS filing reports were inaccurate
  • The money that is withheld from the company needs to be sent to the IRS in a timely fashion
  • Overall Gusto is a big hot mess and should be avoided
I wouldn't recommend Gusto to my worst enemy. We went into this with the expectation that they had one thing to do - provide accurate timely payroll. Our experience with them is that they are not capable of doing either - accurate or timely. Their customer service department was one excuse after another and nothing was resolved. Now we are facing a messy end-of-year filing because of their gross incompetence. Do not use Gusto
I have an accounting/bookkeeping service for small businesses. I have a few clients who use Gusto as their payroll source. When I first started supporting clients on Gusto, they were very responsive and helpful. Things have declined dramatically over the last 4 years. I have 2 clients who have had tax issues in 2021. It is now taking about 1.5-2 months to get a response on critical tax issues. I received an email today that said their average wait time for response is now 45-77 days. How is that even acceptable? I complained this fall, received a blanket email from the President... but nothing has changed. It took from 12/7 until 1/6 for them to assign an actual rep to the case... who basically told me it would be a while.
  • Easy to run payroll
  • Great onboarding that can be customized
  • Tax support has incredibly long wait times
  • Support in general is not very responsive
I've had less technical issues with Gusto than with Quickbooks Payroll. Gusto's biggest problem is customer service. Payroll and taxes are important issues that small businesses need answers for quickly and Gusto totally drops the ball on this.
Josh Bicknell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I started using Gusto in combination with Clover, which was my payment processor and POS at the time. It integrated seamlessly with new employees and contractors, and allowed me to track and pay them simply at various employment levels and also pay myself as the managing member of my company using owner’s draw. It even provided options for workmans comp, incentives and rewards, and benefits including health insurance options. The number of simple, streamlined solutions that were offered was outstanding for a small business like mine.
  • Simple, clean, and accessible layout for both management and employees
  • Multiple other services and features offered including early pay, benefits, vacation, and owners draw options
  • Super fast direct deposit options even for a small business like mine that isn’t making huge numbers. This was so helpful.
  • Extremely friendly and prompt customer service
  • The fees are somewhat on the higher end
  • Paystubs should look a little more official rather than the minimalist look they have
  • Actual business name does not show up on bank statements making it hard to verify small
Gusto would be ideal and perfect for smaller scale businesses and those who don’t have time to develop and fuss over payroll or other major admin issues. For a high number of employees though or much bigger businesses, Gusto might not be robust enough for their needs and for the complexities.
We use Gusto for full-service payroll for the company. It is easy to use and run payroll. My issues with the company are that the customer services representatives generally know less about the product and about taxes than I do as a layperson. A recent example is that one of the forms that they submit for us is the new Paid Family and Medical Leave tax. Each employee pays into this fund for Massachusetts. The employer is allowed to opt-in but in order to do this, the employer must be listed on the form and check the "opt-in" box next to the employer's name. When I contacted Gusto about this they repeatedly respond in a way that makes me think that they don't understand my question. I have even sent them a copy of what the Department of Revenue advised to me in an email. With the email documentation from the department of revenue that says their form is incorrect, they have refused to assist me and asked me to get my accountant involved. With my accountant involved- why do I need a payroll company?
  • Easy to use onboarding
  • Easy to use payroll
  • Two days direct deposit
  • Customer Service
  • Modification of tax forms
Gusto can pay W2 employees well. It is a straightforward and intuitive format for anyone that is software savvy. If your employees are partial commission then you will have an issue tracking time. Documents that are sent to potential new hires cannot be retrieved or downloaded until the employee has been officially hired. That means you cannot review an offer letter sent until it is signed.
December 06, 2021

Avoid Gusto at all Costs

After researching various options we decided to partner with Gusto for payroll and benefits services. I signed up for their Complete Plan.
  • Sales
  • Onboarding
  • Customer Service
I would NOT recommend using Gusto if you are a small business owner in need of payroll services. My experience as a new user has been awful. My employees complained at length about the extensive number of questions they were asked during onboarding (which took them 2 hrs on average to complete). Those who did not click their registration link until they had time for it found that it was no longer valid and they were unable to get a new link. But the worst part was after we finally did all that and got everything ready for our first payroll run (I completed the steps WITH a customer care representative on the phone with me to ensure I did it correctly) and I was told we were successful (I even printed out pay stubs for my team), the next morning (Pay Day) I awoke to find the payroll funds HAD been debited from my bank account but all of the sudden Gusto platforms stated that I had NUMEROUS additional documents that needed to be submitted prior to the first run and consequently first run would not take place for 5 days. Now keep in mind I had been working on this first run every day for weeks to make sure we got it right. At no time were any additional documents requested UNTIL the morning of our first payroll run. What?! So I had to tell my team that (right at the height of Christmas shopping season), for the first time in our 4 year history, they would not be paid until almost a week late and since Gusto already had my payroll funds I couldn't even cancel payroll and pay them myself through our previous system. My team is like my family; imagine how it felt for me to have to tell them that when I know many of them put that money directly into buying groceries for their kids and paying for transportation to & from work. I then spent the entire rest of the day trying in vain to get someone from Gusto to help me or at least explain what happened. AWFUL COMPANY. Don't make the same mistake I did!
Adina Stern | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Gusto since 2015 when they were called Zen payroll. Overall we had been happy with their services until this year. Even last year, when the pandemic was at its worst, customer service was always there to answer questions. On September 30th we had an urgent month end payroll issue that we needed resolved. I was on hold waiting for customer service for OVER 2 HOURS and then gave up and sent an email. I tried again the next morning when they opened and this time they finally answered after an hour. It then took another 45 minutes to get the matter resolved but at least this was while working with a live human. If you do not mind wasting 4 hours on a question that should have been answered in 15 minutes then by all means use Gusto. What prompted me to write this review today was that it is now November 5, 2021 and I finally received a response to the email from September 30th and it did not even answer the question we posed. There was a time when this was a great payroll service but that time has passed. We are shopping for a new one and I strongly recommend that you avoid this one.
  • Take my money each month.
  • Makes it easy for employees to upload their time and expenses.
  • The sync feature between time and payroll is buggy and often has to be run several times before it takes.
  • Customer service is THE WORST. It takes hours to get through and if you email them, it takes OVER A MONTH for them to return the email.
  • Many features cannot be "undone" without calling customer service. For example, we had a dismissal date for an employee that we entered but then the employee stayed on for a few more days. We could not do that manually on our end. We had to spend 4 hours on the phone and on hold to get this handled.
A year ago I would have highly recommended this company. Now I would say it is best to avoid. We are shopping for a new payroll service. There are some features that must be handled by them and you cannot get ahold of them.
Ryan Shelton | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Gusto is a] very simple, yet powerful payroll solution that doesn't break the bank. Love the integrations it has with other software, as well as the thoughtful touches in the platform encouraging me to be a better leader. Excellent platform that seems to get better and better and grow along with us. Highly recommend!
  • Seamless, simple payroll that scales really well from 1 employee up to dozens of employees.
  • Many benefits integrations, such as health insurance, 401k, financial systems, and HR management platforms.
  • Thoughtful suggestions to management around building a great team, recognizing employees, and providing transparency.
  • Still missing some integrations that would be helpful.
  • Some more nuanced tax features are not as user friendly as they could be, resulting in [the] need for special payrolls from time to time.
  • Their integration for health insurance benefits could be more streamlined. It is helpful but requires quite a bit of back and forth discussion and details.
If you are a small business but have a growing team, then this is a fantastic platform. They make it easy to get setup up and easy to grow. If you are a larger company, there are probably options with more complex feature sets that would be better suited, but this is great for SMBs!
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are a lot of apps & software companies vying for independent contractor payroll services. Gusto is the best one I've used and [the only one] I've been able to use that combines payments from multiple vendors. For me, this is key because it allows me to have one site, one logon for getting paid.
  • Clean interface
  • No cost to the freelancer/contractor
  • Fast payments
  • Mobile app
I work for over a dozen different companies, often multiple at the same time. Getting paid quickly is important, and being able to do it all in one place saves me so much time. Gusto is able to juggle multiple vendors for me while funneling my payments all in one place.
Sarah Arrillaga | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gusto is one of the most widely known payroll software which is indeed a very well-rounded one. I have been using this tool for a couple of years now and I am seriously hooked. It is quite secure and has allowed us to a great extent to easily manage all our employment details. This tool has resolved all the queries regarding where to derive tax documents from. Payroll can become a very tedious and mundane task and this has catered to it so well. The customer service of this product is also really supportive and accommodating. Overall, it is an incredible platform. We always got the customer support we required in a timely manner. I have no complaints associated with their customer support as they have always accommodated my issues and queries on an instant basis.
  • It provides easy onboarding and constant communication with our staff, which has prevented us from becoming all over the place.
  • Because the product is cloud-based so it has helped us in working anywhere and at any time which is again leverage.
  • The user interface is also very friendly which helps us in all types of tasks to be done efficiently with minimal errors.
  • I find the program to be slightly hefty in the pricing aspect because currently we are not even using all features still it is a little towards the pricey end.
  • A mobile application is something that is missing in this solution and can be a game-changer if present.
Payroll can become one of the most unexciting and challenging tasks at some instances so I am glad that Gusto has been introduced for the rescue. I find this product quite scalable for both large and small companies plus of course medium-sized too. I feel that I was very recently introduced to this platform because it was something that I always wanted to have in my business.
Alan Bloxham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gusto across our entire team to track working time. It helps resolve the issue of the being forced to count all of the hours through the week to make sure that you are not exceeding your hours. It also reminds workers to take a 30 minute unpaid break.
  • Easy to use interface makes it simple to track time and see total hours.
  • Payday reminders help employees to know about the day they are getting paid.
  • Employer can ask for anonymous surveys.
  • An app rather than a website would be nice.
  • Double pressing the clock in/out button is an inconvenience.
Gusto works great for flexible schedules because you can clock in and clock out whenever you want. The payroll notification email is detailed and nice for comparing week to week. Gusto probably wouldn't work as well with any companies that have shifts that need to be traded with or taken by other coworkers.
Payroll
  • simple website
  • integrations
  • [From my perspective,] horrible communication
  • randomly freeze accounts with no notification
  • slow to resolve urgent issues
They have modified or frozen accounts for no reason with no notification, causing payrolls to be late or not run at all, creating problems with clients and for their employees. Upon inquiry, after 4 days of trying to get it resolved, all I got was 'sorry it was a mistake'. Upon urgent requests to please run the issues up the chain so it would not occur again or to anyone else, which were basically ignored, now it has happened again, and AGAIN with no notification. [In my opinion, this is] simply unacceptable service. I will be leaving Gusto.
Evan Wade | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gusto at our entire company to manage HR, payroll, and benefits administration. It was supposed to be our fully-managed solution to make payroll and benefits easy for our rapidly growing company.
  • Technology is pretty good.
  • [I feel the] customer service is dreadful.
  • [In my experience,] they will take up to a month to respond to your inquiries.
  • [It] does not properly understand state tax registration.
Their website is easy-to-use for the most part and is probably good for small companies who don't have needs like more complicated companies. [I feel] it has slowly gone downhill and as of the last few months, has been a complete nightmare to deal with, costing my company thousands of dollars in the process. [In my experience,] if you have any sort of problem with them, expect to wait a month for any kind of response - and no solution. [In my opinion,] if you expect to be a growing company, do not go with Gusto.
[I believe that they have] absolutely dreadful customer service. If you need any kind of help from them, good luck. They're generally nice people, but [in my opinion] completely useless. [In my experience,] you'll need to follow up with them multiple times, and if you're lucky you'll get a response in a few weeks.
Jason Proudfit | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for payroll, time off, benefits, and expense reimbursement
  • Easy
  • Employee portal
  • [In my opinion,] benefits renewal is really bad. No one called, they opened enrollment without consulting us
  • Open enrollment rates are wrong, enrollment dates are wrong. It's a mess
  • Getting past the call center firewall is difficult. It is taking a week of calling and emailing to get anyone's attention and it's very difficult to get errors fixed!
[I've found] the customer support for fixes is terrible. [In my experience], often for issues or errors you will spend hours on the phone with call center people who really can't do much to fix or change things.
November 23, 2021

Gusto is a Disaster

We have been with Gusto since 2018, but we cannot in good conscience recommend them to any businesses, small, medium, or large. Their software is faulty and their customer service is never available to help. Holidays are not added properly to payroll even though we are on their Complete plan with "automated PTO/payroll syncing". Our 401(k) matching contributions are not calculated properly because their software doesn't use all eligible wages before calculating the 401(k) match. The list of issues goes on. It takes Gusto ~ 2 weeks to answer emails. We sent them an email 3 weeks ago and we have yet to receive a response!!! It always takes them many days or a few weeks to get back to us (when they do reach out). And when we get a response, they simply don't address the problem or cannot solve the issue. Gusto is either disorganized or growing too fast. They are no longer a viable solution if you are looking for reliable payroll software and responsive customer service. We're considering leaving them in 5 weeks and starting 2022 with a more robust platform.
  • Minimalist platform
  • Good for simple payroll
  • Faulty software
  • Unresponsive customer service
  • No accountability
I am not sure if Gusto is actually a viable solution, no matter the size of the business. If you need top-notch software, Gusto is not the right solution (based on our experience). If you need to reach out to customer service and receive an acceptable answer in a reasonable amount of time, Gusto is not the right solution either.
We use Gusto to run payroll for our small business.
  • Easy to run payroll - user friendly
  • Automates advice on setup requirements (ex: state tax registration)
  • Worst customer support I've ever experienced, [for me the] standard wait time [has been] 2 - 3 weeks for a reply to a question, and even after waiting I haven't gotten a reply. It has been 2 months now.
Gusto is more user-friendly than other payroll software I've used. The interface is well done. However, I'm beyond disappointed with their customer service. If you need to ask a question (ex: why aren't federal taxes being deducted?), you're out of luck [in my experience]. I submitted this question along with a letter from the IRS to Gusto 2 months ago at this point and have yet to get a response. When I call, I wait on hold for [what feels like an] eternity before connecting with someone who can't help me. They'll say their tax team is very busy and will get back to me by X date. But no one has ever gotten back to me. [I feel like] my questions are just sent into the ether. I think new users should just know [from my experience] that they're not going to be able to speak with a human at Gusto who can answer setup questions. [I would] budget a payroll/tax advisor consulting fee into your costs when you're signing up. And [in my opinion] don't bother calling them because it's just upsetting.
September 13, 2021

Gusto for Gusto

We have been using Gusto across our entire company for about two years. It has extremely streamlined our payroll processes. We used to have 10 different spreadsheets to track different things, hours worked, PTO, etc. Gusto takes care of all of that for us in one centralized location.
  • Paid Time Off
  • Tracking Sick Leave
  • End of year tax documents
  • A bit confusing to find different features
  • Implementing new features
I love how my employees can easily see their pay stubs, tax docs, sick leave, etc.
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been really impressed with Gusto. The pricing is pretty good and it comes with a lot of the features we wanted. Most importantly, they take care of all the tax issues and will answer questions, so I can make sure that all our filings and tax payments are being done correctly and on time.

We use them for tracking hours for hourly workers, filing payroll, making the wage and tax payments, and a few of their other bonus features.
  • Accurate filings and tax payments.
  • Very user friendly system and easy to use.
  • Great time tracking that automatically syncs with payroll.
  • Unlimited payrolls for no extra cost.
  • Other things such as scheduling of performance reviews, time off, and even birthday reminders!
  • It would be nice if there was a mobile app (there is a mobile friendly site though).
  • No geo-tracking for time tracking.
You pay for the amount of users, so it's good for companies both large and small. Anytime you have W-2 employees I would think it is a great fit. You can also use it to pay independent contractors, although I haven't used those features before.

The time tracking features are included with one of the plans so if you want employees to be able to track time and have payroll automatically reflect their hours, it's great for that. It's also very easy to reimburse employees for expenses and things like that.

We didn't know about this when we got Gusto, but it also does a great job with little things such as welcome cards for new employees, it lets you make birthday cards, and little things like that.
We use [Gusto] to track time within our company. Basically it works as a punch in and punch out software but the nice thing about it is that it also initiates payroll within the system. For our business that saves time gathering time card information and then inputting it in a separate payroll software. This combines the two and saves a bunch of time at an affordable price.
  • Time tracking
  • Tax Document gathering and distribution
  • Wish they had a mobile app
I really like Gusto and would recommend it to anyone running a small business. The only thing I wish it had was a mobile app which would allow for time tracking remotely, but you can get around that by logging in online. The time tracking is great and running payroll works like a charm. It even will send you email updates on when your paycheck is getting depsosited and how much it is for.
June 11, 2021

Gusto Review

I've used Gusto happily and easily for my small business for over 2 years. Their interface is fairly easy to use, but two recent simple issues with employee tax forms have taken over a month to resolve by [what I feel is] their poorly staffed customer service department. [I believe] their service is extremely slow and their staff ill-equipped to reply and resolve issues creating an embarrassing situation for me with my employees.
  • Interface
  • Ease of use
  • Customer service.
  • Giving customer service agency to resolve problems.
  • Processing of manual payroll and tax form corrections.
  • Ways to escalate customer service claims.
Their slick interface is quite easy to use and understand, but the [I feel the] minute you have a special customer service need, be prepared to be ignored, lied to, and left hanging for a month+.
Ian Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We began using Gusto quite recently, and were pleased to find that they had done a lot of the forward thinking required to help team members join a company, have the necessary forms and payroll tie-ins taken care of, and track time off requests. Our company is using it for all of our team members and it has helped us bring the HR functions into one.
  • Good personable support
  • Developers help with custom forms by creating them when submitted
  • Time off request functionality is nice
  • There isn't an option to tie into an Office 365 shared leave request/vacation calendar
  • It would be nice if there were more pre-configured templates available for certain forms
  • Tie-ins to accounting systems such as QuickBooks or Xero could be expanded
If you're looking to keep all of your HR-related documents and time-tracking in one place, then Gusto could be a good fit for you. The user interface is friendly enough and their support is good, as well as decent documentation on how to set things up. Smaller organizations can benefit from Gusto and the cost is pretty good, although for larger more complex organizations, I'm not sure how Gusto would fit.