SAP Ariba Review
February 04, 2021
SAP Ariba Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Ariba Procurement
SAP Ariba is Ventia's primary procurement platform for all standard procurement requirements: from Source to Contract, through to Procure to Pay. It delivers a simple to use user interface which promotes good procurement processes to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Ensures PO's are transmitted to suppliers, so they are aware of what they are being engaged for, how much value they have been provided and providing them a direct link back to the person responsible for the PO and for ensuring their invoice is paid.
- Provides an easy to use interface for end-users who may have limited knowledge of what's required in a good quality PO. Most administrative fields are pre-populated, leaving only a few fields to populate in order to create a PO. This coupled with the ability to search for items through online catalogues helps remove the reluctance to create PO's upfront.
- Allows suppliers to submit their invoices directly in the companies payment system with minimal effort, requiring only the end user to acknowledge the receipt of goods/services delivered before an invoice is ready for payment. This eliminates the need to chase outstanding invoices after they've already fallen overdue. Providing suppliers with a real time status of their current PO's and Invoices is also a real advantage for suppliers, allowing them to proactively address any issues before and invoice becomes overdue.
- Ariba Connect Support - with the exception of the few, the general responses from a Support Request has the engineer repeat the issue at hand with the first response, request for additional examples on the second, then attempt to close the ticket with the third, citing that the system behaviour is OOTB or 'as designed'. No real investigation is undertaken until there has been multiple responses, or the SR has been escalated to an specialist engineer.
- Ariba should have better functionality for a supplier to route PO's to specific branches (different email addresses) within their organisation without the need for a full integration or through the use of email routing rules.
- Provide a more thorough process when a supplier upgrades from a Standard to Enterprise account. Currently suppliers are misled into upgrading to an enterprise account without any formal confirmation from Ariba to ensure that the supplier understands why, or even that they upgrading. This, coupled with the only option to pay outstanding invoices to downgrade, discredits Ariba and the Buyers reputation in the marketplace, and introduces significant P2P implications if re-enabling the supplier through a new account is undertaken as a work round.
- Improving Broadspectrum's PIFOT for suppliers who have migrated to invoicing through Ariba.
- Provided a simple end-user interface to support PO creation, which has improved internal business process. This has led to good quality PO's being created upfront, which has reduced unnecessary re-work to ensure invoices are paid on time, and improved the businesses capability to report on real time commitment.
Do you think SAP Ariba Procurement delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP Ariba Procurement's feature set?
Did SAP Ariba Procurement live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP Ariba Procurement go as expected?
Would you buy SAP Ariba Procurement again?