Overall Satisfaction with SAP Business One
I started working on SAP Business One implementation and support with many clients since its early release. It is normally used by whole organizations of small/medium size companies. SAP Business One provides a sturdy financial accounting backbone with standard reports that meet most companies’ requirements. The financial data is obtained from an integrated system of sales, purchase inventory and production, which gives business owners’ visibility to inventory and financial data any time during the whole logistics cycle. This is a reason that many clients move to SAP Business One.
- Cost Effective: even with add-ons from a third party, SAP Business One still wins in terms of cost compared to larger ERP providers such SAP All in One.
- Stable Accounting module. Financial accounting is no stranger to users who use any other ERP systems, it provides standard reports and operations. The core financial accounting function is stable and accurate.
- Flexibility to Customize. Users can customize by creating user defined fields, alerts, approvals to define thier own workflow. The UI form can be edited by hiding or moving field. The Query Generator is easy to use, even by a user who is not familiar with SQL. Users can create a customized report.
- Strong Support. Strong SAP support, a wealth of training materials that are easy to obtain. SAP continuously improves on new functionality. Recently SAP added new functionality such as allowing users to define the bin location for inventory items, define dimensions in cost accounting, add resources in production module etc.
- Availability of in depth solution via Integration with third party add-on. Add-ons are available in various areas including WMS, project management, POS, and web portals.
- Improvement in Human Resource module. The employee master data in the Human Resource module can be linked with other modules such as Production in order to directly record time to calculate salary.
- Improvement on technology infrastructure. The B1 Mobile and Dashboard has been causing a lot of issues at the time it is installed and during use afterwards. A user needs a technology background or help from a consultant to set it up. However after setup, the program tends to error out for any network or technology reason. The same problem happens with inter-company add-ons.
- Integration with a third party add-on adds more problems from a support point of view, since some issues need knowledge from both sides to troubleshoot, which puts higher requirement on support.
- SAP Business One provides all accounting and tax data accurately, records sales and purchases, and quickly allows for inventory analysis. The ROI on these modules is positive.
- While Add-on integration causes problems, and involves support from internal staff as well as external consultants constantly, overall it speeds up processing of orders, and improves inventory management.